PDA

View Full Version : Back in the dogfight.

WASC84
22-03-2014, 08:29 PM
When are we going to stop bending over for the big boys I'm sick of this ****.COYI.

mickyj
22-03-2014, 08:35 PM
When are we going to stop bending over for the big boys I'm sick of this ****.COYI. I wouldn't call a 0-2 defeat rolling over, perhaps the big boys are just better...Ask Chelsea if we bent over for them, ask Tottenham if we rolled over for them aswell

bonzosbest74
22-03-2014, 08:39 PM
When are we going to stop bending over for the big boys I'm sick of this ****.COYI. I wouldn't call a 0-2 defeat rolling over, perhaps the big boys are just better...Ask Chelsea if we bent over for them, ask Tottenham if we rolled over for them aswell[/quote]

You'll be in for a tough task trying to defend today's performance Micky, it was nothing like the Chelsea & Spuds resolve.

palerider
22-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Even with 6 changes United had a team full of international players.

What gets me though, and it has since that fat c#nt walked through the door is the fsct we can't change things because he doesn't buy players who can do so.

We had one. We loaned him out. And yet a player who although he works hard is Championship material plays. Nolan does nothing yet when he gets the odd goal or two is player of the month.

Last season we punched above our weight but I thought 10th flattered us. This season I think we'll still be okay but only because there are three worse sides.

But next season is worrying. You can see where the team is heading.

mickyj
22-03-2014, 08:52 PM
When are we going to stop bending over for the big boys I'm sick of this ****.COYI. I wouldn't call a 0-2 defeat rolling over, perhaps the big boys are just better...Ask Chelsea if we bent over for them, ask Tottenham if we rolled over for them aswell[/quote]

You'll be in for a tough task trying to defend today's performance Micky, it was nothing like the Chelsea & Spuds resolve.[/quote] not defending it mate but the question was when are we going to stop bending over for the big boys and the truth is we don't always bend over for them. And to be honest whoever David moyes is in charge of I will never fancy our chances against them, our record against Everton proves he has the voodoo sign over us.

terrya1965
22-03-2014, 08:59 PM
We have 4 games where we`ll probably get nothing,that leaves the other 4.If we get less than 3 pts against Sunderland and Hull coming up,I think we could go down.

The football is absolutely awful to watch.Playing the worst brand of football in the PL and we have a good chance of going down,but G & S still think Sam`s the man.I have watched West Ham since 1971 and have seen the bad times,but HAVE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH DIABOLICAL ENTERTAINMENT FROM MY TEAM WEST HAM.>:( >:( :/ :/ :( :(

mrbubbles
22-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Come on lads FFS where was the fight who cares if it's man utd so what we are at home and one shot on target well for me that is a load of old trash.

bonzosbest74
22-03-2014, 09:09 PM
The Left Back never plays and is not fit to lace Evra's boots so what does Sam do??????? He puts Downing on the other flank and lets Butner ease his way into the game by having to defend against Diame. :s

Vidic was suspended and Carrick was playing Centre Half so what did Sam do???? He has Carroll pulling into the positions that Jones (a natural defender) occupy's and leaves Carrick to deal with Nolan occasionally breaking late into the box. :?

Everyone has caused Man U problems this season, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Palace and others have all played United off the park in 2014 alone but we didn't even try. We should have played two wingers with the two full backs (not McCartney) pushing up and let Carroll terrorise a makeshift defence but we set up for the draw and got done.

terrya1965
22-03-2014, 09:22 PM
The Left Back never plays and is not fit to lace Evra's boots so what does Sam do??????? He puts Downing on the other flank and lets Butner ease his way into the game by having to defend against Diame. :s

Vidic was suspended and Carrick was playing Centre Half so what did Sam do???? He has Carroll pulling into the positions that Jones (a natural defender) occupy's and leaves Carrick to deal with Nolan occasionally breaking late into the box. :?

Everyone has caused Man U problems this season, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Palace and others have all played United off the park in 2014 alone but we didn't even try. We should have played two wingers with the two full backs (not McCartney) pushing up and let Carroll terrorise a makeshift defence but we set up for the draw and got done.

The truth is Bonzo,we haven`t out played anyone this season.You a game where we have dominated the opposition this season?I am fed up

bonzosbest74
22-03-2014, 09:36 PM

The truth is Bonzo,we haven`t out played anyone this season.You a game where we have d

BillyDWhizz
22-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Plan A: Hoof it. Plan B: Usually put on a defender or midfielder and Hoof it longer. Plan C: Blame the ref.

TICKER
22-03-2014, 10:39 PM
It seems Sam is reliant on beating hull and sunderland because there was a distinct lack of effort from the players today!

Dailly___7
22-03-2014, 11:55 PM

Agreed, apart from the bit about Tottenham being one of "the big boys" :s XD

There was no lack of effort today, the opposition were just better than us. Simple as that. We didn't crumble after going 2-0 down nor did we ever really look like coming back into the game. You can bet anything that had the referee done his job correctly today, we'd be talking about a great battling display and a well earned point or maybe even more.

Whiskyman
23-03-2014, 12:35 AM

There was no lack of effort today, the opposition were just better than us. Simple as that. We didn't crumble after going 2-0 down nor did we ever really look like coming back into the game. You can bet anything that had the referee done his job correctly today, we'd be talking about a great battling display and a well earned point or maybe even more.[/quote]

Didn't think the referee did anything too bad today tbh. I assume you're talking about the alleged "foul" on Tomkins for Rooney's first.

Had Tomkins don

JimmyV66
23-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Did not see any effort at all today, players looked beaten the second the game started.

The referee cant be blamed imho. Was not a foul on Tomkins, Tomkins simply was not strong enough.

Never a penalty on Nolan ethier.

Only fault with the ref was how much he let Fellaini get away with.

Man United had Jones, Carrick and Buttner as thier defence and Rafael was booked after just 11 minutes and yet we only had one shot on target all game.

Man U have been pretty woeful by thier standard this year and teams have been taking the game to them, yet we laid down and let then have thier wicked way with us not once but twice now. >:( :blue:

Dailly___7
23-03-2014, 01:02 AM

There was no lack of effort today, the opposition were just better than us. Simple as that. We didn't crumble after going 2-0 down nor did we ever really look like coming back into the game. You can bet anything that had the referee done his job correctly today, we'd be talking about a great battling display and a well earned point or maybe even more.[/quote]

Didn't think the referee did anything too bad today tbh. I assume you're talking about the alleged "foul"

Whiskyman
23-03-2014, 01:10 AM
I don't think anyone is shocked and disgusted that we were defeated. But, speaking for myself, I was pretty disgusted that a Premier League team could only manage one on target shot during 90 minutes.

It may well be a better Man United side than any West Ham team in the last 20 years. But it is also a team which has lost 9 league games this season, so they are far from invincible.

JimmyV66
23-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Rooney has tried that many times before in his Man Utd career. Normally he is way off but every now and again he has come close.

Today without any shock was the day he got it spot on. Wonderful goal.

What was dodgy btw about thier second goal? They broke on the counter, Young played a good ball in, Noble fcked up his clearance and Rooney flucked his second goal of the game.

Lucky and very poor goal yes, dodgy, No.

Dailly___7
23-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Did not see any effort at all today, players looked beaten the second the game started.

The referee cant be blamed imho. Was not a foul on Tomkins, Tomkins simply was not strong enough.

Man United had Jones, Carrick and Buttner as thier defence and Rafael was booked after just 11 minutes and yet we only had one shot on target all game.

Man U have been pretty woeful by thier standard this year and teams have been taking the game to them, yet we laid down and let then have thier wicked way with us not once but twice now. >:( :blue:

It's easy to say that there was no effort or commitment when you lose, much harder to admit that you were just beaten by the better team. That's what I saw today.

Thought the first half was quite even and we definitely didn't deserve to go in 2 goals down at half time. We put them under a bit of pr

JimmyV66
23-03-2014, 01:15 AM
It may well be a better Man United side than any West Ham team in the last 20 years. But it is also a team which has lost 9 league games this season, so they are far from invincible.

And why have they lost nine games this season and have looked pretty aveage?

Teams no longer fear them with thier ageing squad and no Sir Alex there. Teams have taken the game to them.

JimmyV66
23-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Saw no commitment from any of the players out there today. They looked and played like they wanted to be anywhere else but on that pitch.

Think if you were to ask any West Ham fan who was there today what they thought then the term "fighting spirit" would have been the least used.

Persoanlly thought we were very lucky to only be 2 down at half time, Easily could have been alot more.

Still have no idea why you are laying any blame at the feet of the Ref. I expect that from Allardyce because that is all he does. Always down to him alone when we win, never his fault when we lose.

Never seen so many fans leave so early, including several in the BMU at half time. Bad enough there were loads of empty seats seeing as we were playing Manchester United. Wonder why that was?

Allardyce and his tactics are causing more and more fans to stay away.

The atmospehre today was non-excistant, fans just cant get excited for the games.

Dailly___7
23-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I don't think anyone is shocked and disgusted that we were defeated. But, speaking for myself, I was pretty disgusted that a Premier League team could only manage one on target shot during 90 minutes.

I think a lot of people foolishly expected us to beat them today. Any long term West Ham fan would know that we were bound to lose to the worst Man Utd team in the Premier League era. I would fancy our chances more if they were unbeaten all season!

Again, never said we played well. There was a lack of quality, not a lack of effort. I for one won't slate a West Ham team that loses to far better opposition as long as I see commitment.

Never said that they were invincible. Just that they are better than us. They are.

Jimmy, only Rooney knows if he trul

JimmyV66
23-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Could have and a penalty but should not have had a penalty. Was never a foul and the referee like he did regarding the so called foul for the first got it spot on.

So nethier goal were dodgy. One was a worldy and the other was a poor mistake with a huge slice of luck.

Rooney meant that allright. World class goal.

happyhammer4eva
23-03-2014, 01:43 AM

Can't argue with that at all , apart from the Tomkins foul would of been given by many refs just not the one we had today.
We never looked like getting anything from the game , i'm disappointed.

Dailly___7
23-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Saw no commitment from any of the players out there today. They looked and played like they wanted to be anywhere else but on that pitch.

Think if you were to ask any West Ham fan who was there today what they thought then the term "fighting spirit" would have been the least used.

Persoanlly thought we were very lucky to only be 2 down at half time, Easily could have been alot more.

Still have no idea why you are laying any blame at the feet of the Ref. I expect that from Allardyce because that is all he does. Always down to him alone when we win, never his fault when we lose.

Never seen so many fans leave so early, including several in the BMU at half time. Bad enough there were loads of empty seats seeing as we were playing Manchester United. Wonder why that was?

Allardyce and his tactics are causing more and more fans to stay away.

The atmospehre today was non-excistant, fans just cant get excited for the games.

That's

palerider
23-03-2014, 05:24 AM

The truth is Bonzo,we haven`t out played anyone this season.You a game where we have d