PDA

View Full Version : Chances of McManus & McFadden re-signing?

Well_Fan_For_Life
23-03-2014, 09:09 AM
I would love to see this pair re-sign, IMO they have been great for us this season but (being a little cynical) I don't they have done enough to have other teams fighting for their signatures, they both seem settled, do you think we can keep them?

bheron
23-03-2014, 09:19 AM
If we don't we just start again.

That is how it going to be from now on. Gone are the days when we can expect players to be with us for years.

All the more reason for us to be grateful to those who have given us long service,

dosser1
23-03-2014, 09:20 AM
On performances only big Mick would have a chance of a move ,but he said on Alba a few weeks back he would be delighted to stay .Faddy on the other hand won't get a move on his performances ,lucky to be playing in front of fans who worship him anywhere else he would have been slated for some of his performances / going nowhere :s

wellin
23-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I would like to see the pair of them re sign with us again. McManus has been solid at the back and also gives us a threat from set peices. If as expected hutchie moves on i think it would be important for us to re sign him. i think our centre half pairing could be ramsden and mcmanus next reason with reid at right back possibly. As for faddy, i can't see where he could go, his performances haven't been good enough to alert teams down south and he knocked back aberdeen last season because he wanted to be close to his family. But as always it will come down to finance at the end of the day.

dasdeid
23-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Only if both were to reduce their wage demands.
McManus been consistent throughout season and McFadden early performances poor.
IMO have adequate replacement(s) in defence at a much less financial strain on club, i.e. Ramsden, Kerr and return from loan Cummins. However, unless offer from USA can't see McFadden moving away and accept M'well offer

Sup3rw3ll
23-03-2014, 03:59 PM
mick would be happy to stay which is a good start. Really does come down to money.. 2nd/3rd with some euro money might make this possible. But, would also depend on requirements to fill gaps in other areas of the field. e.g. Hutch replacement, new goalie etc.

mix106
23-03-2014, 11:09 PM
mick would be happy to stay which is a good start. Really does come down to money.. 2nd/3rd with some euro money might make this possible. But, would also depend on requirements to fill gaps in other areas of the field. e.g. Hutch replacement, new goalie etc.

We never make money on Europe, so we are told every season without fail...we'd be as well missing it for all the loss making hand wringing we get every time we do qualify.

allan73
24-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Yip comes down to money. At this moment we can really only base our squad for next season on the ones that have a year or two left on their contracts. We could be looking for a goal keeper a right back a left back a centre half a right winger a left winger a central midfielder and another forward. Some of these places could well have to be filled with ZFA, Leitch, Lawson, Thomas, Moore and so on. Grabbing second would surely make a bit of a difference but in turn the lost revenues from our early cup exits will hurt the bank balance. Like previous seasons our possible euro run will determine whether we can bring people in on loan in January for the push for the title. OOPS sorry thought I was an Aberdeen fan for a second. We can only do what we can do with the funds available. Join the well society, buy your season tickets, play the well lotto or just send any donations to Leeann Dempster and you never know we might just get Faddy for another year;D

Yazz
29-03-2014, 05:05 PM
If we don't we just start again.

That is how it going to be from now on. Gone are the days when we can expect players to be with us for years.

All the more reason for us to be grateful to those who have given us long service,

Yep

Handsome_Devil
29-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I think we'll keep both.