PDA

View Full Version : Poor performance

steakpiegravy
23-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Anyone else noticing the QOSmad site seems to be slower than big Derek Holmes these days? Thought it was my interent at first but everything else is fine.

Auld_Chippy
23-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Anyone else noticing the QOSmad site seems to be slower than big Derek Holmes these days? Thought it was my interent at first but everything else is fine.

I have noticed this for quite a while now and commented on it before. I also thought my old computer may be to blame but know of others with newer technology are having the same problems. Frustrating when you type and post a message and the site freezes and your post is lost out there somewhere. Even more frustrating if your keyboard skills are not the quickest.
eta; It would be ironic if this post did not appear.

MCMXIX
23-03-2014, 10:19 AM
It's terribly slow again & whenever I'm using my ipad or iPhone I now get pop up adverts at the bottom of the screen :(

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
23-03-2014, 11:09 AM

This is being dealt with - pop up issue exists only on tablets and phones ..

In future it would be helpful if you could also e-mail us direct as regards technical issues etc. tks

steakpiegravy
23-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I did actually look on the site for some way to raise this but couldnt find it - just realised I guess you mean the email button on your own post? Not all that obvious (to me anyway):?

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
23-03-2014, 08:39 PM
I did actually look on the site for some way to raise this but couldnt find it - just realised I guess you mean the email button on your own post? Not all that obvious (to me anyway):?

Instructions on the use of the Complain button have been displayed at the head of the Message Board page for some time.

If this is not clear enough we will display something clearer.

There are also contact instructions at the bottom of the Home Page

Auld_Chippy
23-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Instructions on the use of the Complain button have been displayed at the head of the Message Board page for some time.

If this is not clear enough we will display something clearer.

There are also contact instructions at the bottom of the Home Page[/quote]

No need to get in a strop Admin, I think most people having problems posting, or slow connection, etc, understand that the problem lies with the Footymad site providers and not your good self. I have noticed warnings of potential downtime or limited services on these sites but at times it can be quite frustrating when all is going well one minute and suddenly the site freezes and your post is lost.
:( Turn that frown upside down :)

steakpiegravy
24-03-2014, 02:46 PM
...and you did say "email me" not complain. I'd never any intention of complaining about it. Just a query. Maybe a notice up top saying "sorry for the slow workings of the site currently we are aware and are effecting a fix" would be helpful since you ask.:P

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
25-03-2014, 11:05 AM

This is being dealt with - pop up issue exists only on tablets and phones ..

In future it would be helpful if you could also e-mail us direct as regards technical issues etc. tks[/quote]

I have checked this morning using tablet (safari) and two browsers on my PC and everything seems ok.

The pop ups on the tablet is a problem but solved by a tap and holding. The pop ups can be blocked on your PC by software.

Any other problems use the Complain button (Which sends an e-mail to us direct) - e-mail us direct from your mail box to queens.mad@btinternet.com or follow instructions at bottom of the Home Page.

We also have a 24 hour hotline on 07765624129