PDA

View Full Version : smash and catch...

redgreggie
23-03-2014, 11:08 AM
been watching a bit of that 'smash and catch' that's going along on that foreign country, can't remember which one it is, it's called the world t20...

started off rather poorly, there they were two captains out in the middle with the commentator, and this little indian kid, guess he was the equivalent of the mascots at football matches...

I could hear the commentator...

give me the coin, give me the coin, GIVE ME THE COIN...poor kid he thought it was his share of the sport relief that we've just had, he handed over the coin and trundled off the field...well, he was ushered off unceremoniously, having a bit of a paddy.

so, they had the toss, and after that they proceeded to 'smash and catch' for a while, with the commentators creaming themselves at just how far the ball had been smashed...doesn't matter how far they smash it they can still only get six...for how long?

the next innovation in this 'smash and catch', surely has to be targets out in the perimeter and you get bonus poin

braggyowl
23-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Not been watching it Ray but if I'd been the kid i'd have chucked the coin at him and said "here, have the fcker"...XD

redgreggie
23-03-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd rather this be at the top instead of that rovrum one...

ray...in Batley

aussieowl
23-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Can't stand this form of cricket, it's like kids playing rounders in the schoolyard(do they still play rounders)...don't mind one day matches but test cricket is the ultimate form of the game.

hirstyboywonder
23-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Can't stand this form of cricket, it's like kids playing rounders in the schoolyard(do they still play rounders)...don't mind one day matches but test cricket is the ultimate form of the game.

I agree Aussie but it does seem like a good way of getting young uns interested in the sport with the speed and added excitement.

For the connoisseur it does take away a lot of the technique and skills of batting and bowling and becomes a slog fest.

redgreggie
01-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I'd rather this be at the top instead of that rovrum one...

ray...in Batley.