PDA

View Full Version : FAO Steeple

pondieboss
23-03-2014, 01:14 PM
this weeks predictions i notice my opponent has posted the same as me,i rememeber last year someone complaint when i did that,which was my fault as i dint pay attention, and i have made sure since then that i dont do same as other person, i no there nothing in rules says you cant, but you cant say something to someone and not to someone else when it the same issue,

steeplejack
23-03-2014, 01:19 PM
The bottom line is it is up to the teams to see who they are playing and see if the opposition has posted. After that is is purely tactical, I would say it's not in the spirit of the game to post the same, but as you say nothing in the rules.
I'm sure best is desperate for the points and has probably not realised.

pondieboss
23-03-2014, 01:49 PM
we could all say we desperate for the points!!!! i appreciate your response, just think maybe be worth making point of saying it not in spirit of game to post same as opponent,

broathrbest
23-03-2014, 02:43 PM
I predict what i think will happen in said games , i do not look at opponents prediction as not to cloud my judgement , which as you can see by the league table is often flawed , as for desperate for points , see above ,dont worry however if this method is not in the will of sporting integrity the league can do without me next season , lots of other less complaint free activities on the world wide web .

SassenachSteve10
23-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Man after my own heart.
Oh I can't have Rangers to beat Arbroath because the opposition has ugh!!!

ectolichtie
23-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Spirit of the game, integrity, thought this was a wee bit of fun

pondieboss
23-03-2014, 06:35 PM
i am only making a point because i got my fingers wrapped for same last year because my opponent complaint about me doing the same, yes its a bit of fun but shld have sportsmanship in it and shld be played in the spirit thats meant

ectolichtie
23-03-2014, 06:56 PM
i am only making a point because i got my fingers wrapped for same last year because my opponent complaint about me doing the same, yes its a bit of fun but shld have sportsmanship in it and shld be played in the spirit thats meant

A complaint, really!, by whom, and shame, I never look at my opponents have put down as I play the "course" and draws are part of football anyway, no rule in football says you cannot play for a draw, and it only a bit of fun

pondieboss
24-03-2014, 10:11 AM
my point was that i got my knuckles wrapped for posted the same as my opponents as i dint look and all i am saying is adjudicator cant wrapped one person's knuckles and not do the same to someone else, i am aware it all bit of fun and there no rules. but if there are nu rules about it then i shouldnt get my knuckles wrapped for it, THAT IS MY POINT

DougLichtie
24-03-2014, 12:44 PM
FFS, get a grip.
For the record, I predict, check for my opponent, change one (or two) if the same.

Great job Steeps

F...U...N

ectolichtie
24-03-2014, 09:59 PM
It is a bit of FUN and that is all it is and it should be treated as such, but to be "grassed-up" because you didn't pay attention, is surely a sign that someone is taking the game just a little to seriously, just saying

pondieboss
25-03-2014, 12:13 PM
not a case of being "grassed up" yes it is fun and that's way i take it, but as said it "point of principle"

AFC1320
25-03-2014, 07:19 PM
FFS...lol, "Oh its magic you know...there's gonna be A-G-R-O".

Well done Steeplejack for taken the time and effort for doing this "fun" game but remember you cannot predict the same results/lottery numbers/bingo numbers/horses... XD