PDA

View Full Version : Beckham, Rooney and Figueroa

Sammy_Salt
25-03-2014, 12:21 PM
After Rooney's half way line goal at the weekend the football media raised the question of which was the better goal, Rooney's or Beckham's.
MOTD stated that only two goals from the half way line had been scored in the Premier League.

Typically no-one mentioned or showed the Figueroa effort against Stoke which in my view was better than both Rooney's and Beckham's as it was further out and the Stoke keeper was not off his line to any great extent.

WhoRYa
25-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Typically no-one mentioned or showed the Figueroa effort against Stoke which in my view was better than both Rooney's and Beckham's as it was further out and the Stoke keeper was not off his line to any great extent.

if you watch the youtube footage of both Beckham & Figueroa's goals again on youtube both Stoke & Wimbledon's keepers appear to be about the same distance off their lines (give or take a yard) when the shots are made.
Its more difficult to tell the exact positioning of the keeper for Figueroa's goal but if you see the footage from right behind the goal you can tell by the amount of time you see the keeper back peddling before he makes his dive (about 6 yards out) that his starting position was probably about level with the penlty spot

For me Rooney's at the weekend was the better of the 3 coz despite being nearer the technique needed to be better

Ihaventaclue
25-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt Figueroa's was the best, by a mile ...

... and I'm NOT biased.

LeeKoo
25-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Tim Howard Everton

Asmir Begovic Stoke

Paul Robinson (link) Spurs, cracker - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5_ULy16-4)