PDA

View Full Version : Any danger of the match being called off tonight?

MikeSB
25-03-2014, 04:15 PM
As its rained all day and so just wondered?

Not good for our style of play guys..

alexmick
25-03-2014, 04:34 PM
After complaints from the management that the pitch was bone hard last time out, there should be no gripes tonight, as the pitch should be perfect for free flowing football. Only light rain forecast between now and 2100 hours. No excuses for the team tonight. A win is essential.

Trinidads_No1
25-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I can see the pitch from my office window. It looks ok no standing water.

jwar123
26-03-2014, 06:16 AM
wish it had been called off!

alexmick
26-03-2014, 11:43 AM
wish it had been called off!

I completely agree. This was a criminal waste of another evening. That is now two abject home displays on the trot and on those showings, the Alex deserve to get relegated. Poor tactics and team selection from our leader once again. Byron not even on the bench, when his skills and match changing abilities were clearly required. What does he do, he brings on a man wearing short sleeves and gloves. Says it all.

somersetcrewe
26-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Forgive me for being the perennial optimist, I know it gets some peoples' backs up - but we are still 19th!! To my knowledge, you don't get relegated in that position. Others are struggling too, not just us - last night was proof of that!

We still have Coventry (on a bad run), Colchester (on a bad run) and even Crawley (the cracks are starting to appear there, as I predicted), amongst others to come. Far from over.
And I know I wasn't there, (listening was hard enough), but I was with the select few on Saturday - so I still believe!

As for "wearing short sleeves and gloves"?? - not sure that constitutes poor tactics. It's not an uncommon sight in football either.

Mystified by Byron's absence though - is he injured?

alexmick
26-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Forgive me for being the perennial optimist, I know it gets some peoples' backs up - but we are still 19th!! To my knowledge, you don't get relegated in that position. Others are struggling too, not just us - last night was proof of that!

We still have Coventry (on a bad run), Colchester (on a bad run) and even Crawley (the cracks are starting to appear there, as I predicted), amongst others to come. Far from over.
And I know I wasn't there, (listening was hard enough), but I was with the select few on Saturday - so I still believe!

As for "wearing short sleeves and gloves"?? - not sure that constitutes poor tactics. It's not an uncommon sight in football either.

Mystified by Byron's absence though - is he injured?

You had to be there to really believe what you were seeing. Yes, 19th is not in the bottom four places, but witnessing the past two home performances, really makes it so difficulty to be fully optimistic for the

RenegadeDS
27-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Your fingers freeze long before your arms do.

alexmick
27-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Your fingers freeze long before your arms do.

No need for nesh players on Saturday, as temperatures are likely to reach a balmy 15C. ;) They might all be wearing their summer garb.

PAULCAFC
28-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Just had a massive downpour here, how's the pitch now?

grestyraider7
28-03-2014, 11:05 PM
O.K. hopefully..my boy is mascot!!!