PDA

View Full Version : v Watford

Howie5o
25-03-2014, 08:49 PM
...game tonight ...1-1 HT ..first goal for Dunny in open play away since 2009!...Rovers giving it a goosd go according ta Radio!!

COYB!!

01 Robinson
02 Kane
03 Spurr
17 Williamson
16 Keane
04 Kilgallon
29 Evans
08 Dunn
11 Rhodes
39 Gestede
32 Conway
Substitutes
05 Hanley
13 Eastwood
14 Olsson
15 Varney
19 Taylor
22 Feeney
23 Dabo

Howie5o
25-03-2014, 09:10 PM
1-2 ..Conway..excellent finish courtesy of Sky Soccer special ..:D

Howie5o
25-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Howie...its 2-2 now ..soft penalty ...

Argh ..cheers Howie ..

Ps ..im presuming everyones at Watford tonight ? ..XD

DanRrr
25-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Watfor 3 Rovers 2, but don't worry, Varney's just come on http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/dazed-2.png

DanRrr
25-03-2014, 10:03 PM
3 - 3 A message to you Rudy - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDQ85Dg-ss)

blueandwhiteheart
25-03-2014, 11:11 PM
first goal for Dunny in open play away since 2009!.????????????????????????????
you sure about that statement howie ???????????

champs95
25-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Howie...its 2-2 now ..soft penalty ...

Argh ..cheers Howie ..

Ps ..im presuming everyones at Watford tonight ? ..XD

I went ...I'm joking ... ;D

I stopped looking in on this board for the first time in years, as it was days without a post?
If I'd have realised I'd have been on . Good result, considering we we 3-2 down in the last minute, away from home. This Conway is looking another really good purchase. Good result last Sat aswell. The points return over the past 5 games is not too bad, apart from a complete one off away at Bolton. Let's try and finish as high up this season, and look to improve for next one. It's looking likely we will finish just outside the play offs. Is that a disasterous season? GB still has a huge job getting shut of the high earners, Ethuhu etc. before he can get anyone else in. We really need a centre half.

Howie5o
26-03-2014, 06:52 AM
first goal for Dunny in open play away since 2009!.????????????????????????????
you sure about that statement howie ???????????
Away from Home BlueNwhite ..according to Radio Lancs..?..i know seems a long time ..? :?

kennyK
26-03-2014, 08:27 PM
The last 3 games have seen 3 quality team performances from the Rovers. Why? Because we haven't got that useless leg iron Jason Lowe cocking things up, slowing things down, hospital passing like he has done for the last 3 years. I wouldn't mind him slowing it down if he knew what he was doing, but he doesn't. Keep him out of this team, sneak Hanley back in, and this team could be going places.
By the way, was that one of the greatest headers of the year by Rudi or what? He is a colossus in the air.
By, By the way, this site is far too slow, it takes several minutes just to check the next page. Has it caught a virus?

DanRrr
26-03-2014, 10:19 PM
This site is so slow, it's become unusable. No wonders it's dying on it's arse!!

Gestede's header was phucking class!!!! XD

The celebration was justified ;) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNX6uW61WV4)

AucklandRover
27-03-2014, 12:16 AM
This site is so slow, it's become unusable. No wonders it's dying on it's arse!!

The celebration was justified ;)

And talking of "class", what about Dunny's dribble and pass in the area?!
Surely he has to start every game, even if he only plays for an hour.
As for this site, it's maddening. Surely "Footymad" can find a better host-platform. This is like going back to dial-up in the 1990s. I've looked at other fans' web-sites, using other hosts, and access is instant. How do we complain?

champs95
27-03-2014, 01:50 PM

As for this site, it's maddening. Surely "Footymad" can find a better host-platform. This is like going back to dial-up in the 1990s. I've looked at other fans' web-sites, using other hosts, and access is instant. How do we complain?[/quote]

Even a half fit Dunny is probably the best player in this division. It's a pity we cant get 90 mins every week out of him anymore.

Gestede, like Conway is proving to be a decent enough signing. Making a mockery of this notion put forward (because we had a bad week and lost to Burnley and Bournemouth - who are sat just below us in the table) that

DanRrr
27-03-2014, 06:21 PM

As for this site, it's maddening. Surely "Footymad" can find a better host-platform. This is like going back to dial-up in the 1990s. I've looked at other fans' web-sites, using other hosts, and access is instant. How do we complain?[/quote]

Dunny's set up for Conway was also class Aucks, fully agree.

I can't see this site lasting much longer with the speed of it. It really is quite pathetic. I've been looking around other forums. Rovertalk seems to be the sainest of the lot.

DanRrr
27-03-2014, 06:29 PM

Even a half fit Dunny is probably the best player in this division. It's a pity we cant get 90 mins every week out of him anymore.

Gestede, like Conway is proving to be a decent enough signing. Making a mockery of this notion put forward (because we had a bad week and lost to Burnley and Bournemouth

champs95
27-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I do recall it Dan, that's why I mentioned it. It was stated he was too slow and deemed not good enough by other clubs, so why would we take him?

After the Bournemouth game, just after the Burnley game, a lot, some here, most on BRFC's where wanting GB out, stating he had had enough time, we weren't going anywhere, his signings were poor etc.
I do believe Auks put a post up at that time asking for some balanced views? As there wasn't any.

Edit - the only reason why GB has signed so many midfield players is because we have suffered massive injuries in that position.
ethuhu - longterm.
Cairney - short term
Evans - most of the season.
Marshall - long term
Dunn - missed most of the season
Williamson - short term
King - short term
Taylor - short term

That's out whole midfield out at the same time more or less, hence he has been forced into playing Williamson & Lowe while neither are first choice, for the vast majority. Losing Marshall meant we had to get Conway in, which meant we

DanRrr
27-03-2014, 09:57 PM
After the Bournemouth game, just after the Burnley game, a lot, some here, most on BRFC's where wanting GB out, stating he had had enough time, we weren't going anywhere, his signings were poor etc.
I do believe Auks put a post up at that time asking for some balanced views? As there wasn't any.

I am guessing you didn't see those games Champs? Because trust me, a blanced, or at least honest, view of the performances in those 2 games had to conclude that Rovers had played absolute sh1te. To say anything else was delusional.

Yes you are right in saying that there have been a lot of midfield injuries which have unsettled the midfield. But these short term injuries have rotated, they weren't all at once. So inhouse rotation/cover could be used, there was no need to sign Feeney and Varney. I hope I'm proved wrongin this view. I'll be happy to be.

AucklandRover
28-03-2014, 12:47 AM

I am guessing you didn't see those games Champs? Because trust me, a blanced, or at least honest, view of the performances in those 2 games had to conclude that Rovers had played absolute sh1te. To say anything else was delusional.

Yes you are right in saying that there have been a lot of midfield injuries which have unsettled the midfield. But these short term injuries have rotated, they weren't all at once. So inhouse rotation/cover could be used, there was no need to sign Feeney and Varney. I hope I'm proved wrongin this view. I'll be happy to be.[/quote]

I'll dip a toe in the water her

champs95
28-03-2014, 03:25 AM

Yes you are right in saying that there have been a lot of midfield injuries which have unsettled the midfield. But these short term injuries have rotated, they weren't all at once. So inhouse rotation/cover could be used, there was no need to sign Feeney and Varney. I hope I'm proved wrongin this view. I'll be happy to be.[/quote]

To say anything else is delusi

Howie5o
28-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Blackburn Eovers

Played 37 W 13 D 12 L 12 GD -1

That says it all ..for all the so called "good" players that Rovers have/had had at their disposal this season we re a team that will win one draw one lose one ..very very average ...and if it wasnt for the fact that teams above us cant make that 5th/6th place their own (which they should have by now) our season would have been over weeks ago..

Il still say it ..GB has had too many players..players that hes wanted to bring in and been allowed to by the club .. ..didnt know his best 11 and his tactics at times have to be questioned ..we never knew what performance Rovers would produce from one week to the next ..how many times have we all thought ..wow what a performance ..we look the real deal to then putting in a performance the week after which you simply couldnt comprehend ? ..all we needed was to string four or five wins together and we d be in the play offs yet we never can ..the crazy thing is the chance is still there

DanRrr
28-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Yep Howie, nail on head.

Champs, I'm not personally attacking you. But you cited Aucks asking for balanced a view of the Bournemouth game. I replied with I saw with my own eyes and what my brain tells me, (same as everyone else did that saw it). You can use 'female logic' to point score if you like, XD but the long and short is that good as Burnley are this season, they were nervy at Ewood until just before Dunn went off, when they started to up their game, but Dunn was keeping them nervy and should have stayed on, (although hindsight is a wonderful thing, I was fearful of the substitution at the time and my fear was proved right).

You may disagree if you like, but rather than saying that you would be delusional on the Bournemouth front if you don't agree, you would be arrogant in the extreme, given you weren't there and didn't see it. However, it takes all sorts of things for people to form opinions, you're free to have one. It's just unlikely that anyone that saw that game is like

DanRrr
28-03-2014, 08:41 AM
I'll dip a toe in the water here, Dan, although I know it will be bitten off. Is Varney really better than Goodwillie?
Come to that, is Feeney any better than Chris Taylor or even Marcus Olsson?

From what I've seen so far Aucks, no they're not. Which make their recent inclusions seem slightly pointless. Still only time will tell.

champs95
28-03-2014, 08:59 AM
[quote="Howie5o"]Blackburn Eovers

That says it all ..for all the so called "good" players that Rovers have/had had at their disposal this season we re a team that will win one draw one lose one ..very very average ...and if it wasnt for the fact that teams above us cant make that 5th/6th place their own (which they should have by now) our season would have been over weeks ago..

Il still say it ..GB has had too many players..players that hes wanted to bring in and been allowed to by the club .. ..didnt know his best 11 and his tactics at times have to be questioned ..we never knew what performance Rovers would produce from one week to the next ..how many times have we all thought ..wow what a performance ..we look the real deal to then putting in a performance the week after which you simply couldnt comprehend ? ..all we needed was to string four or five wins together and we d be in the play offs yet we never can ..

Howie5o
28-03-2014, 05:24 PM
[quote="champs95"]Blackburn Eovers

Il still say it ..GB has had too many players..players that hes wanted to bring in and been allowed to by the club .. ..didnt know his best 11 and his tactics at times have to be questioned ..we never knew what performance Rovers would produce from one week to the next ..how many times have we all thought ..wow what a performance ..we look the real deal to then putting in a performance the week after which you simply couldnt comprehend ? ..all we needed was to string four or five wins together an

champs95
28-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Il still say it ..GB has had too many players..players that hes wanted to bring in and been allowed to by the club .. ..didnt know his best 11 and his tactics at times have to be questioned ..we never knew what performance Rovers would produce from one week to the next ..how many times have we all thought ..wow what a performance ..we look the real deal to then putting in a performance the week after which you simply couldnt comprehend ? ..all we neede

Howie5o
28-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't know when or where we became certs to go up automatically?

Exactly ..no one said we were ?..never was ..never were ..never stated ..

If you read back to what i said .."on reflection" ie now ..looking back ..with what GB has had at his disposal ..theres was no reason why we couldnt be making a play off place ours ..

With the past two seasons ..players having to be booted ..ie high earners non performers ..etc etc ..not many fans believed we d be bringing in new blood to the squad ..but ..we have .. and GBs choices ..a long line of them ..Venkys stumping up cash for Cairney and Gestede being a boost ..so GBs hands this season have hardly been tied .. looking "back " at what hes had available as a Championship manager ..hes had a good deal ..

As for all the "well we aint a big club no more " ..been there seen that ..saw it before Jack Walker ..seen it now ...but lets not kid ourselves here ..we ve had a good rotation of players in the managers favour compared to a lot of club

seventwo
28-03-2014, 11:04 PM

Il still say it ..GB has had too many players..players that hes wanted to bring in and been allowed to by the club .. ..didnt know his best 11 and his tactics at times have to be questioned ..we never knew what performance Rovers would produce from one week to the next ..how many times have we all thought ..wow what a performance ..we look the real deal to then putting in a performance the week after which you simply couldnt comprehend ? ..all we needed was to string four or five wins together and we d be in the play offs yet we never can ..

AucklandRover
29-03-2014, 06:39 AM
This is an interesting debate - exactly the kind of thread we should have more often.
My take is still that GB has done a pretty good job OFF the pitch, but has made some significant tactical errors on match-days.
I think we should live with that. He is still moving forwards, and definitely deserves another half-season at least. In Championship terms, this is a pretty decent squad he has assembled. I am hoping he has learned from some of the mistakes, and puts that knowledge to good use next season.

AucklandRover
29-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Sorry. I couldn't post a reply at all, and then the same message got shown twice. :?

Rvblue
29-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Aucks one lesson he needs to learn is that we are unbeaten in the 4 games Lowe has not started in midfield.

That blind faith with him this season has driven most of us potty. The guy is a good tackler and has the energy to cover at the back and get blocks in. He is probably better defensively than either Kane or Henley at right back.

I hope he learns that lesson and plays him at full back going forward

A midfield of Conway, Evans, Cairney and Marshall when fit looks good enough at this level.

DanRrr
29-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Dan stated he thought we would finish around 10th (is) so now we look likely to exceed that, and we are discussing one off game against Bournemouth.

Too many changes have at times been GB's downfall. A huge percentage of those are enforced, through injury. Not really taken into consideration.

Quick question, did you expect a lot more? As the predictions pre season appeared to suggest most would take this kind of a season. Looking back at the previous 2.

I can't respond to all of that as my shoulder is keeping away from the PC.

Yes I did state I thought 10th would be OK. My recent moaning is that a some very good performances have then dropped after tinkering with the starting line up. Subsitutions have been poor and sometimes plain wrong, (Dunn against Burnley for starters I would say cost us a point due to it's poor timing). Bournemouth was a one off, it was a pub team display and I had every right to say so having been th

Despair
29-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Dan stated he thought we would finish around 10th (is) so now we look likely to exceed that, and we are discussing one off game against Bournemouth.

Too many changes have at times been GB's downfall. A huge percentage of those are enforced, through injury. Not really taken into consideration.

Quick question, did you expect a lot more? As the predictions pre season appeared to suggest most would take this kind of a season. Looking back at the previous 2.

Yes I did state I thought 10th would be OK. My recent moaning is that a some very good performances have then dropped after tinkering with the starting line up. Subsitutions have been poor and sometimes plain wrong, (Dunn against Burnley for starters I would say cost us a point due to it's poor timing). Bournemouth was a one off, it was a pub team display an

Despair
29-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Yes I did state I thought 10th would be OK. My recent moaning is that a some very good performances have then dropped after tinkering with the starting line up. Subsitutions have been poor and sometimes plain wrong, (Dunn against Burnley for starters I would say cost us a point due to it's poor timing). Bournemout

champs95
29-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Yes I did state I thought 10th would be OK. My recent moaning is that a some very good performances have then dropped after tinkering with the starting line up. Subsitutions have been poor and sometimes plain wrong, (Dunn against Burnley for starters I would say cost us a point due to it's poor timing). Bournemouth was a one off, it was a pub team display an

AucklandRover
29-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Aucks one lesson he needs to learn is that we are unbeaten in the 4 games Lowe has not started in midfield.

That blind faith with him this season has driven most of us potty. The guy is a good tackler and has the energy to cover at the back and get blocks in. He is probably better defensively than either Kane or Henley at right back.

A midfield of Conway, Evans, Cairney and Marshall when fit looks good enough at this level.

RvBlue - I honestly think that would be a very competitive midfield, and we have Dunn, Williamson, King, Taylor and possibly Dabo as viable alternatives. In fact, we do have a surplus in that region! I agree with you that Lowe is a hindrance in midfield, but NO recent managers seem to agree with us!

champs95
29-03-2014, 09:41 PM

RvBlue - I honestly think that would be a very competitive midfield, and we have Dunn, Williamson, King, Taylor and possibly Dabo as viable alternatives. In fact, we do have a surplus in that region! I agree with you that Lowe is a hindrance in midfield, but NO recent managers seem to agree with us![/quote]

Lowe is a good professional. If he was simply in midfield then he's a spoiler. Nothin