PDA

View Full Version : QPR game, brief report

SwinleyLatic
25-03-2014, 11:03 PM
We were the better side tonight and deserved at least a point. The way their supporters celebrated at the end says it all. It was as if they'd won the cup.
Plus points for me. Perch (again), Mceachran, Ramis, Collinson, McCarthur, and McLean in parts. Gomez when he came on was (and I can't believe I'm saying this) just fantastic.
Negatives. Rogne is just plain awful. Crainey's about as good as me mum. Powell was selfish and greedy and imo cost us the game. Gave away and lost the ball every time he got it.
Roll on Bolton. Gomez to start...
One question. Where was Mcmanaman? He'd have torn them apart tonight.

twofootedchallenge
25-03-2014, 11:53 PM
I listened to the game on Wish FM tonight and after their goal we absolutely battered them, especially after half time restart.
Powell started the season off very well but now season/loan is coming to a close for him he is turning into Victor Moses. ;D

**** him off to bench and let our lads get stuck in.

the winning/unbeaten run was never going to go on forever. :blue:
most fair minded supporters can see that to the others i'll just say two words 'Leeds United' B)

the pay offs are still a probability B)

Like Jon Bon Jovi said 'KEEP THE FAITH' ;D

WhoRYa
26-03-2014, 08:56 AM
I didn't think that Latics would win as soon as I saw the line up before kick off to be honest. It looked to me like a team set up to get a point
That said, I was unable to get the live feed working on my laptop until around the 60th minute so can't comment on what went on before other than to say my mate who was watching said that overall Latics were the better side but we lacked that killer instinct up front & there were numerous times that McClean did well to get a ball in & there was no-one there to meet it. I don't think that's a massive surprise when you start with any recognised forwards in the team. But like I said, I didn't see it & in all honesty it's not as if our centre forwards are prolific anyway ;D

The bit of the game I did manage to see I was disappointed with. Not in the sense that Latics were inferior to QPR coz they weren't by any stretch of the imagination, but it all looked a bit disjointed (players playing the ball into areas that they hoped someone would be run