PDA

View Full Version : Will Burnley win the league??

M14VAY
26-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Unbeaten this year and not going away is it now a possibility the title is up for grabs?

champs95
26-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Unbeaten this year and not going away is it now a possibility the title is up for grabs?

it just goes to show what confidence and luck can do to a side. You now just riding a on the crest of a wave.
You won't do anything in the Prem, won't keep your better players, and all this will fall away quickly. You are too small of a club, have barley any fans no money, no real ambition to keep any of your better assests.
So win the league or finish second, next season will be a tiresome affair.

poltergeist
26-03-2014, 12:54 PM
With the run you have had this season, Imho I think if you can beat Leicester it is your title.

Whichever way it goes, good luck in the Premiership.

The financial gain for your club will be paramount when you come straight back down as I have to agree with Chumps on this one. :P

theclaret57
26-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Champs, what about Swansea? They managed to adapt to life in the Prem without spending big money and still managed to keep their best players.

M14VAY
26-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Yes complete luck... I may be mistaken but im sure it's only 3 defeats all season and only once has it been while burnley have had the full 11 players on come the final whistle.
I tend to agree that this weekend's game against Leicester will probably have a huge baring on where the title ends up.
I'd personally take premotion first and until then talk of the title should be banned but like many others the buzz ( not the public transport type ) around the place as captured everyone... all 12,000 that attended the Doncaster game.

But fans dont get you points or promotion winning games does!

TheInsideMan
26-03-2014, 03:04 PM

it just goes to show what confidence and luck can do to a side. You now just riding a on the crest of a wave.
You won't do anything in the Prem, won't keep your better players, and all this will fall away quickly. You are too small of a club, have barley any fans no money, no real ambition to keep any of your better assests.
So win the league or finish second, next season will be a tiresome affair.[/quote]

Yawn :zzz:

Would you like some crisps to go with your Bitter?

DanRrr
26-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Another sure sign that this board is dying. A post about whether another team can win the league generates more interest today than our own game last night, in which 6 goals were scored and contained plenty of action at both ends and a controversial penalty against us, (again). Nor was there much to say over our draw against the (current :O )league leaders.

In answer to the OP - if Burnley have more points than any other team in the league at the end of the season, they will win it :P

needle
26-03-2014, 07:06 PM
No,I dont think they will win the League and I bloody well hope they dont.
They will go up thats just about already won.
I also think they have a very good chance of staying up as well.But,they must keep their better players and improve in many areas.
Full backs will both be found out,as will Shackell at centre half.
Dave Jones is no Premier League player,he just about cuts it at this level.
I reckon the keeper is good enough,as is Duff,Marney will make a do of it,as will Ings and Vokes.
So I reckon Burnley need about 5 players to come in and all be in the starting 11 .

AucklandRover
27-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Another sure sign that this board is dying. A post about whether another team can win the league generates more interest today than our own game last night, in which 6 goals were scored and contained plenty of action at both ends and a controversial penalty against us, (again). Nor was there much to say over our draw against the (current :O )league leaders.

In answer to the OP - if Burnley have more points than any other team in the league at the end of the season, they will win it :P

Dan - it's all getting bloody ridiculous!
1) A sloth could make love in the time it takes to connect to each page.
2) We have just about as many Burnley and other non-Rovers threads as we do comments about our own club.
3) Even Rovers fans seem to prefer commenting about Burnley.
4) It seems almost impossible to generate a lengthy discussion about Rovers' games, players and teams.

I must admit I'm thinking of going elsewhere. As you say, we seem to be

AucklandRover
28-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Credit where credit is due: this site has become significantly faster for me in the last two days. Is it the same for everyone?

blueandwhitehalves1
28-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Short answer: Who gives a ****

They get promoted, they get relegated, Dyche leaves, 18 months from now everythings back to normal.

claret1978
28-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Blue: back to normal! This could just be the start of a new era!

yorkyclaret
28-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Short answer: Who gives a ****

They get promoted, they get relegated, Dyche leaves, 18 months from now everythings back to normal.

Except we will have a shed load of money.

seventwo
28-03-2014, 10:48 PM
A small town club, no money, little opportunity.

I'd say that is a club for the whole of football to be proud of. I hope they do win the league.

Howie5o
28-03-2014, 11:09 PM
[quote="seventwo"]A small town club, no money, little opportunity.

I'd say that is a club for the whole of football to be proud of. I hope they do win the league.[/qu

...obviously lost touch ...XD

seventwo
28-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Dislike it as we must but they are superior to Venkys Rovers in every way possible.

Cling on to the past as reality is a disaster.

Howie5o
28-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Dislike it as we must but they are superior to Venkys Rovers in every way possible.

..those that cling onto the past are those that dont attend ..through thick and thin ..COYB!

Rvblue
29-03-2014, 07:59 AM
I dislike the fact I have got to come to terms with the reality of Burnnley's efforts this season.

What it tells all the other clubs though is that with a united team throughout which is professionally run you can achieve success even as a modest size club

Well done to them for being an inspiration to the rest of us much as it hurts to say so.

Howie5o
29-03-2014, 08:29 AM
I dislike the fact I have got to come to terms with the reality of Burnnley's efforts this season.

What it tells all the other clubs though is that with a united team throughout which is professionally run you can achieve success even as a modest size club

Well done to them for being an inspiration to the rest of us much as it hurts to say so.

Go easy RV...XD

(theyve done ok XD )

Despair
30-03-2014, 09:01 PM

IF, they didn't get the responses they are angling for they would simply disappear as 'attention getters' usually do.
This is not to say the more intelligent BFC poster should be put in that category, as long as his/her? Comments are relevant and worthy.

The inane ramblings of the lesser gifted sort are what have reduced the board to what it is today.
I just ignore them. :zzz:

DanRrr
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
I think recent injuries may keep the number down now Despair!

blueandwhitehalves1
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Every way possible? Horse****

They've spent less money, they have a lower wage bill, they get worse crowds, they still (and always will) have a worse ground and they have worse training facilities.

They're superior to Rovers at one thing, on the pitch, for one reason, Dyche is about 1,000 times better at his job than Bowyer.

You're a Burnley fan right? I've always assumed so by the impressive distance your tongue travels up their backside in any threads where they get a mention.

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2014, 06:18 PM

They've spent less money, they have a lower wage bill, they get worse crowds, they still (and always will) have a worse ground and they have worse training facilities.

They're superior to Rovers at one thing, on the pitch, for one reason, Dyche is about 1,000 times better at his job than Bowyer.

You're a Burnley fan right? I've always assumed so by the impressive distance your tongue travels up their backside in any threads where they get a mention.[/quote]

Sven is an ardent Rovers fan,but he is also a realist and understands the situation your club is in re -the Venkys ownership..

champs95
05-04-2014, 06:54 PM

You're a Burnley fan right? I've always assumed so by the impressive distance your tongue travels up their backside in any threads where they get a mention.[/quote]

Sven is an ardent Rovers fan,but he is also a realist and understands the situation your club is in re -the Venkys ownership..[/quote]

Sven is Saxo :D