PDA

View Full Version : All those who left early - Thank You

AlexLeicester
26-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Great: we left the car park faster and quieter than I can remember. Faster - OK - Quieter ... no, morose is a better word.

Disgruntled early leavers also missed a goal from Ellis, which seemed to bobble half-heartedly into the net because Notts weren't that bothered. It was received by the same sort of applause as when the Can**** Cook leaves after 45 years. Polite, restrained and a little bit grateful that it's all over.

That tackle was a red card - but it would not have changed the game.
The ref was wearing the same yellow as the Notts players (!) - it wouldn't have changed the score.
The ref lost control - but if he'd been any better the scoreline would have been the same.
Steve Davis was totally innocent, so WTF was the ref calling him over for?
Neil Baker is not to be messed with when he's got his dander up.
Is there a financial penalty for a side that picks up 6 yellows in a game? There should be, and a big one.

Finally, as LeyPB said, there is a good chance we'll have a leagu

all
26-03-2014, 08:39 AM
The fact remains that with four forwards on the field we could only muster two shots on target in ninety minutes. I cannot remember a display that was so lethargic and lacking in both skill and effort. IMO with that performance we would not have beaten any 2nd Div side and that leaves me worried about next seasons prospects.
Surely the board must consider Davis's position in view of a number of inept displays and his apparent inability to motivate players. Maybe Bakes could take charge until the end of the season, lets face it he could not do worse than Davis could he.

itwasin
26-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Baker to take over Your Joking ! He took over frm Dario once when he was ill, and went something like 17 games without a win.Plus when he has applied for otther Jobs No One wants him, that tells you all.

itwasin
26-03-2014, 09:04 AM
There is a Penalty for a team that keeps losing to a bottom of the league team its called Relegation.Last chance saloon come Saturday.

ChalkDust
26-03-2014, 09:23 AM
[quote="AlexLeicester"]Great: we left the car park faster and quieter than I can remember. Faster - OK - Quieter ... no, morose is a better word.

Disgruntled early leavers also missed a goal from Ellis, which seemed to bobble half-heartedly into the net because Notts weren't that bothered. It was received by the same sort of applause as when the Can**** Cook leaves after 45 years. Polite, restrained and a little bit grateful that it's all over.

That tackle was a red card - but it would not have changed the game.
The ref was wearing the same yellow as the Notts players (!) - it wouldn't have changed the score.
The ref lost control - but if he'd been any better the scoreline would have been the same.
Steve Davis was totally innocent, so WTF was the ref calling him over for?
Neil Baker is not to be messed with when he's got his dander up.
Is there a financial penalty for a side that picks up 6 yellows in a game? There should be, and a big one.

Finally, as Le

cesspitt
26-03-2014, 10:44 AM
This is what we do...today we send ALL the loan players back to their parent clubs...

If we are going down - then we go down with our own players...

I have been to 3 funerals recently - ALL of which had more excitement and passion that our loan players showed last night

DGFG
26-03-2014, 11:25 AM
^ so you want to send Chuks back? Not a smart move, imo.

I'd leave Inman out for a start - at least until he finds some footwear he can stand up in.

The substitutions - particularly the introduction of Waters - were far too late once again.

I don't see how people can be so adamant that the challenge on Tootle was a red on the basis of one viewing in real time, personally thought yellow was about right but I can't be sure.

Ref certainly determined to get himself noticed though, perhaps one of the reasons he wore yellow.

alexbarmy
26-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Baker to take over Your Joking ! He took over frm Dario once when he was ill, and went something like 17 games without a win.Plus when he has applied for otther Jobs No One wants him, that tells you all.

17 games ha ha!

It was 5 - close!

alexmick
26-03-2014, 11:47 AM

17 games ha ha!

It was 5 - close![/quote]

It was indeed five matches, and when Dario returned, the Alex went on a great run that following an away win at Leeds, they were highly placed in 7th position in the Championship. Problem was, we then sold Ashton 6 months too early and our descent was enormous.

alexmick
26-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Miserable evening's entertainment once again. I did not believe that the Alex could replicate another performance like the one serves up against Oldham.

Yes, the ref was awful and Notts. County were guilty of multiple fouls and from where I was sitting on my "fence", they could have had two men sent off. The foul against Uche was horrible. However, that should not serve as a smoke screen, covering up the cracks that are in constant evidence when the Alex play in front of their home fans.

It appears to me that our midfield is just non-existent, with Osman unworthy of a starting place, let alone the captaincy. Poor old Tootle must be given back the armband. Evans is too lightweight and is only a shadow of the man he replaced (Murphy) when he arrived from City.

Poor tactics and team selection from our leader once again. Byron not even on the bench, when his skills and match changing abilities were clearly required. What does he do, he brings on a man wearing short sleeves and gl

AlexLeicester
26-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I've not been a fan of Evans for a while, but his performance was no worse than several others. I also spent much of the game defending Inman (though not as successfully and effectively as the Notts fullback did). I gave up: he was slower and less skilful, and he has been my MotM and star so often.

On Friday I will go and see the Development Squad against the other Nottingham team. Maybe I'll see something to lighten my depressed heart?

DGFG
26-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Enjoy the game,AL - I'm sure you'll be entertained.

However, the scheduling must be driving SD crazy.

League One game Sat, Development fixture Mon, League One game Tues, Development fixture Fri, League One game Sat.

What do you do with Waters - who played Development game Mon and a few mins last night? Leave him out of the game Fri with a view to him playing a bigger part Sat?

What about Ollie Turton? Does he have enough minutes under his belt now to be under consideration for Sat? I would n't be averse to giving him and Grant a go in midfield. George Ray? Is he in the frame for Sat? Are you going to break the news early to the dropped players from last night that some of them have to go and play as over age players for Development Squad on Fri?

The Friday fixture could force Steve to make early decisions about the 18 for Sat.

How thew hell have we ended up in a situation where we have to fulfill two Development fixtures within 5 days?

They're not helping, imo.

itwasin
26-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I thought it a good decision leaving Byron out in the cold he only puts in half a shift when he is on the field,and as far as Subs go look at the last Manager we had He never used them at all until the 89th min,so think your self lucky with SD,More to the point would be Why bring on AJ with his pathetic scoring record ?or is he Priming him to lead the attack in the 2nd Div OMG!

somersetcrewe
26-03-2014, 02:07 PM
This guy clearly wants us to roll back to 1983 with his constant anti-DG comments.
Oh dear!

PAULCAFC
26-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Awful,truly awful, massive game for us and guess what? no bottle for it! abject stuff, with the games we have left as far as i`m concerned we`ve gone, won`t get more than 45 pts IMO now, maybe time to bring Moly from Accy back for the last games because our so called main strikers have`nt done anything all season, yes, all season!!! only Chucks has bothered, a loanee, says it all, PATHETIC!!!

AlsagerCrewie
26-03-2014, 04:25 PM
double posted by accident

AlsagerCrewie
26-03-2014, 04:26 PM
, maybe time to bring Moly from Accy back for the last games because our so called main strikers have`nt done anything all season, yes, all season!!! only Chucks has bothered, a loanee, says it all, PATHETIC!!!

nit-picking i know but oliver puts a shift in whenever he gets a chance. He's been pretty much left out since the red that shouldn't have been v Crawley. Doesn't seem fair.[/quote]