PDA

View Full Version : Quick make him an offer

dosser1
27-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Craig Gordon has said he is fit again and no problems with his knee ,we are struggling between the sticks makes sense to get in early for him surely nothing to loose .Go for it LD and dump the Trawlerman and LH while your at it

Sup3rw3ll
27-03-2014, 01:15 PM
My money for a scottish club to sign him would be rangers over any other.

If we did get him, i would be wary of the knee and the fact it maybe an expensive risk to take on. Unlike an outfield player where there is more room for covering injury, the keep is more exposed.

wellowell
27-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Might be too risky only way i would take him in our financial situation is a pay per game when playing and might not accept that as would be very risky taking him on.

Wellup4it
27-03-2014, 03:53 PM
He's 32 years of age and suffered 2 serious injuries to his arm and knee. If he wants to sign for a Scottish club he'll have to take a considerable cut in wages. I can't think of many Scots clubs who will be prepared to fork out the kind of cash he may be looking for.

dasdeid
27-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Unless acquainted with his medical team or sleeping with his/her secretary how would one know his medical recovery ?
Make him an offer and let HIM decide. Like Andy Goram Fir Park an excellent choice.
One Craig Gordon ... there's only ONE Craig Gordon ;D

sailorhuntersghost
27-03-2014, 09:44 PM
I think this comes into NO BRAINER category sign him

dazlhigh
28-03-2014, 02:19 PM
If CG can be got on a 'pay for play' basis until the end of the season then it would be worth a punt. Defence - stiffener for us through the post-split; 'shop window' for Craig. Looks a good fit.

Sup3rw3ll
28-03-2014, 02:41 PM
why does the team need to go to the expense of a FOURTH (yes, it would be technically a fourth keeper on the books) 'pay as you play' keeper when Gunnar is coming on to a good form. If the team had did their job in the box last time out, it would be two clean sheets in a row!

dosser1
28-03-2014, 05:52 PM
why does the team need to go to the expense of a FOURTH (yes, it would be technically a fourth keeper on the books) 'pay as you play' keeper when Gunnar is coming on to a good form. If the team had did their job in the box last time out, it would be two clean sheets in a row! - view external link (Simple Gunnar isn't up to the task and Hollis is out for the rest of the season ,win win for both parties)

Sup3rw3ll
28-03-2014, 06:19 PM
no, i'm not having that. Gunnar is prone to a badly timed parry, but is still good enough for the remaining 7 games and is coming on to a bit of form.
With the right support (by that i mean hunt down boyd at all costs!), another clean sheet is possible tomorrow. You may forget the calamity of the cup games and the fact the books are finely balanced. So, spending money on a forth keeper is pure luxury.

dosser1
29-03-2014, 11:25 AM
no, i'm not having that. Gunnar is prone to a badly timed parry, but is still good enough for the remaining 7 games and is coming on to a bit of form.
With the right support (by that i mean hunt down boyd at all costs!), another clean sheet is possible tomorrow. You may forget the calamity of the cup games and the fact the books are finely balanced. So, spending money on a forth keeper is pure luxury. - view external link (Not a luxury but a need couldn't make a keeper out of the 2 of them .Get shot of quickly)

Wellup4it
30-03-2014, 11:28 AM
After the last 3 games we need to take stock of our midfield. Something clearly isn't right about the balance, but its only year 1 of a rebuilding programme. Lots of assessments and decisions to be made here.

Can we re-sign Ainsworth? Which of our youngsters can make the step up? Will ZFA make it? Will Stuart Carswell make it? Should we re-sign Keith Lasley as he'll be 35 this year?

Watching Kilmarnock's midfield steamroller us yesterday got me thinking.