PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v United

jwok
27-03-2014, 06:46 PM
We can't lose whatever the result but what would we prefer? I'm tempted to favour nil nil.

ouialpha
27-03-2014, 08:07 PM
would like Aberdeen to win... would rather finish 3rd and hopefully get at least a draw in prelim rounds we have a chance of winning.
Last year I posted how sorry I felt for 'Well fans of today and was hit with a lot of near abuse about how lucky they were watching a team that regularly finished high up the league and qualifying for europe. Well I watched a few games on You Tube recently from the early to mid 90s ...teams that included Bobby Russell, Davie Cooper, Mio, Brian Martin, Tommy Coyne, Dougie Arnott, Paul Lambert, Psycho, etc etc. I stand by my original post...the football todays supporters have to 'endure' is sheer dross in comparison and teams of the current era would not have lived with those teams. Go on You Tube and check if you doubt me...I await the abuse :)
(don't know how I got on to all that...must have been festering ;D

wellin
27-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Totally agree with you regarding those players of that era, the team we have nowadays probably would not live with them in terms of the football on offer. But in terms of league position the young fans of today have got it good. If you go back a few years to relegation battles of the early to mid 80s, now that was dross we had to endure. so from that point of view they have got it easy. I know i still do it, and other fans who can remember that era will always have one eye open just in case the relegation battles sneak up on us again... I think you call that scarred for life. As for the aberdeen v utd game, a draw would suit i think.

Wellup4it
27-03-2014, 11:18 PM
The Cup wining side of 1991 was a good team and did have special qualities but I've seen better. It finished 6th in the SPL. However its almost impossible to compare teams of different eras. Teams these days are fitter and better prepared than they were in years gone by.

bheron
28-03-2014, 09:26 AM
This is true about all the top 12 teams in Scotland. Every one of them are no where near the early 90's counterparts.

wellowell
28-03-2014, 11:27 AM
A draw would do me as both would have lost points

Handsome_Devil
28-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Ideally an Aberdeen win, if not a draw.