PDA

View Full Version : Today its my Birthday

bamowl
29-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Today I am 50 years old (gulp!)
My Dad first took me to Hillsborough when I was 4 years old so I have supported the Owls for 46 years apart from 1 month when my cousin persuaded me to support dirty Leeds during the Don Revie era. Why did I bother and I soon saw the light.
My 22 year old and 19 year old I have passed down the blue and white.
I thought Id share my thoughts with my fellow Wednesdayites.

Best Manager: Probably Big Ron
Worst: Without a doubt Peter Eustace followed by David Pleat.

Favourite players: David Sunley, Brian Prendergast, Andy McCullough, Willie Henderson, Tommy Craig, Hirsty, Roland Nielson, Mick Lyons, Gary Bannister, Varadi, Sheridan, Waddle, Di Canio

Most skilfull: Di Canio followed by Waddle

All time waste of money: Klas Ingersson. Think we paid 800K and he was garbage

Most upsetting match: Semi final of Fa Cup SWFC v Everton. I was sat in Everton end and convinced we were gonna win the Cup. Totally gutted. Followed by semi final V Brighton. Should have w

aussieowl
29-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Happy birthday pal, first, is your username barnowl or bamowl, I know we have both but I can never tell which is which on screen, they both look the same to me.

Second & more important...50 years old, get your prostate checked, I was 50 & boy was that a shock.

Can relate to all your football memories, the two semi final losses seem just like yesterday...I think the Brighton one hurt the most.

And XD ..I know you'll kick yourself that you called Mick, Brian.

Willie Henderson was a joy to watch, the way he got round those fullbacks was class.

Enjoy your party, I hope Carlton Palmer isn't anything like he comes across in the media...let us know..;)

Talking about Don Revie, I met him when he was England manager at the Royal Vic Hotel, an England 11 were playing Wednesday, can't remember why, & he was asking me about Eric Potts...I told him he'd better put two men on him..;)

bamowl
29-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks Aussie. Bam Owl

The Prostate check Ive got that to look forward to when I get back from my hols. My Dad has Prostate cancer and has about 6 months left :(
I just hope when I turn around the Doctors not pulling up his flies.

Yeah Brighton game was horrible but Everton edged it for me.

Yes I am kicking myself. At the time Id had a bottle of red (trying to calm the nerves) and was thinking about Brian Joicey too. He was ok but not a great.

I will report back on Palmer.

How could I forget Eric Potts. Red haired little maestro. Happy days.

blades58
29-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks Aussie. Bam Owl

The Prostate check Ive got that to look forward to when I get back from my hols. My Dad has Prostate cancer and has about 6 months left :(
I just hope when I turn around the Doctors not pulling up his flies.

Yeah Brighton game was horrible but Everton edged it for me.

Yes I am kicking myself. At the time Id had a bottle of red (trying to calm the nerves) and was thinking about Brian Joicey too. He was ok but not a great.

I will report back on Palmer.

How could I forget Eric Potts. Red haired little maestro. Happy days.

Happy birthday Barnowl

Sorry to hear about your Dad

Whereabouts in Rotherham you from out of interest

redgreggie
29-03-2014, 09:58 AM
happy birthday mate

my favourite moments...

the pride I felt when I listened to the F.A. cup final against Everton, I was on a ship in Wellington, New Zealand and my boss, the cook let me have the morning off to listen to it on his radio in his cabin.

followed by being at Wembley with two of my sons to see us beat Manchester United to win the cup.

my biggest disappointment came as a 13/14 year old when I read in the papers I was delivering of the shame of Swann, Kaye and Layne, couldn't believe it.

ray...in Batley.

braggyowl
29-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Happy birthday Bamowl...WAWAW :)