PDA

View Full Version : West Ham fans have never had it so good

JimmyV66
29-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Sam Allardyce: Supporters should realise West Ham are showing top-six form

Sam Allardyce has told West Ham's unhappy supporters they have never had it so good during his time at the club.

Allardyce was astonished to hear his side booed off by a section of the home crowd in midweek despite a 2-1 victory over 10-man Hull City which took them nine points clear of the relegation places.

The manager cupped his ear in response, and an apparently deteriorating relationship with supporters led to renewed speculation he might lose his job in the summer.

But Allardyce has since been publicly backed by the club's vice-chairman Karren Brady, and ahead of Monday's trip to third-bottom Sunderland he insisted a run of five wins in eight games represents "top-six" form.

"It's a small minority, but small minorities are good at voicing their opinion," he said. "It's all born out of frustration because they expected us to win more comfortably.

"Everybody in the cold light of day, when they calme

jon15u
29-03-2014, 03:39 PM
" "At the end of the day, we've had a difficult season. We plan to do better next season in the Premier League once we are safe." "

Hehe, you can read that two ways and i favour " we plan to do better in the premier league nearer the end of next season with 2 games to spare.If we are safe. "

Dont think he has really got the plot though, and it looks like all our griping isnt going to get what we want.

rednekst
29-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Good post Sam...you're entitled to that opinion as we are entitled to ours.

Win on Monday and all will be forgiven I'm sure.O:)

JimmyV66
29-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Nothing will be forgiven on Monday even if we win 4-0.

No coming back from his actions in midweek.

dagenhamJohn
29-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Good post Sam...you're entitled to that opinion as we are entitled to ours.

Win on Monday and all will be forgiven I'm sure.O:)door always swings both ways just a matter of opinion really,

FLAIRON
30-03-2014, 03:08 PM
He gets Manager of the Montha nd then booed. You can perhaps understand his frustration.

WHU
30-03-2014, 03:25 PM
understand his fu(king frustration?

he's one of the best paid managers in THE WORLD playing ancient gash football

try telling a working man struggling to afford to go to games allardyce is frustrated, when you can count the entertaining games on your fingers since he arrived

he and many go on totally about results, conveniently when the results go well

wasn't so results focussed the (unt two months back, more a case of how unlucky we were (which we weren't)

the man should be a politician as he's playing a few supporters like a fu(king fiddle as he gets richer and richer and the football becomes sh1tter and sh1tter

greenwood and lyall weren't just about the results

there lies the fu(king problem

this man's a (unt, they weren't

have a nice day

allardyce out

bonzosbest74
30-03-2014, 03:30 PM
He gets Manager of the Montha nd then booed. You can perhaps understand his frustration.

Bloody hell Flair, nice editing. You had to leave quite a lot on the cutting room floor to make your point there, it was as if nothing happened in between the Award and the boo's.

He was booed because Hull went down to 10 men and his response was to stick everyone in our own half including Andy Carroll for a long periods and invite the opposition on to us. He knows why he was heckled and his attempt at trying to deflect the reason for the jeering from himself and onto the team was crude and transparent.

He deserved the jibes, was completely aware of why they were happening and his surprised expression & hand cupping at the end was premeditated acting.

jon15u
30-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Was the game against Manure better or worse or as bad as the game against Hull?

I would opt for choice 3 which, imo, makes a mockery of his statement about concentrating on getting three points against Hull.

And before any jump in and say well he did, i will point out that it was by fortune rather than anything he had to dish out on the pitch. If G+S fail to notice the fact that the duffer is just winging it then im afraid we are in for a sorry season next term.

JimmyV66
30-03-2014, 03:58 PM

No not really, there is never any excuse for what he did after the Hull game and there is never any excuse for playing protecting every one behind the ball football against 10 men Hull City on your own patch.

Quick example of how poor his tactics were. We had the extra man yet whenever Hull had a corner we had everyone behind the ball. He did not leave a single player up. Very poor tactis at any level of football.

He may of got Manager of the Month award but the booing at the Hull game was born out of frustration for not just that game but his negative style throughout his time here and more so this season.

dagenhamJohn
30-03-2014, 04:03 PM

No not really, there is never any excuse for what he did after the Hull game and there is never any excuse for playing protecting every one behind the ball football against 10 men Hull City on your own patch.

Quick example of how poor his tactics were. We had the extra man yet whenever Hull had a corner we had everyone behind the ball. He did not leave a single player up. Very poor tactis at any level of football.

He may of got Manager of the Month award but the booing at the Hull game was born out of frustration for not just that game but his negative style throughout his time here and more so this season.[/quote]perhaps it also mirrors the quality of our team, devils advocate :)
did he achieve the result? with what he has...

JimmyV66
30-03-2014, 04:06 PM
His squad now. He has had more than ost other WHU managers have had to spend. He has zero excuse for what he is serving up.

Again Dj i asked you this the other day and you did not reply. Is the result and what league we are in the only thing that matters to you?

If yes then i would agree that Sam is the ideal manager for us.

bonzosbest74
30-03-2014, 04:16 PM

He may of got Manager of the Month award but the booing at the Hull game was born out of frustration for not just that game but his negative style throughout his time here and more so this season.[/quote]perhaps it also mirrors the quality of our team, devils advocate :)
did he achieve the result? with what he has...[/quote]

Our team?

jon15u
30-03-2014, 04:18 PM
IAm going to ask an ignorant question now cause i dont know the answer. How many of his fellow players followed him from club to club?

Edit. And good points Bonzo. The only thing you can really say in his defence is the time when our defence was shot up, but thats no excuse for his tactics.

dagenhamJohn
30-03-2014, 04:24 PM

did he achieve th

WHU
31-03-2014, 03:25 PM
hello john

i think that's an easy call if you are not a regular attended or ST holder the '3 points ahead of everything' call

of course fulham or sunderland would take all three points at present playing the worst football on the planet

however, we are a very well funded football club with a manager paid the 13th highest wage on the planet

personally, i'd like us to compete properly with our london rivals again and we should be

how much money has to be pumped in or how many more dozen absolute gash football matches must be played by our club for our supporters to demand a little bit more?

apathy is our main problem at this club and always has been

some people see demanding more or threatening to stay away as they want better, as not being a proper supporter - absolute gash

some of the best supporters of our club are not attending be it cost, sh1t football or a.n.other

keep eating sh1t and they'll keep putting it on the plate

demand more and get a better fu(king chef

you know

dagenhamJohn
31-03-2014, 07:11 PM
hello john

i think that's an easy call if you are not a regular attended or ST holder the '3 points ahead of everything' call

evening Sir, :)

i paid 450 quid to watch 1 game in January, not sure where that puts me in the loyalty and right to comment brigade :)

we can't all have the privilege to watch our team week in and week out thats why some pay a lot more than those privileged!

i reckon on a grand a year for a handfull of games what does a season ticket cost? ;D

yep, my opinion is worthy if not conform...

stay safe now
john :)

daveinoz
02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Classic quote pinched from a Tory Prime Minister when post-war restrictions were easing. The Yanks were partying with rock 'n roll while British people were dancing to Victor Sylvester and the BBC Light programme.

Good metaphor for our club in lots of ways, but it begs the question as to what our restrictions are down to while the lines of Southampton, Swansea et al have gone soaring past us.