PDA

View Full Version : Texting Accidents

MissWinnie
29-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Thread inspired by Oz's latest very funny cartoon. See below.

(I hope you don't mind me posting the link, Oz? Perhaps the mods could remove it if you do?)

I don't think I've had any major mishaps myself. I did get an extremely naughty text from a girl friend which was intended for her new beau (or at least I think it was :D ). Soooo tempted to send a cheeky reply, but resisted, as I didn't want to embarrass her. I'm not sure if she ever realised she sent it to me by mistake though, as neither of us ever mentioned it.

So has anybody got any funny/embarrassing/disastrous text messaging or email stories to share?

yubbywelch
30-03-2014, 07:41 AM
You should never text and drive. ;D

I've had little mishaps with predictive text, but that's all.

ozfan
31-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Thread inspired by Oz's latest very funny cartoon. See below.

(I hope you don't mind me posting the link, Oz? Perhaps the mods could remove it if you do?)

I don't think I've had any major mishaps myself. I did get an extremely naughty text from a girl friend which was intended for her new beau (or at least I think it was :D ). Soooo tempted to send a cheeky reply, but resisted, as I didn't want to embarrass her. I'm not sure if she ever realised she sent it to me by mistake though, as neither of us ever mentioned it.

So has anybody got any funny/embarrassing/disastrous text messaging or email stories to share?

Hi Winnie. I really do appreciate the gesture but probably a little bit spammy considering I sell stuff. :heart:

Wrong send texts can be hilarious or do great damage professionally and personally. I know someone who lost a major project contract not because of a wrong send but the recipient copied and forwarded the

MissWinnie
31-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Really sorry, Oz. I shall send a strongly worded complaint about myself to the mods straight away and ask them to remove the link. :) I only really posted it to explain the thread, and ummed and ahhed about whether I should post the link, as its not my work, and was a bit worried you might find it a bit intrusive/squirmy. Only went with it in the end, as there was a ducky link already up, but probably should have gone with my gut on this one. Sorry again.

Did make me laugh though - just one of those really want to curl up and die moments! Poor guy's better off without her though - very rude to text on a date, me thinks!

Cringed when read about your friend's project. A friend of mine's colleague recently nearly lost her job after accidentally hitting the reply to all button on an email in which she had written something about her boss that was less than flattering. Of course, the boss just had to be on the reply list! Ouch!

Mis sent texts can be quite amusingly revealing about our

stateside
31-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Okay Win. I removed the link. I didn't see the harm in it and have no problem if Oz wants to reload it. We'll let him make the decision though

stateside
31-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Many of you know my old footy team Atomic was co-ed, so gals and guys. I recruited Nikki to the team she was on an under 19 girls team I coached and was now too old

One night Nikki texted the goalie on our team that she couldn't wait to see him and be in his arms in bed that night. The goalie wrote back that it sounded great but he'd have to clear it with his wife. I can only imagine how redfaced she was as she tried to explain she had meant to write her boyfriend.

ozfan
31-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Okay Win. I removed the link. I didn't see the harm in it and have no problem if Oz wants to reload it. We'll let him make the decision though

Hey Win well if the mods don't mind then I don't have an issue at all. Post away :heart:

MissWinnie
02-04-2014, 05:40 AM
Thanks you two. :)

yubbywelch
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Just stop offending people Winnie.