PDA

View Full Version : Byron

alexthe great
29-03-2014, 06:05 PM
More clear now as to why Steve has not been playing him,disinterest written all over him.
I think now is also the time to call time on George Evans, if we have not got one or our own who is better than him then we are in a bad way.
Having said the above we did not deserve to lose today.

alexmick
30-03-2014, 07:41 PM
More clear now as to why Steve has not been playing him,disinterest written all over him.
I think now is also the time to call time on George Evans, if we have not got one or our own who is better than him then we are in a bad way.

Probably ring rusty after spending so long on the side-lines. Very unfortunate to be involved in making the mistake which let them in for the winner. That guy who scored for them is class. 22 goals to his now. You cannot afford to give him an inch.

ALEXKNOWALL
31-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Sorry - cannot agree

Byron has not given us more than 75% in any game this season

He has wanted away for 3 years and its very clear he will achieve his goal this summer

We would be better placed giving his place to anyone who is keen - Waters, Nolan, Turton... or even a 16/17 year old schooled in our way of playing

DGFG
06-04-2014, 10:07 AM

Great pass for the winner yesterday, manager said he did his defensive duties and got us up the pitch by running with the ball.

Some eye witnesses made him man of the match.

Amazes me that people assume his languid style is a sign of disinterest, I would n't mind betting that when he starts the games, he covers more ground than any other player in the team.

I thought he was far more involved in the game than either Inman or Pogba had been when he came on last week - and even his error in giving the ball away for their winner was an honest one in the sense that he was looking to get on the ball from deep and make something happen.

He'll have

alexmick
06-04-2014, 10:13 AM

Great pass for the winner yesterday, manager said he did his defensive duties and got us up the pitch by running with the ball.

Some eye witnesses made him man of the match.

Amazes me that people assume his languid style is a sign of disinterest, I would n't mind betting that when he starts the games, he covers more ground than any other player in the team.

I thought he was far more involved in the game than either Inman or Pogba had been when he came on last week - and even his error in giving the ball away for their winner was an honest one in the sense that he was looking to get on the ball from d

somersetcrewe
06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
I hope he remains with the club and goes on to eclipse Tommy Lowry's appearance record.

Little chance of that I would suspect ... ... unless of course he fails to kick on - like Kenny after his move to Wednesday! But I reckon he will get his move eventually - even if it is only to the Vale!! (did I read somewhere his family are Vale fans?)

Some players just seem to suit us though, (like Kenny), and no-one else. I do wonder if Byron falls into that category, especially with the apparent lack of interest elsewhere in the last couple of Summers - and that despite his very public desire to leave!

And I don't blame him that desire. Like Shaun Miller, there comes a time to move on. I mean, how many seasons have we got out of Byron now? Quite a few!

No, he'll get my full backing while he's with us. Languid, yes, but a number of wingers in many teams have been like that. Just their style!

And yes, he was our best attacker yesterday, w

AstonAlex
06-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Byron has indeed been a good servant to the Alex for more years than looked likely at one stage. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that, ironically given his blunder against Coventry, he is one of the best wingers we have had at not giving the ball away; this has come in very handy towards the end of matches when we're hanging on for the point(s) - give it to Byron, he won't go anywhere with it but he will either draw a cheap free kick or hold on until his full back arrives.

He can play either left or right side, although I think his attempts down the middle only show that he isn't the most confident finisher in the world. Frustrating? Yes at times. Reliable? Mainly, yes. And let's not forget that during the first third of the season the only two candidates for MotM time and again were Toots and Byron - he was the only threat at that time.

ALEXKNOWALL
07-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I guess different opinions make football what it is? I agree Byron has been quite consistent and contributed when we were really struggling. I also think (because we have seen it over the years) that he could be a really good established championship player if he gave it 100%. Byron turns inside and gives the safe pass too often for a man who could tear most League 1 full backs apart if he chose to. He never shirks his defensive job running back to cover but he will never get injured tackling I think???

Crewe313
07-04-2014, 08:59 AM
His biggest problem has been consistency. Never done it often enough for long periods. He does suffer what ashton suffers which is he has poor body language but I don't think he can help this.

Saying that, with our run in, we need genuine game changers and players that can offer that little bit of magic. He is one of a very few in our team that can do that.

I would have him in the team instead of Pogba for the run in and bring back inman to the line up, who again can create something from nothing.

alexmick
07-04-2014, 09:57 AM
His biggest problem has been consistency. Never done it often enough for long periods. He does suffer what ashton suffers which is he has poor body language but I don't think he can help this.

Saying that, with our run in, we need genuine game changers and players that can offer that little bit of magic. He is one of a very few in our team that can do that.

I would have him in the team instead of Pogba for the run in and bring back inman to the line up, who again can create something from nothing.

Moore has to play against the Wolves. Yes, Pogba is an enigma at present and I cannot really see him as a winger to be honest. Luckily, Pogs was on the field on Saturday to set Uche up with his goal, but since his injury, the lad has struggled. I would be tempted to leave him on the bench, bringing him on as an impact attacker in the second half. Ball control lets him down all too often... and this skill really should be tea drinkin

AstonAlex
07-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Pogs has really suffered as a result of his pre-season injury. I know he has been in and out of the first team this calendar year, but he clearly isn't match tight and has only played to his own level once or twice. He was a slow starter last season if memory serves, but you can't knock his commitment and effort and we really missed that before Christmas.

I agree that Byron and Brad have to start against Wolves, pace on one wing, trickery on the other and that we should get more space to play than the last few fixtures. Having said that, Jackett teams seldom let you settle on the ball . . .

DGFG
03-05-2014, 07:36 PM
cometh the hour,cometh the man...

Outstanding today, popped up all over the field, skill and work rate in equal measure, covered every blade of grass and if he decided to quit football early he could give Mo Farah a run for his money.

Been decent since he got back into the side though I'm not entirely sure how Mesca/Park kept him out in the first place.

Please, Mr. Davis, stop loaning dross,untried wingers from the Premier League/Championship and offer Byron a new contract, I don't think we have any other players who can run 60 yards with the ball?

Always shows in the big games, not bad for a bloke who has supposedly had his bags packed for 3 years.

Dobbo65
03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
cometh the hour,cometh the man...

Outstanding today, popped up all over the field, skill and work rate in equal measure, covered every blade of grass and if he decided to quit football early he could give Mo Farah a run for his money.

Been decent since he got back into the side though I'm not entirely sure how Mesca/Park kept him out in the first place.

Please, Mr. Davis, stop loaning dross,untried wingers from the Premier League/Championship and offer Byron a new contract, I don't think we have any other players who can run 60 yards with the ball?

Always shows in the big games, not bad for a bloke who has supposedly had his bags packed for 3 years.

Totally agree. Byron was a good shout for MotM today. He won every header when he wanted it, plus was a threat when going forward.

I suspect he will walk, but overall he's been a great CAFC servant. #Hero.

Timon
03-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Byron was great today. Wish him well with whatever he chooses to do next season.

somersetcrewe
04-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Byron was great today. Wish him well with whatever he chooses to do next season.

Echoed!

OgerAlex
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Byron played really well v Preston, he is perhaps the most frustrating player we've had over the past few years though - easily has the ability to play at championship level if he wanted.
On his day he has that 'wow' factor. Hope he stays as if we could get a consistant season out of him we'd be a fair force with him and coco down the wings

Alexram87
06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Byron has been a great servant for the club although he hasnt always wanted to be here. Must be quite high up on the list of total appearances for the club.

Good luck at your future club if you do leave.

Snapey_CAFC
06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Byron has been a great servant for the club although he hasnt always wanted to be here. Must be quite high up on the list of total appearances for the club.

Good luck at your future club if you do leave.

He's about 32nd(?) according to this list, with 211 appearances since 2007 - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crewe_Alexandra_F.C._players)