PDA

View Full Version : Another kick in the nuts

maroonie
29-03-2014, 06:50 PM
After a spirited display against the champions it was gutting to see the Fifers had won at our fermer neighbours. The gap between us and our rivals is beginning to look unsurmountable. If we had played with the spirit displayed today against the other part timers, then it could have been a different story. It is still mathematically possible to stay up and as long as the possibility remains we have to hope. I reckon we will need 3 wins in our next 3 matches away to Stenny and Forfar and home to the Raer to give ourselves any chance. C'mon lichties.

ClashCityRocker
29-03-2014, 06:59 PM
BBC Scotland match report on link below.

Thought Sheerin was Man of the Match.

Today's match summaries Arbroath's season in many ways - playing really good football but just not getting the breaks , seems ridiculous that a team playing as well as Arbroath are at the foot of the table.

Think we need to win at least 3, probably 4 of our remaining 5 matches to avoid automatic relegation. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26694943)

ectolichtie
29-03-2014, 07:32 PM
They were terrific today, they were quick rigid, stuck to their tasks and were good with the ball and made good decisions but no luck whatsoever, but Rangers are poor, Dundee United should have no problem dealing with them in the Cup Semi

smokie_bacon_crisps
29-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Another tough one to take. I thought we played really well today. The line up was surprising as it was mentioned Johnny Lindsay was heading off to Stirling ALbion on loan but I thought he and the rest of his team mates played really well.

Like Ecto said the boys kept concentration, kept hustling and worked as a team. The formation worked well and McManus never let their defenders have a minute's rest and chased everything.

The ball was so close to being squeezed in the dying moments, but it wasn't to be.

Games are quickly running out, but it's not over until it's over!

timlichtie
30-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I thought the Gaffer had a great game but McManus was my MOM. He was full of energy and skill yesterday.

Lindsay did pretty well after a nervous start. I'm surprised that we haven't seen more of him this season.

Last week we played a lot of long balls to the doc and it didn't suit our style of play. Yesterday was much more like the PS pattern and we were unlucky to lose.

glasgowlichtie
30-03-2014, 08:56 AM
No point upping our game and tempo when its just against the big boys.

We have been quite unlucky overall though, this season.

football merchandise (http://www.footballmerchdirect.com)

Mr_Refhater
30-03-2014, 03:35 PM
My nuts are maroon coloured the amount of times this has happened this season!

The boys performed admirably yesterday. They deserved better than a 2-1 defeat! Although, I must add, the defending for the second was calamitous. Match referee Euan Anderson was absolutely the pants. But hey, that's nothing new where Scottish officials are concerned!

Even though mathematically it's not over for us, we still look doomed for life in League 2. My personal impression yesterday was that there remains a strong, often vocal support, for Paul Sheerin. Given this and recent stories from supporters in the stands it looks likely the board will back Sheerin for another campaign.

Looks likely I'll not be back at Gayfield or elsewhere around the Scottish football globe with the Lichties, anytime in the near future...disappointing, very disappointing. Still I will remain an Arbroath fan. Always.

smokie_bacon_crisps
30-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Mr_Refhater - I'd like to think we're friends. We Talk every match, join in about how awful the referee is etc, etc.

I've not been supporting the Lichties as long as many supporters but from the early 90's and I've been lucky enough to see some fantastic games, goals and results, but like with any football team I've also been witness to some just awful games, defending and tactics. That is what you get when you get into football.

The worst for me was probably the very last day of the season in 1996-1997 when we were defeated and it meant we finished at the very bottom of the league and there were only a handful of Lichties there to watch this sad day.

Yes, there are very much two camps of support at the moment, but surely not going back is very much like being back at school and the kid who owns the ball doesn't like a result and heads home with his ball.

The simple fact of football and life is you have ups and downs. You just have to hold on and enjoy the ride!

Smokies and W

maroonie
30-03-2014, 05:26 PM

The boys performed admirably yesterday. They deserved better than a 2-1 defeat! Although, I must add, the defending for the second was calamitous. Match referee Euan Anderson was absolutely the pants. But hey, that's nothing new where Scottish officials are concerned!

Even though mathematically it's not over for us, we still look doomed for life in League 2. My personal impression yesterday was that there remains a strong, often vocal support, for Paul Sheerin. Given this and recent stories from supporters in the stands it looks likely the board will back Sheerin for another campaign.

Looks likely I'll not be back at Gayfield or elsewhere around the Scottish football globe with the Lichties, anytime in the near future...disappointing, very disappointing. Still I will remain an Arbroath fan. Always.
Disappointed at your stance regarding going to mat

ectolichtie
30-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Disa

Mr_Refhater
01-04-2014, 01:10 AM
fed up of him behaving like a spoilt child, repeating the same garbage over and over again

Just when I was thinking of throwing my season ticket on the pitch, after the last home game too! ;D

Garbage? I know I can be a negative b***er at times, but I don't believe it to be garbage. So I've ruffled someone's feathers then!

Mr_Refhater
01-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Mr_Refhater - I'd like to think we're friends. We Talk every match

Likewise SBC.

Just bloody gutted at the moment.

SassenachSteve10
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM
We are all bloody gutted and no-one seems to be doing anything about it. Like people who go on strike its to make a stand and get those in charge to do something.

timlichtie
01-04-2014, 11:47 AM
We are all bloody gutted and no-one seems to be doing anything about it. Like people who go on strike its to make a stand and get those in charge to do something.

There is something we can do about it. Get behind the Board, management and players who have all tried to get it right this season. Mistakes have been made and we haven't had the breaks, but I think we will see a turn round soon.

C'mon the Lichties!

maroonie
01-04-2014, 05:46 PM

There is something we can do about it. Get behind the Board, management and players who have all 5tried to get it right this season. Mistakes have been made and we haven't had the breaks, but I think we will see a turn round soon.

C'mon the Lichties![/quote]
Well said Tim. Now is when the real supporters get behind their club and back them to the end, whatever that may be. C'mon lichties

davedinburgh
02-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Naw mate you have no ruffled any feathers I am just very dissapointed in your stance

We are like a wee army all for one and one for all

But if you dont want to come back that is your decision walk away you might feel diffrent come the new season have to agree its been painful

Another masochist will fill your spot on the battlefield of that i have no doubt

I am as sad as the next guy as to what might happen Its a pride thing to quote Big Arnie

I ll be back