PDA

View Full Version : Not our usual self at Horwich

jocklatic
30-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Great build up to the game with a fundraising walk to the Reebok on a lovely spring day. Sadly tho from kick off we didn't play our usual style of quick passing on the deck. With a huge back 4 for noblot we persisted in playing the high balls where they were favourites most of the time. Very frustrating to watch when had we played it on the deck then i think we would have had a comfortable win. With that said i thought we did very well to nick a point & rather unlucky not to get all 3 points. Unlucky for Jordi yet again from the penalty spot with another well taken penalty & good save.
Still in the play offs which is what matters most :D :D

boyceeeunderrated
30-03-2014, 12:09 PM
powell should of took the penny imo
Great build up to the game with a fundraising walk to the Reebok on a lovely spring day. Sadly tho from kick off we didn't play our usual style of quick passing on the deck. With a huge back 4 for noblot we persisted in playing the high balls where they were favourites most of the time. Very frustrating to watch when had we played it on the deck then i think we would have had a comfortable win. With that said i thought we did very well to nick a point & rather unlucky not to get all 3 points. Unlucky for Jordi yet again from the penalty spot with another well taken penalty & good save.
Still in the play offs which is what matters most :D :D

kapster
30-03-2014, 12:55 PM
So close to taking all three points, but it would, admittedly be a 'Mr R Turpin' scenario, i.e. daylight robbery from a Bolton perspective.

Don't think I can remember Jordi failing with two consecutive penalties before - they weren't bad attempts, but a bit more venom would have kept them out of the goalies reach I think!

Captain_Methven
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Just hope we haven't hit a bad patch with some big games coming up, hopefully throw in a few play off games and maybe another couple of trips to The New Springfield Park ;)