PDA

View Full Version : At least we looked like a team for a change

lukcour
30-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Oh what a surprise. For once not sitting there bored out of my tiny head. Since the Vale game first time we have played like a team. Was this a first in our home games this season? Goodness me did SD and NB get out of bed on the right side for once.

We played like a team. We passed the ball throughout the whole of the pitch. The players were keen. You could see they were enjoying themselves. The supporters got behind the team and got caught up in the excitement. Was this a first of the season?

Was the way we were playing an accident or for once had the management got their tactics right? With these sort of tactics and enthusiasm we can still avoid relegation. Let us hope so. As MikeSB said in another thread we should not be in this position.

We certainly did not deserve to lose today. Unfortunately both goals conceded came from schoolboy errors. Just hope the loss has not got the players down too much.

More of the same please lads.

alexmick
30-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Brilliant second half performance from the lads, which kept both myself and the wife on the edge of our seats for a change. It was exciting and how we lost that one, I will never know. The ball just would not go into their net. The only way we could score, was fittingly, from an own goal. Look at these stats:

Crewe Possession 58% as opposed to 42%
Crewe shots 18 against 8
Crewe corners 16 against 3
Crewe fouls 9 against 19
Crewe bookings 0...Coventry bookings 7

I thought that Davis almost got the tactics correct yesterday, although he was too late introducing Waters (in injury time) and Inman was not at the races once again yesterday and should have been replaced at half-time. Nice to see Ellis making a fist of it as centre forward at the death. For once, I was in complete agreement with the MOTM award. Grant was outstanding. Uchy had a very good game too and was definitely fouled in the box in the first half...a penalty decision not given. With his powerful running he was c

ALEXKNOWALL
30-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I thought Ellis gave it a real go when thrown forward.

Completely baffled as to why a centre forward sat on his a*** on the subs bench whilst we did this? Was it a punishment for saving the game last time he came on?????

I am pretty much an SD fan but his decisions (or lack of them) make it hard sometimes

I know its a tough time but I have seen enough of George Evans - lets give our own a go!!!!

alexmick
30-03-2014, 05:35 PM

Completely baffled as to why a centre forward sat on his a*** on the subs bench whilst we did this? Was it a punishment for saving the game last time he came on?????

I am pretty much an SD fan but his decisions (or lack of them) make it hard sometimes

I know its a tough time but I have seen enough of George Evans - lets give our own a go!!!!

It was odd that Oliver did not get an opportunity to salvage something from that game. I agree, Evans is just not good enough at this level, plus he is too lightweight for my liking. Trouble is, who else have we got, because Osman is not the player he was last season (because there is no Murphy to guide him through).

scottie4960
30-03-2014, 06:02 PM

It was odd that Oliver did not get an opportunity to salvage something from that game. I agree, Evans is just not good enough at this level, plus he is too lightweight for my liking. Trouble is, who else have we got, because Osman is not the player he was last season (because there is no Murphy to guide him through).[/quote]

AlexLeicester
30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
After a bright start Evans has drifted away from the team ethos.
Yesterday I would have taken Pogs off, as he is still not up to the standard; moved Inman inside; and brought Moore on earlier, or, preferably, used that little human dynamo Waters on the wing.

I felt very sorry for Moore. He made a mistake, as does everybody, but this time it was severely punished.

Teams must really look forward to facing the Alex: AŁ25k fine for Notts for 6 yellows; and AŁ25k fine for Cov for 7 yellows!

scottie4960
30-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Yesterday I would have taken Pogs off, as he is still not up to the standard; moved Inman inside; and brought Moore on earlier, or, preferably, used that little human dynamo Waters on the wing.

I felt very sorry for Moore. He made a mistake, as does everybody, but this time it was severely punished.

Teams must really look forward to facing the Alex: Ai25k fine for Notts for 6 yellows; and Ai25k fine for Cov for 7 yellows!

Inman to the middle , which is where he played his best for Crewe and Newcastle and put Waters left wing :)

alexmick
30-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Teams must really look forward to facing the Alex: Ai25k fine for Notts for 6 yellows; and Ai25k fine for Cov for 7 yellows!

Inman to the middle , which is where he played his best for Crewe and Newcastle and put Waters left wing :)[/quote]

Perhaps that is the solution for the remaining 6 matches. Leave Evans out and have Inman bombing from the middle. He certainly has lost his way on the wing and Pogba seems to be struggling to regain his form following his lengthy lay-off. I would give Byron a chance out on t

PAULCAFC
30-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Cold comfort, 2 wins in last 8 games relegation stuff, not good enough, Bristol have pulled clear and now Notts Co are doing the same, we are a poor outfit and it was summed up last night when the FL show said we have English football's
worst defence!

NewtoCrewe
31-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I also think it is time for Waters on the left, Evans should be only used as squad player from now on, if you're going to loose the ball that many times in midfield you might as well be attacking.
Inman is not coping with being constantly marked on the left as he is a right footed central midfielder playing out of position, never mind the fact that 90% of the play is to the right.
At least he will bring other players into the game.
Byron''s lacking confidence but still can play a part on the right.
Uche is due so has to remain up front with Chuks.
I believe will come down to the Preston game,if does I definately won't have any hair by then.