PDA

View Full Version : Saints financials 2012/2013

PapaLazarou
31-03-2014, 08:09 AM
[quote=SFC OS]Full year as a member of the Barclays Premier League

Total revenue increased 213% to 71.8m (2012: 22.9m) with average league attendances up from 26,427 to 30,807

Broadcasting income grew from 5.6m in 2011/12 to 46.9m in 2012/13

Matchday income of 11.8m in 2011/12 has risen to 16.9m in 2012/13

Commercial income increased from 4.8m in 2011/12 to 6.7m in 2012/13

Profit before player trading increased to 8.7m but with an overall net loss of 7.1m. Player trading included a one-off exceptional cost of a 2.1m impairment charge to write off the carrying value of certain players

The loss before interest and tax has reduced to 6.6m (2012: 11.9m loss)

Club wage to turnover ratio reduced to 65% (2012:102% after the removal of exceptional bonuses)

Total group wages, including player wages, increased to 47.1m in 2013 from 28.7m in 2012

At 30 June 2013 (balance sheet date) there were 21m of committed transfer fees still to be paid and since this date a further 27m of player tra

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 08:34 AM
For a man of your mature age Papa, you should try not to be so petty. I'll rise above and reply on your thread.

Where are you hoping to increase your commercial revenue from? A club with precious little trophy winning history is unlikely to suddenly find itself more fans just because it's in the Prem.

And one of the bi-products of so much English 'talent' is that foreign fans will have no interest in you whatsoever.

I find the commercial figures about right and don't see where it will change.

I find the Training Ground figures utterly hilarious and the transfer non-payments disgusting.

Lets face it, this season will be as good as it gets for you. The belt will be tightened and the best of your talent let go to pay for the training ground.

30 million (at least) for a Training ground!!!! XD XD XD XD

Dirtyweasel
31-03-2014, 09:21 AM
The TV rights money alone for the 2013/14 season will make outstanding debt look like petty cash, and I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ridicule the investment of a AŁ30m training facility? The mind boggles :?

Grannie64
31-03-2014, 09:26 AM
For a man of your mature age Papa, you should try not to be so petty. I'll rise above and reply on your thread.

Where are you hoping to increase your commercial revenue from? A club with precious little trophy winning history is unlikely to suddenly find itself more fans just because it's in the Prem.

And one of the bi-products of so much English 'talent' is that foreign fans will have no interest in you whatsoever.

I find the commercial figures about right and don't see where it will change.

I find the Training Ground figures utterly hilarious and the transfer non-payments disgusting.

Lets face it, this season will be as good as it gets for you. The belt will be tightened and the best of your talent let go to pay for the training ground.

30 million (at least) for a Training ground!!!! XD XD XD XD

First class training facilities do cost money, but then your lot don't own one. Prize money and TV money will help there. Wh

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 09:52 AM
The TV rights money alone for the 2013/14 season will make outstanding debt look like petty cash, and I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ridicule the investment of a Ai30m training facility? The mind boggles :?

Paying double the odds for anything is always worth ridiculing I'd have thought. How has this budget got so out of control? Why on earth do you need a 30 million training ground? I bet the big boys haven't spent that much. You're being taken for a ride somewhere.

I really hope this isn't as good as it gets for you, an 8th place isn't that much to shout about. XD XD XD

Dirtyweasel
31-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Having absolutely nothing to show from TV money should be justifiably ridiculed, not so sure a state of the art training facility attracts the same level of derision?

Each to their own I guess, and nice to see Al Jazeera are rumoured to be lining up a substantial increase to the current TV deal which expires in 2016.

How this will effect L2 or Skrill teams I don't yet know - but I could guess XD XD

Grannie64
31-03-2014, 10:22 AM
The TV rights money alone for the 2013/14 season will make outstanding debt look like petty cash, and I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ridicule the investment of a Ai30m training facility? The mind boggles :?

Paying double the odds for anything is always worth ridiculing I'd have thought. How has this budget got so out of control? Why on earth do you need a 30 million training ground? I bet the big boys haven't spent that much. You're being taken for a ride somewhere.

I really hope this isn't as good as it gets for you, an 8th place isn't that much to shout about. XD XD XD[/quote]

So in your short stay in the Premiership your highest finish was 8th which took you 5 years at an expenditure that pushed you into administration with no training facilities to call your own and a dilapidated stadium. I know were I would rather be. Money being spent on first class training fa

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 10:24 AM
I wonder where you would be if Cortese had hung about? Wages at 102% of turnover? Ridiculous fees spent on Ramirez and Osvaldo. It's a shame he didn't hang about, no doubt he'd have broken you good and proper in another couple of years.

Selling players to fund an overpriced training ground is probably not the news Potty wanted to hear. I bet he can't get back to Spain quick enough.

Condolence book alert... XD XD XD

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM
So in your short stay in the Premiership your highest finish was 8th which took you 5 years at an expenditure that pushed you into administration with no training facilities to call your own and a dilapidated stadium. I know were I would rather be. Money being spent on first class training facilities and a future that is bright.

Well there were 5 Wembley appearances, an FA Cup and a fun jaunt into Europe too.

30 million for training facilities? You can justify that spend? Even when you owe over 20 million in transfer fees? Big boys sniffing round Lovren, Lallana and Shaw. Lambert on the way out. The future is not bright at all really.

Dirtyweasel
31-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Hofstetter is quoted in the article as saying MP need not sell any player he doesn't want to. I'm not getting the vibes that were about to have a mass clear out to balance the books. The TV money will do that nicely on its own thanks.

Your clutching at straws is at an unusually high level this morning jism? I'm hoping it's the euphoria that's sweeping through po**ey following your smashing of the South Wales giants on Saturday. It's always the hope that gets you XD

PapaLazarou
31-03-2014, 10:39 AM
The TV rights money alone for the 2013/14 season will make outstanding debt look like petty cash...

Quite - an 8th place this season should see an increase in TV revenue of about 35m when compared to last season..

..and I can't begin to imagine why anyone would ridicule the investment of a 30m training facility?

The prospect of improving that which we've already got is a little painful for some to bear..

Brockley_Jack
31-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Pffft. Not sure whether to call that poor fishing or ignorance from you, Chism. I'll go with both.

These figures are with effect from last summer. Let's see what the figures say when the next set of financials are prepared. Considering Osvaldo and probably Gaston will collectively go for what was outlaid, Shaw will go for around A?30m, there will be considerable telly revenue, extended commercial opportunities, etc. Surely you can count, or do I need to spell it out for you?

What we're have in front of us are mid-term results from a carefully constructed business plan formulated against conservative revenue streams over a set period of years. Like Papa said, I thought they would be larger at July 2013 stage, but there you go.

Why don't you just piss off back to your marketing department and leave the figures to those who understand them?

Grannie64
31-03-2014, 11:01 AM
So in your short stay in the Premiership your highest finish was 8th which took you 5 years at an expenditure that pushed you into administration with no training facilities to call your own and a dilapidated stadium. I know were I would rather be. Money being spent on first class training facilities and a future that is bright.

Well there were 5 Wembley appearances, an FA Cup and a fun jaunt into Europe too.

30 million for training facilities? You can justify that spend? Even when you owe over 20 million in transfer fees? Big boys sniffing round Lovren, Lallana and Shaw. Lambert on the way out. The future is not bright at all really.[/quote]

We were talking Premiership standing, but let's hang onto the 3 wins from five and 2 wins out of 6 in the Europa League, and the fastest drop to obscurity in the history of the league. Hopefully it will give you succor for the next few yea

Pentridge
31-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Where are you hoping to increase your commercial revenue from?

Corporate entertainment for one thing. Under NC our facilities have been severely underused. By all accounts, uptake on hospitality has been on the up in the last few games.
I'd imagine that we'll try to attract a more high profile main sponsor as well as more secondary sponsors.

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Considering Osvaldo and probably Gaston will collectively go for what was outlaid,

You question my financial analysis and then you make a statement like that???? XD XD XD

I assumed with a statement like that Osvaldo must be smashing them in for Juve. But he's got 0 goals from 5 league appearances.

Good luck getting that 30 million back you spent on them!! XD XD

PapaLazarou
31-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Corporate entertainment for one thing. Under NC our facilities have been severely underused. By all accounts, uptake on hospitality has been on the up in the last few games.

Couldn't see all of the boxes during the Newcastle game, but those I could see were being used - haven't seen that for a long while.

And there's also the newly created 'President's Suite' which is now providing corporate entertainment alongside all of the other suites, lounges and bars..

Certainly a criticism aimed at NC was that the SFC corporate packages were pricing themselves out of the market and that business was being lost to semi-corporate deals offered by the Grand Cafe and others. From what I've seen and heard, the club have been very quick to address that and seem to have be clawing back business at a rate of knots..

Grannie64
31-03-2014, 12:18 PM
And this tweet from Adam Blackmore well worth a read...

Top quote from #saintsfc director Hans Hofstetter worth supporters attention: "Every fan is aware this club had the full support of her father & I can assure everybody this club will have the full support of Katharina, there's no doubt about it"
2014-03-31

Enough said.

chiswickmart
31-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Just realised that the figures don't even include the sums paid out for Wanyama, Lovren and Osvaldo!!

Half decent article on the UI (which Papa has certainly nicked bits from). At least it's accepted there that the dreams of being a top 4 side XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD are now a long long way off!!

Time to tighten your belts chaps.

#notrophies

Dirtyweasel
31-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Just realised that the figures don't even include the sums paid out for Wanyama, Lovren and Osvaldo!!

Very good point. They also don't include the TV money for the 2013/14 season :?

If the club are going to release information on our accounts for 2012/13, they should at the very least include the financials for the following year. Perhaps this would make the gloating ( :? ) skate visitors to this site look even more stupid.

If we were midgets with chips on our shoulders, we'd be calling you our bitch right about now XD

PapaLazarou
31-03-2014, 06:02 PM
They also don't include the TV money for the 2013/14 season :?

Also worth noting that it's common practice for transfer fees between clubs to be paid over part or all of the duration of a player's contract. With some significant recent purchases, the fact that the balance books show an ongoing transfer debt is entirely as expected.

Makes me wonder whether Hofstetter's 'tricky financial situation' comments were actually a slightly unnecessary dig at Cortese and his previous handling of affairs..

Overall, the consensus is that the club is in a very healthy position, albeit that we might not be seeing any 20m signings in the near future - all the more reason for continued development and improvement of the [already excellent] Academy facilities, then.. B)

Pentridge
31-03-2014, 06:07 PM
That's just what I was going to post about the transfer situation Paps, I thought everyone knew that.

Either beaky is a thick **** or his 'fishing' trips are getting even more desperate.

If he was such an avid reader of the UI site then I reckon he'd realise that the general consensus is that the reference to a tricky financial situation is very much a dig at NC.

Thick edit.

chiswickmart
01-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Pents - I'm fully aware that these are unsubtle digs at NC, however, until this report came out, none of you were aware how bad NC's overspending was and what kind of peril he was threatening to place you under. Turns out he wasn't the Messiah...

Whilst it's good to see Ms Liebherr taking the correct actions, you have to question whether she's in it for the long term. Some might wonder whether she's sorting out the finances to make it easier to sell...probably stripping a few assets first too.

Brockley_Jack
01-04-2014, 08:19 AM
So stripping a few assets would give her a better return on investment would it, assuming she is preparing to sell? How do you figure that one out? I'm all ears!

Jealousy is a bad thing Chism. Its making you come across as really stupid.

chiswickmart
01-04-2014, 08:40 AM
I do wonder how you survive in business Jack.

You have debt hanging over you from unpaid transfers and that ridiculous training ground. Not an attractive buy with that lingering. But easily sorted out by Luke and Adam.

In the grand scheme of things, players are not major assets in the sale of football clubs, but you are lucky that infrastructure and league position is.

RICKYwillTAKEusUP
01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
I do wonder how you survive in business Jack.

You have debt hanging over you from unpaid transfers and that ridiculous training ground. Not an attractive buy with that lingering. But easily sorted out by Luke and Adam.

In the grand scheme of things, players are not major assets in the sale of football clubs, but you are lucky that infrastructure and league position is.

You'd have to say though that especially a player like Luke Shaw, who may have the potential to rack up 100 England caps, will most likely be worth double the AŁ25mill he's touted for at the moment, in a few years. At the end of the day, you're either selling to clear a modest debt, or keeping players who will become far more valuable. I know which I'd rather, and which an owner would rather, even if like KL they are not looking to sell!

chiswickmart
01-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Do you really see Luke Shaw's value getting that much higher? Everyone can see his potential and his current value will reflect that. He's also a left back so is never likely to go much beyond the 30m threshold.

And what if he broke his leg in Sept playing for your lot? What's his value then? We all know he'll go in the summer no matter what gets said. The latest financial news just confirms the fact there will be no more big money signings. So if he wants to challenge for trophies, he'll go back to the team he supports.

ozsaint1976
01-04-2014, 10:13 AM

Paying double the odds for anything is always worth ridiculing I'd have thought. How has this budget got so out of control? Why on earth do you need a 30 million training ground? I bet thenbig boys haven't spent that much. You're being taken for a ride somewhere.

I really hope this isn't as good as it gets for you, an 8th place isn't that much to shout about. XD XD XD[/quote]

30 Mil???? nothing, all we need to do is produce another Luke or Adam and training ground paid for, happy days pompey dickhead O:)