PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Excuses

thnhouse
31-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Wasn't going to write this but then the articles on the website have made me angry, wether before I was just despondant.

Steve the problem on Saturday wasn't a gutless linesman or a good finsisher for them, the problem was the players that you've brought in and the style you've got them playing.

We've shipped more goals this season than any other team and yet loaned in 2 strikers and 4 midfielders to go with the 3 extra midfielders you bought in the summer. Out of all of these its only Grant , Aneke and Inman that have made a difference (and maybe briefly Hitchcock). 3 out of 9.

More importantly these have all been at the cost of our youngsters, but the big difference is at the moment we're going down with a team of loanees when if we'd played the youth we'd have had a team of youngsters who may have progressed enough to take us back up.

Basically cut the excuses and remember what makes the Alex stand out. Stop loaning in players to bang it up to.

PAULCAFC
31-03-2014, 03:54 PM
And when the loanees have left us and we begin our L2 campaign next season the irony is that Molyneux, Oliver etc will be good enough for that league!

alexmick
31-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I know that they are excuses, but I reckon Steve Davis has a point when he refers to the referee / linesman concerning the penalty that was never given. He said that the officials have to be "brave and bold and give the decision". It really was plain to all who watched that game, that Uche was clearly fouled as he ran into the penalty area, almost losing his shirt in the process. This is just plain unfair, not only for the team, but also for the spectators who pay good money to see a game of football, not a wrestling match.

It is not an excuse for losing the game, but it is a fact, that the Alex could have perhaps scored a ***** penalty at a crucial point in the match. The referee certainly did let the good of football down with this particular incident. Mind you, they all seem to be doing that all the time nowadays.

Footnote: Allowing players to "cheat" is morally wrong. Steve Davis will be as sick as the rest of us over this incident.

MikeSB
31-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I think the standard of refereeing is abominable across most of football now and where was the linesman in that incident with Usche? Look at that incident with Arsenal was it where the Ref sent off the wrong player and even when he was told, he didn't reverse the decision. And what is worse is that all these incidents should be result in the Officials getting a suspension just like the players do and so they have to miss say 3 games for missing the obvious like with Usche. Maybe then they will get the message?

Having said all that, SD has to take FULL responsibility for the worst goals against in the whole football league and that was obvious before Christmas and he messed about with other positions instead of sorting that out.

Anywhere else, Steve would have been sacked and make no mistake and he knows it. Its bloody daft that we have just banked millions and have to rely on the loan market and even then he gets in the wrong players mostly. I mean doesn't he do his homework on the