PDA

View Full Version : England World Cup 2014 Shirt A?90

terrya1965
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
WTF..90 QUID..Are they joking?This is not an April`s Fool joke..Do they want to sell England shirts or not?The FA and Nike have a lot to answer for?Apparently there is a cheaper shirt,but its not the exact replica.We want what the team are wearing.

If they sold the shirts for A?25,they`d sell millions,now they`d be lucky to sell 100,000 of them.

A DISGRACE

OZHAMMER
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
>:( >:( >:(

that tears it! i'm definitely not buying one!

>:( >:( >:(

Tone_Loc
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Funny thing is... by June 24th they'll be selling for a tenner :)

They know this of course so are trying to cash in on the World Cup euphoria.

Simple... just stick with your retro tops and f-uck the F.A and Nike

BlackDiamond
01-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Ha,Ha.The cynic in me sees a Nike cunning-plan fermenting.

If we win the world cup, the shirt will be replaced with one bearing two-stars :star: :star:

...and if we don't, the shirt will be replaced with a winter design, for the euro-qualifications and removal of the ariate cool-clime technology.

Whiskyman
01-04-2014, 12:16 PM
WTF..90 QUID..Are they joking?This is not an April`s Fool joke..Do they want to sell England shirts or not?The FA and Nike have a lot to answer for?Apparently there is a cheaper shirt,but its not the exact replica.We want what the team are wearing.

If they sold the shirts for A?25,they`d sell millions,now they`d be lucky to sell 100,000 of them.

A DISGRACE

Disgrace? Why?

No one has to buy one. In fact if no one did I think we all know what would happen to the prices.

GARNETT
01-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I must admit I rather like the shirt the players will be wearing, 90 smackers I believe,
may have bought one years ago but it is far too slim-fit for my liking :(

Replica`s don't look good on balding podgy 50 somethings :(

BlackDiamond
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM

A DISGRACE

A lot of money is tainted. 'Taint yours and 'taint mine.

BillyDWhizz
01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
A cursory google search and I found the Brazilian and Dutch world cup shirts - also made by nike for AŁ36 and AŁ50 respectively. I'm struggling to understand where Nike uk managed to come up with 90 f.ucking quid for a shirt that will be obsolete within a year.

Whiskyman
01-04-2014, 10:34 PM
A cursory google search and I found the Brazilian and Dutch world cup shirts - also made by nike for Ai36 and Ai50 respectively. I'm struggling to understand where Nike uk managed to come up with 90 f.ucking quid for a shirt that will be obsolete within a year.

Is it Nike or the F A that sets the prices?

Whoever it is probably sussed out that there are enough mug punters out there who will pay 90 quid.

Proving once again there is one born every minute.

BlackDiamond
01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
A cursory google search and I found the Brazilian and Dutch world cup shirts - also made by nike for Ai36 and Ai50 respectively. I'm struggling to understand where Nike uk managed to come up with 90 f.ucking quid for a shirt that will be obsolete within a year.

Whoever it is probably sussed out that there are enough mug punters out there who will pay 90 quid.

Proving once again there is one born every minute.[/quote]

Nike site the hi-tech development costs of the unusual fabric design. The red away shirt when viewed from 15 metres reveals a St.George Cross on the chest. The England crest when seen under UV lighting causes the three-lions to glow.

These enhancements are thought to be specifically desired, by the extreme fashion conscious supporter, who demand striking day-and-night apparel, in one shirt.

Whiskyman
01-04-2014, 11:31 PM

Proving once again there is one born every minute.[/quote]

Nike site the hi-tech development costs of the unusual fabric design. The red away shirt when viewed from 15 metres reveals a St.George Cross on the chest. The England crest when seen under UV lighting causes the three-lions to glow.

These enhancements are thought to be specifically desired, by the extreme fashion conscious supporter, who demand striking day-and-night appar

BlackDiamond
01-04-2014, 11:50 PM
But whoever sets the price obviously considers they will sell which, I think, proves my point about one being born every minute.

It would appear the Nike forecasting department are wholly in agreement with you. Watch-it, with bold opinion like that, you will attract the headhunters of the sports apparel behemoths.

FLAIRON
02-04-2014, 06:45 AM
It is a disgraceful price given they fact that production no doubt cost them very little.'

No doubt they are made using cheap labour in somewhere like China or Pakistan.

Whiskyman
02-04-2014, 06:56 AM
It is a disgraceful price given they fact that production no doubt cost them very little.'

No doubt they are made using cheap labour in somewhere like China or Pakistan.

My point is it's no good whining and griping about the price-----and then going out and paying it!!

It's a f_ucking football shirt, not part of a staple diet. If people weren't prepared to pay stupid prices for these articles, which as you say cost peanuts to make in Asian sweat shops, prices would come down.

It's not rocket science.