PDA

View Full Version : This is it.

maroonie
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Stenny away on Sat and imo the proverbial first of our 5 cup finals. We are a fair bit behind and with games running out the players picked on Sat will have to play at the same level as against the huns to get the win we need. They have proved that the will and ability is there but it is the inconsistency and the fragility at the back which defeats our aims. The defence can be really solid at times but lapses in concentration are costing us. If all the travelling lichties get behind the guys we can at least prolong the fight and maybe even turn it around and catch 1 of our rivals for the drop. C'mon lichties

Nonsmokingsmokie
02-04-2014, 10:17 AM
I think that's a fair analysis. And yes, it would be good to go out with a bang not a whimper and maybe make some of our rival a bit uneasy.

For whatever reason linked but not confined to your points, we've also just lacked a basic ability to grind out a result (draw or win) - hence too any defeats instead of draws which we might otherwsie have merited

Also how a team finishes the season has some effect on the mindset over the close season.

Only slight problem is, it would be great to go hell for leather for every result... but it has been the lapses at the back that have done for us this season.

Anyway let's go down battling

ClashCityRocker
02-04-2014, 10:42 AM
There is still a small window of opportunity to avoid automatic relegation.

The players have been very receptive, Sheerin has them squad totally motivated and all the players have been giving 100% effort.

Think we need to win at least 3 of the remaining 5 matches, 3 wins and a draw might might just do the trick.

If Linn, Nicholl, McManus , Sheerin, Cook , Chisholm and co are all firing on all cylinders for the remaining 5 matches then we are in with a chance - but it won't be easy.

Could go to the wire with the last game of the season away to Airdrie.

Mr_Refhater
02-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Despite what some may conceive as an overly negative stance on our manager and the future, I'll be at Stenny backing our boys 100% as always.

I've never stated that the 'great escape' is beyond us, but it'll take one gargantuan effort from Saturday henceforth. Best of luck to the boys at Ochillview! As maroonie says: C'mon the Lichties!

timlichtie
03-04-2014, 07:43 AM
It's a rotten ground and a rubber pitch, but I'll be there anyway.

What's most worrying is Maroonie starting a thread with a Michael Jackson theme. "This is it"?? Always thought he was a prog rocker!:D

maroonie
03-04-2014, 05:22 PM

What's most worrying is Maroonie starting a thread with a Michael Jackson theme. "This is it"?? Always thought he was a prog rocker!:D
Is that a song title of his then?. Puzzled.

timlichtie
03-04-2014, 11:36 PM

Is that a song title of his then?. Puzzled.[/quote]

Title of his last ill fated tour and the movie made about it. (As if you didn't know)

timlichtie
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Anyway, will tomorrow's match be a Thriller or just Bad?

Will the loan defender get a start? Is Macintosh fit? He seems to have dropped out of the picture. I fully expect goals as this fixture has had plenty of late. 3.2 to the Lichties this time.

Arbroath1
04-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Yep This Is It Alright, as i have stated/and others have agreed before the majority of our games this season have been lost by the odd goal. And a lot and i mean a lot of the goals shipped have been from very poor defensive errors, goalkeeping blunders. If we are to even contemplate staying in this division the defensive frailties must be addressed. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet or even only shipped in one goal, seems ages ago.
When we concede a corner you can hear the mumbling and groans from the crowd as they know we are vulnerable. Mind you not going to matter to me one jot as i will be there in the queue for my season ticket next season be we in this division or one below cos as Maroonie has said once a lichtie always a lichtie.

And by the way i,m still backing Sheerin & Petrie all the way as i believe in their football philosophy. Defensively don;t know what they can can do about it other than signing commanding centre half and solid keeper but these are pricey and

maroonie
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Is that a song title of his then?. Puzzled.[/quote]

Title of his last ill fated tour and the movie made about it. (As if you didn't know)[/quote]
Don't have any Michael Jackson music but is "I'm forever blowing bubbles" one of his. Really nonplussed on this?.
On a football note, McIntosh is a long term injury as per today's Herald along with Connor Birse but all the rest of the squad are expected to be fit and Falkirk central defender loanie Ryan McGeever is in the squad. If we concentrate and DEFEND, we can get the points and keep this season alive. C'mon lichtie fans. Let's get behind the gaffer and the team and maybe, just maybe.