PDA

View Full Version : Missed chances

jocklatic
01-04-2014, 09:57 PM
What a good match tonight , totally different from the high ball stuff served up at Horwich on Saturday. Two teams wanting to play football tonight & some good skills on display unlike the lump it noblot massive!!!
Thought Leicester edged it in the 1st half but we were a joy to watch in the second half with some great pass & move play on the deck. If only we had put away 2 or 3 of the glorious chances we had. Before the match started i said to my mate i'd take a point now but coming away from the ground i thought we could have had all 3 points barring the missed chances.
Crowd tonight again were in full voice & considering Leics are top of the league they were very quiet apart from when they scored. MOM for me tonight was a toss up between McArthur n Gomez. Just hope we can keep this up till the end of the season & grab that play off place!!

SwinleyLatic
02-04-2014, 11:28 AM
What a good match tonight , totally different from the high ball stuff served up at Horwich on Saturday. Two teams wanting to play football tonight & some good skills on display unlike the lump it noblot massive!!!
Thought Leicester edged it in the 1st half but we were a joy to watch in the second half with some great pass & move play on the deck. If only we had put away 2 or 3 of the glorious chances we had. Before the match started i said to my mate i'd take a point now but coming away from the ground i thought we could have had all 3 points barring the missed chances.
Crowd tonight again were in full voice & considering Leics are top of the league they were very quiet apart from when they scored. MOM for me tonight was a toss up between McArthur n Gomez. Just hope we can keep this up till the end of the season & grab that play off place!!

I agree, great game.

We deserved all 3 points and Gomez and McArthur were immens

kapster
02-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Leicester must have thought they'd finally met their match.

How we failed to score a couple more is beyond me - but I take heart from the many chances we created.

Great advert for two top teams, and only a pity it wasn't being televised.

Leicester are clearly top of the league for a good reason, and for me, well deserved.

jocklatic
02-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Leicester must have thought they'd finally met their match.

How we failed to score a couple more is beyond me - but I take heart from the many chances we created.

Great advert for two top teams, and only a pity it wasn't being televised.

Leicester are clearly top of the league for a good reason, and for me, well deserved.

Agree with you there kapster - had this been a top of the table clash in the prem league involving the 'big 4', then the Jurno's , pundits etc would have been telling us what a great advert for football it was with both teams playing excellent football at times, some great passing moves & end to end stuff - sadly it was 'Little Wigan' & 'a way too north of London club' playing in the fizzy pop league to been give only a passing mention.
What a difference from the lump it lot from Horwich where Leicester actually wanted to play football & not the hoofball which was on show last Sat??? I also thought that the g