PDA

View Full Version : v Brighton

DanRrr
01-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Not a bad game of football at Ewood tonight. Entertaining game with both teams playing some nice stuff at times. A good advert for championship football.

Tommy Spurr was excellent going forward, not quite as good at the back. Cairney really is a good player and showed it tonight. Conway, I like. Evans played well. And dare I say it, Williamson played a few neat moves and had a good game overall.

It's a shame we can't defend, Brighton's 3rd was a gift on a plate.

Both teams played well and either could have won it, so I guess a draw was about right.

But still, an entertaining evening :)

AucklandRover
02-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Not a bad game of football at Ewood tonight. Entertaining game with both teams playing some nice stuff at times. A good advert for championship football.

Tommy Spurr was excellent going forward, not quite as good at the back. Cairney really is a good player and showed it tonight. Conway, I like. Evans played well. And dare I say it, Williamson played a few neat moves and had a good game overall.

It's a shame we can't defend, Brighton's 3rd was a gift on a plate.

Both teams played well and either could have won it, so I guess a draw was about right.

But still, an entertaining evening :)

Thanks for the report, Dan. Vipbox claimed to have a stream but I'll be bug*ered if it was actually playable. :blue:
As GB said, Brighton scored from three of their four shots on target!
How bad was Evans' injury?

needle
02-04-2014, 05:53 AM
A game that pretty much summed up our season , promised to kick off , then slipped up , then promised again and then slipped up again . To finally taking a draw and sharing the points . Which will see us finish where I always thought we would 10th .

DanRrr
02-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the report, Dan. Vipbox claimed to have a stream but I'll be bug*ered if it was actually playable. :blue:
As GB said, Brighton scored from three of their four shots on target!
How bad was Evans' injury?

Shame about the stream Aucks, the joys of the lower leagues eh?

As for Evans, not sure what happened. We noticed he was struggling and when the ball went out of play he sat down. He walked off the pitch when he was subbed. So hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Despair
02-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Williamson showing more...yep that's just what I said to my mate, it appears that not only do the support enjoy it more with JL away from midfield but so apparently does LW ! He looks far more of a player and put himself about well.

Shame about the defence goin to sleep a bit after our third goal, but again it was initially caused by us fallin back deep (again) and inviting them onto us.
Gestede should have been introduced at least 10 mins sooner. Again it appeared to be GB's hesitance in making the judgement.
Again JR up front on own, far too lightweight.
Gamble with CE hopefully not exacerbated any damage. He was hobbling well before being brought off.

Despair
02-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Without sounding too happy about it, and commenting over the 'failure/success' debate; as said above I am also not too surprised at where we sit in the table i.e. we will not be in any sort of fight for staying up, nor will we be seriously challenging.
Each opinion of failure or success will be determined by each ones aspirations. A promotion this season (given the previous 2 years+) was asking far too much IMO.
Having said that, I am sort of with Dan where; given the 'wheeling and dealing' by GB and the 'potential' of the currant squad amassed, IMO it has been a failure of sorts of GB in not achieving higher success. This in his choice of player and tactics where he has quite a learning curve yet to climb.
This in reflection of doing far better at cleansing the camp than I thought possible (DE excluded >:( )
Next season? I cannot see why not.

DanRrr
03-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Yep Despair, promtion this season is well off the radar and the club should stop banging on about it. Wednesday night was what football should be about, entertainment. I enjoyed myself for the 1st time in ages. 2 sides going at each other, highs, lows, ups and downs all compacted in a short space of time. I read the comment on the LET and you would think that the world was ending. Yes, leaky defending cost 2 points, but that's been the case for a while now. A simple attitude readjustment of going to watch the game and not worrying about the near future, and it's all OK.

Yes, we could be doing better, but then so could many other clubs too.

As for shifting DE, without games to put him in the shop window, Bowyer's stuck with him. So not much he could do on that front.

Anyway, much better than the hungover pub team that turned out against Bouremeouth!! Hope it carries on this way, regardless of results. All I want to see if decent effort and players playing for each other and the sh

Howie5o
03-04-2014, 04:06 PM
The aspirations of a football fan changes through the season ..

Take Burnley for instance prior to kicking off this season im sure many Burnley fans would have been happy stopping up/mid table ..but to be in the position they were at Xmas those aspirations change and most Burnley fans will be disappointed if they dont clinch that second spot .

As for Rovers ..with all the turmoil ..people would have been happy with top ten ...with people saying GB done a good job with a little stability ..but things have been stable for quite a while but yet performances/results havnt really got any better ..from Xmas onwards i expected us to kick on ..maybe give that 6th spot a real good go ..but we havnt ..7pts from the last 8 games ??..relegation form ..

Forget all this "stability" lark that GB has suposedly done ..hes not just done it on his own you know ...lets concentrate on what hes paid to do and thats give us results ..or at the very least a team willing to fight every game ..you can accept

Despair
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
..i expected more from Rovers after Xmas ..its not happened yet ..

I think that's where myself and Dan are coming from.
It is no slight against GB (in my case at least) it is just that I feel he may be at his limits in terms of managerial nous.
The job he (and others, whoever they may be) has has done has been excellent in cleansing the camp and in that respect we seem to be in far better shape than many of us could have hoped. But the on field 'dropped points' are glaringly damaging.
Having said that, it is an emerging squad so some 'slack' maybe should be given.
I have said before there is only one way to find out if he HAS IT, that's give him next season.

champs95
04-04-2014, 10:18 AM
..i expected more from Rovers after Xmas ..its not happened yet ..

I think that's where myself and Dan are coming from.
It is no slight against GB (in my case at least) it is just that I feel he may be at his limits in terms of managerial nous.
The job he (and others, whoever they may be) has has done has been excellent in cleansing the camp and in that respect we seem to be in far better shape than many of us could have hoped. But the on field 'dropped points' are glaringly damaging.
Having said that, it is an emerging squad so some 'slack' maybe should be given.
I have said before there is only one way to find out if he HAS IT, that's give him next season.

May I ask a question?
Whats everyones opinion of Pearson down at Leicester City? Rate him? One off season?

I'm just really interested in what folk think of him?