PDA

View Full Version : just seen...

redgreggie
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
just seen that some more footballers from the north west have been arrested on suspicion of spot fixing in betting...

I hope that if these people are found guilty that the F.A. ban them from football for life.

scum!

ray...in Batley.

Katchouro
03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
No need to worry Ray. Our game's as clean as a whistle ... it's only those swarthy continental types that are bent.

The mere inference that us honest English are capable of breaking rules and cheating is ridonkulous.

redgreggie
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
and how many of these 'swarthy continental types' are there in our game katch?

I don't agree with your statement, I think it's rife within the game...and just as bad I don't think it'll ever be clean...

I live by myself, but often there is a wry 'smirk' passes my lips when I see an equaliser or a winner in the 98th minute...

I'm beyond cynicsm these days...

ray...in Batley.

Katchouro
03-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I was being sarky ray. Something that doesn't always come across well in text.

I agree with you. Our game has been rife with match fixing for years now, and bu88er all has been done about it. Whilst at the same time our pundits joyously point the finger at happenings such as Calciopoli and proclaim 'this would never happen in our game'.

Owler
03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I've not read anything about this but I reckon there's a good chance it will involve games in lower leagues, probably conference.

With betting available on all these non league games now and prices available on loads of different things like both teams to score it must be easy to arrange this when players aren't earning much.

redgreggie
04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
how much they earn doesn't come into it, they choose to play football for money, they sign the deal they sign...

in fact I think it's the opposite, they get too much money, they have too much time on their hands, and they know they can make a bagful of extra dosh for doing phuck all...

I have further 'worries' about the trend of this corruption, looking at those that have been 'outed' up to now makes me concerned in another way...

the non-league players that were done, you can't put that down to money as they more than likely had a job as well, football was an extra income for them.

this latest lot were possibly 3/4th division players, but I'll bet you they all have decent cars, nice houses and the best clothes and everything else that goes with affluence..

after taking voluntary redundancy from a company that I had worked for for 25 years where I was earning around A?20,000, I took a job with bonMarche on minimum wage, I could have stayed on benefit but working, whatever the jo

redgreggie
04-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I've just sent a long letter to my M.P.

ray...in Batley.

Katchouro
04-04-2014, 06:07 PM
oh, yes katch I did think you were being sarky...you're always either...sarky, mischievous or...nasty.

You wound me, you really do.

With so much money in the game it's no surprise that the Corinthian ethos and the spirit of sportsmanship has been eroded. Richard Scudamore's latest gaff over an unsuccessful Man U side hurting the Premiership brand was very telling. As a competitive package vying for a limited international market how much does the English game allow for fairness?

I'll cite two local clubs. Barnsley in the Premiership, refs were against them, culminating in a refereeing performance against Liverpool that torpedoed their season. Chesterfield in the FA cup semi where the only person at OT who didn't see the Howard goal was the Harrow Schoolmaster. English football is full of these referring anomalies that help the narrative of certain clubs / individuals achieving success. Our game stinks.