PDA

View Full Version : Another drum ban

jwok
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Seems the drum is banned tomorrow...

Sup3rw3ll
04-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Not surprised.. Hibs started it, and by making a fuss over it other clubs have caught wind.

let's not turn into sevco fans on the back of this and threat to boycott half of scotland. Just have to stamp and clap louder i suppose.

steviex
04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Not surprised.. Hibs started it, and by making a fuss over it other clubs have caught wind.

let's not turn into sevco fans on the back of this and threat to boycott half of scotland. Just have to stamp and clap louder i suppose.

To be fair on our last visit to St Mirren quite a number of our fans acted like @rseholes, I don't excuse the police or stewarding response however we put ourselves on their "potential fpuckwit" radar.

Wellup4it
04-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Banning the drum is both petty and pathetic. What harm would it do other than to give us an off the field advantage?

As for our last visit I don't condone the use of flares or smoke bombs as they are banned from grounds, but I wouldn't say that a number of our fans were out of order. A few yes but no more than a few. The incident on our last visit was blown out of all proportion.

The problem is that our support is small enough for the Police & stewards to actively target.

sieb1886
04-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Strikes me St Midden are desperate to dampen our support, thus strengthening their chances. It's a massive game for them. Not allowing the drum in will make our victory all the sweeter. Besides, I'm sure if what I expect to be a big travelling support synchronise the clapping and chanting, we'll make more noise than the drummer does !

allan73
04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
For a good few years now myself and our club have been trying to encourage the improvement of the whole match day experience for football fans. You make it more colourful, noisier and more enjoyable all round and people are more likely to come to watch scottish football.
A lot of effort has been put in to what we so often enjoy at away games as Well fans. I really thought football was supposed to be an entertainment business?
I took a work colleague to an away game and he didnt really enjoy the football that much but thought the noise and atmosphere that was created by the motherwell support was fantastic. This in turn prompted him to ask me when he could next come along to a game therefore putting more money into scottish footballs coffers. Have we not driven enough fans away from our national sport? The short term thinking in our game is killing it. I wish people would get a grip on this. It is a drum! We will drown out the st midden support anyway. Lol