PDA

View Full Version : v Ipswich

Howie5o
04-04-2014, 07:02 PM
...onwards and ...erm sideways ...?

No ..home win ..Rovers nowt to play for ..again maybe see an exciting game like last Tuesday ..fingers xd ..

Rovers 4 - Ipswich 2

:)

Wacked1212
04-04-2014, 07:29 PM
We'll get beat 4-2...McCarthy has more tactical nous than GB

Howie5o
04-04-2014, 09:08 PM
...id have taken McCarthy when we were goin through our four manager transitional period ..oh well ..:(

Stan_van_nel
04-04-2014, 09:15 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/34quz3a.gif

Despair
05-04-2014, 06:14 AM
As already said, given GB's performances so far, and this time up against MMc, it would appear many of us expect to see another 'out manoeuvring' from the touchline.
Our only hope is that during this learning curve GB is taking on board all that is opposite number is mounting up against him/us.
Like him or loathe him there is no question over MMc's managerial ability. But, he has become one of the mainstay managers who I believe will be very, very rarely out of a job.
GB will be very aware that this standing has been hard fought for, much in the way that GB is attempting now.
The question is; have the owners and support base got the patience?

needle
05-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Time for a clean sheet . 3-0 Rovers !

joinerpat
05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/34quz3a.gif

Never trust a manager that stirs his brew anti-clockwise.

no clean sheet 2-1 rovers.

needle
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I dont get the Bowyer bashing.What did people expect this season after what we went through for the previous 2 and a half seasons.
McCarthy really out thought him today didnt he??????
Ipswich were woeful!!!!!
Judge Bowyer next January , when I reckon we will be top 6 and nailed on for at least the play offs if not automatic promotion .

champs95
05-04-2014, 05:23 PM
I dont get the Bowyer bashing.What did people expect this season after what we went through for the previous 2 and a half seasons.
McCarthy really out thought him today didnt he??????
Ipswich were woeful!!!!!
Judge Bowyer next January , when I reckon we will be top 6 and nailed on for at least the play offs if not automatic promotion .

Same here. This board used to be a brilliant place to get varied opinions. It's down to 3 all pretty much agreeing with one another, and one of them is a Burnley fan who never sees us.

Mick MCCarthy was a clueless today as he has for the vast majority of has for his very average (at best) managerial career. Folk wanted him, folk wanted Billy Davies too. I still think even though it's been a season of transition, we will come good next time.

And I see Jordan Rhodes scored again. Does nothing that lad...

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Well, a very dull and flat game until about 70 mins when Ipswich had to push forward after realising they wouldn't be able to counter Rhodes goal without doing so. Then it got a bit better because we were winning and looked like we were breaking fast, although we never did once we got in the final 3rd. Nice to see Gustead get another header, he was p1ss poor for 43 minutes until Bowyer called him over for a word and the ref refused to give him a blatent penalty. Seems the combination of things got him going and he was good after that.

All in all, a fairly dull game with a clean sheet and 3 points. Funny old game innit?

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2014, 06:20 PM
great win in the end,still leaves you with an outside chance of the play offs,need to carry on winning,especially against QPR..

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Not a cat in hells chance alf, unless we get maximum points, even then we need those above us to lose at least 3 out of 6 given our goal difference. I'll take entertainment over results for the remainder of the season. Play dull and win, throw caution to the wind and draw. Fek it, throw caution to the wind, it's exciting :D

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Not a cat in hells chance alf, unless we get maximum points, even then we need those above us to lose at least 3 out of 6 given our goal difference. I'll take entertainment over results for the remainder of the season. Play dull and win, throw caution to the wind and draw. Fek it, throw caustion to the wind, it's exciting :D

Whatever you say Dan.. Just don't lose to QPR... :P

Despair
05-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Yet again I find myself in agreement with Dan :O It was a very very ordinary going nowhere game for the period Dan states. Nowhere near as bad as Bournemouth thank god. But far from the end to end entertainment last time out.

Yep, I have to say that at no point did MMc's boys look like troubling us which begs the question how were they 5 points above us :? It is worrying to think that that squad on display today were/are bettering us point wise.
(Williams, no. 25 apart)

This was two ordinary mid table sides sparring it out.

Dan got to see Varney, and I got to see DE, so it was not all wasted.
Varney...mmmm? DE ! Once on, 5 extra mins went up and my first thought was will he last (energy wise to the final whistle), no need to worry though as he expended as much energy as me boiling my egg this morn. And yes before any say, but he would not be expected to after such a long lay down, I mean off ;D it's me having my usual dig :P

As for my comments over being outmanuevered, no

needle
05-04-2014, 07:56 PM
So you`re still a Mick McCarthy fan then after watching his team have about as much idea as them searching for missing flight MH370.
Mick Mac with all his experience couldnt out manage our Gary.Who has about 12 months experience.
People with this view can go **** themselves for me..

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I got to see DE, so it was not all wasted.
Once on, 5 extra mins went up and my first thought was will he last (energy wise to the final whistle),

XD XD XD XD XD

That did make me laugh :heart:

Despair
05-04-2014, 08:15 PM
So you`re still a Mick McCarthy fan then after watching his team have about as much idea as them searching for missing flight MH370.
Mick Mac with all his experience couldnt out manage our Gary.Who has about 12 months experience.
People with this view can go **** themselves for me..

Three points; (Just like today ;D )
To be a ' fan ' would suggest that I have his pici on my wall, which I can assure you I haven't.
Despite him being useless, as suggested , they are above us. (Baffling to me)
Finally you would note that my comment over him, plus TP and SA was in defence of GB I.e. In relation to 'time in the job/post'.

AucklandRover
05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Just had a text from an Ipswich fan who is an old fiend of mine. To confirm the nature of this division, his complaints about IT have been very similar to ours in regard to Rovers: that is, inconsistency. He said Ipswich were poor today, but can look very good on their day, and it sometimes changes from match to match.
As for the "flat" nature of today's game, I've always believed that certain matches take on a logic of their own, regardless of managers and tactics. Another way of putting it is that two sets of players can ignite each other or cancel each other out. Perhaps this explains the difference between today's game and the one against Brighton.

"fiend" should be "friend"! He's not that bad!

Howie5o
06-04-2014, 09:32 AM
A nothing game ...very drab ..atmosphere zilch ..the result the only positive to come out of it..the sooner this season ends the better ..

The game was crying out for the introduction of Dunny ..Cairney/ Conway had very ordinary games (as did most)..needed someone to create something ..

Rhodes did his usual ..one chance one goal ..

As for the tactical battle on the touchline ..didnt happen ..MickMac set his team up to not concede and we struggled to break them down .. which we finally did with a goal from nothing and then the game changed as has been mentioned with Ipswich having to come out and play ..

Nothing really to get excited about ..:zzz:

Despair
06-04-2014, 10:54 AM
A nothing game ...very drab ..atmosphere zilch ..the result the only positive to come out of it..the sooner this season ends the better ..

The game was crying out for the introduction of Dunny ..Cairney/ Conway had very ordinary games (as did most)..needed someone to create something ..

As for the tactical battle on the touchline ..didnt happen ..MickMac set his team up to not concede and we struggled to break them down .. which we finally did with a goal from nothing and then the game changed as has been mentioned with Ipswich having to come out and play ..

I concur with your concur ;D ;D ;D

Nice to have had Williams (25) coming on for us though (replacement for Dunny ???)
A very keen and eager lad.

Howie5o
06-04-2014, 12:04 PM

I concur with your concur ;D ;D ;D

Nice to have had Williams (25) coming on for us though (replacement for Dunny ???)
A very keen and eager lad.[/quote]

Yeah he stood out a mile that Williams ..not heard about him before ..had a lil read

fyldefan
07-04-2014, 07:12 PM
I have to agree with some of the other posts , that was a pretty boring game until we scored . I have to say that Ipswich did,nt help with lots of passing in there own half ! At least we got out of our drawing games sequence :) . Also i can,t understand why every time we get a throw in the players always seem to have to go for the long hopefull "head on " type rather than short and to another players feet , no matter what part of the pitch it is ??