PDA

View Full Version : 2 nil and we fu... Up

dosser1
05-04-2014, 04:50 PM
As I said last week SM cost us against Killie and with the same tactics cost us today again .Why put Vigurs out on the right ,a player who has no right peg and more importantly does not chase back .It was like watching a rerun of the Hibs game and St Midden adopted the same high ball into the box routine .Can blame the ref all we like but really it was down to the players and SM when your up twice by 2 goals in two matches and you get a draw and a defeat out of them then something is seriously wrong

Wellup4it
05-04-2014, 06:52 PM
As I said last week SM cost us against Killie and with the same tactics cost us today again .Why put Vigurs out on the right ,a player who has no right peg and more importantly does not chase back .It was like watching a rerun of the Hibs game and St Midden adopted the same high ball into the box routine .Can blame the ref all we like but really it was down to the players and SM when your up twice by 2 goals in two matches and you get a draw and a defeat out of them then something is seriously wrong

A bit harsh as SM has done a great job but yes he does make mistakes as we all do. I've said all season that midfield is our biggest weakness apart from goalkeeping, and nothing that has happened today has made me change my mind.

Yazz
05-04-2014, 06:53 PM
**** poor Motherwell **** **** poor. 1pt from 2 games we've held a 2 goal advantage in is **** **** poor. Give yourselves a bluddy good shake.

SM lost my confidence last autumn and has done nothing to reclaim it imho

steviex
05-04-2014, 07:43 PM

A bit harsh as SM has done a great job but yes he does make mistakes as we all do. I've said all season that midfield is our biggest weakness apart from goalkeeping, and nothing that has happened today has made me change my mind.[/quote]

I wouldnt agree when the midfield dont play to a 100% our really p1ss poor defence flap about like headless chickens. The amount of times today the St Mi

capilano_well
05-04-2014, 08:40 PM
When will people realise McCall has not done a great job - he has been a good manager but not a great manager. His tactics are poor, he can't change a game positively, he is beaten in big games before he starts (eg Celtic / rangers) and too often he tries to hold out for victory when only one up. And we don't have a leader in the team that gets the players motivated like a captain should.

Yes, third in the league but third in a pish league!

mix106
05-04-2014, 09:50 PM
When will people realise McCall has not done a great job - he has been a good manager but not a great manager. His tactics are poor, he can't change a game positively, he is beaten in big games before he starts (eg Celtic / rangers) and too often he tries to hold out for victory when only one up. And we don't have a leader in the team that gets the players motivated like a captain should.

His success rate tells you he's the best manager we've had in 50 years in terms of league results ... That doesn't happen by itself. Christ when I think back to the utter sh1te I watched under Billy Davies ( with a fortune at his disposal) Alec McLeish, Harry Kampman, Maurice Malpas etc I'll happily take the good n bad under McCall.

Wellup4it
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Stuart McCall has done a really good job with the resources at his disposal, but he does make mistakes. We all make mistakes.

Having said that I don't like the way that the team sits back and defends deeply. But that's his choice of tactic I guess.

Yazz
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM

What you have described is a shyte manager. I've seen better Motherwell teams relegated and the only reason he's experienced a modicum of success is because Aberdeen have been in a slump for how long ? and The Buns are no-more.

St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Hearts and now Aberdeen have silverware during SM's time ------- give me that anyday as an alternative to anything under his tenure.

Sooner he replaces McCoist the better as far as I'm concerned.