PDA

View Full Version : v QPR..

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Good luck lads.. B)

needle
05-04-2014, 06:32 PM
No doubt in my mind.This is a definite Rovers win.I wont predict the score though as owt could happen!!!

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 07:32 PM
We'll win 9 - 7

I can't wait, gonna be a great match XD

butterflyvenom
06-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Please feel free to set the record for highest score in the league's history on Tuesday night.
I trust all your strikers are match fit and raring to go.Every little helps. Ta.

Rvblue
07-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Looks like Lowe will get his automaatic selection back in the team.

QPR midfiled will be terrified by his return.

jimmymaccer
07-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Yep good luck lads - anything to help yer Premier league bound friends greatly appreciated!

Despair
07-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Looks like Lowe will get his automaatic selection back in the team.

QPR midfiled will be terrified by his return.

This will be the real test for GB, stick with Keane at RB who had a decent game and leave Williams unclustered in mid, or go back to the proven negative and slot him right back into mid alongside and scupper our more offensive set up :/ :/

MillHillRover
08-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Not going to be able to go tonight (been un well with a chest infection) so if anyone want's to use my season ticket for tonight they're most welcome, just reply to this post and we can sort sommat out :)

Ps it's a freebie BTW ;)

Howie5o
08-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Rovers win.. theres still a chance of somehow making that 6th spot..poor do when Dingles are askin us to do um a favour 9-10pts clear. .relax .you wont do a Devon Loch lads..unfortunately !!XD

alfinyalcabo
08-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Well done Rovers.. :star: :star: :star: .. good luck in the play off chase.. B)

Despair
08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
For me, the performance of the season.
I said I felt a hard fought score draw, but the lads 'stepped up' and spring boarded from Sats game as I hoped they would.
Each and every player was on his game, epitomised by that gloriously worked second goal (right in front of me).
It was really hard to determine a MOM it could have been any one of 4 or 5 easily.
Even when GB made his change on 70 and 75 causing I believe some consternation this time though it worked well. Due I believe in each player playing at their best in support.
JL no complaints whatsoever.
LV did pretty well in his cameo (won most headers) and chased everything down - well done.
Even DE :O did ok when introduced and put a fair bit more effort into his stint.

On that form we could easily do well in any play off tournament.
We just now have to take the next game in the same manner.

My is very close to being updated simply from that performance. I was very proud of the lads tonight.

Howie5o
08-04-2014, 09:38 PM
[quote="Despair"]For me, the performance of the season.
I said I felt a hard fought score draw, but the lads 'stepped up' and spring boarded from Sats game as I hoped they would.
Each and every player was on his game, epitomised by that gloriously worked second goal (right in front of me).
It was really hard to determine a MOM it could have been any one of 4 or 5 easily.
Even when GB made his change on 70 and 75 causing I believe some consternation this time though it worked well. Due I believe in each player playing at their best in support.
LV did pretty well in his cameo (won most headers) and chased everything down - well done.
Even DE :O did ok when introduced and put a fair bit more effort into his stint.

My is very close to being updated simply from that performance. I was very proud of the lad

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 10:04 PM
It's performances like that, that have got me down this season in games where we've been poor and I've known we could do much, much better. Each and every player in a Rover's shirt put in a huge shift. I haven't seen us break like that in years. And as Dispair says, the cover for each player was absolutely spot on. Varney was the right player at the right time. He's not much of a footballer and definately not a match winner, but he is a right royal pain in the @rse, and he did that well tonight. 2 nil up, he did a good job of annoying QPR and stopping them get up the pitch. Could have been 2-1, that shot on against the woodwork, oh dear, he was clean through XD But that was the best result QPR could have asked for. I loved the way that they refuse to vary their one tactic. Made it much easier to anticipate their attacks abd defend them well ;)

As for their fans, sat down on 8 minutes and never stood up again. P1ss poor support XD

I very much enjoyed singing 'it's just like watching B

champs95
08-04-2014, 10:12 PM
[quote="Howie5o"]For me, the performance of the season.

My is very close to being updated simply from

Despair
08-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Did you guys note Dunny on the touchline when on that 65th minute he stopped his preparation and stood with a big grin on his face applauding each and every consecutive pass.

As said, this was the kind of performance I have been waiting for since about Sept / Oct when obvious shoots of progress were being exhibited. For whatever reason it has taken this frustratingly long length of time to put the performance that was promised then onto the park.
If its all too late, so be it.
But, if they can reproduce that sort of form on a more regular basis, good times are back at Ewood.
It seems a hell of a long time since I felt so positive and enjoyed a raised performance so much.

fyldefan
08-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Yeh , that was a very good performance tonight from the rovers .
What i noticed was there seems to be a pretty good team spirit amongst the players and everybody put a lot of effort into there performance .
Were as Q.P.R players looked pretty skillfull but seemed to lack the extra effort , especially in the second half ,when i thought they might have had a real go at us .
p.s... nice to see that money grabbing ungratefull Junior holliet on the loosing side!!

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 11:09 PM
It seems a hell of a long time since I felt so positive and enjoyed a raised performance so much.

Oh yes, it was the natural progression from the totally dominant performances in the Barnsley and Bolton games. Not to mention Notts Forest, where although we lost, we played very well. Then it was starts and stops. Sheffield Wed and Birminhham 1st half were woeful. Bournemouth, the worst I have ever seen, (and I don't care about their form, they were dogsh1t and there for the taking that night). The dire defence, (but great game) against Brighton. Then a dull as phuck flat performance, but a clean sheet and 2 goals to the good followed by TONIGHT!

It really was 'just like watching Brazil' at times XD

Despair
08-04-2014, 11:21 PM
It really was 'just like watching Brazil' at times :D

Don't you mean: just like watching Burnley !!!

As that is how they have been playing for the majority of this season i.e. good team spirit, effort, belief, and togetherness ;D

Respect where respect is deserved.

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Indeed Despair, I agree. I was referring to us having a little breakout of 'it's just like watching Brazil' in the DE tonight. Wasn't that loud, but it was a laugh :)

AucklandRover
08-04-2014, 11:38 PM
This is all music to my ears!:)

O/T for a moment: perhaps it's just my eyes, but in some pictures, Matt Kilgallon reminds me strongly of Mick McCarthy.
Is there something we should be told...?

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm glad you could read somthing positive for a change Aucks :) It's about time really. Although one swallow doesn't make a summer, it was definately spring last night.

As for Kilgallon, could it be a job for Jeremmy Kyle?

Howie5o
09-04-2014, 08:03 AM

O/T for a moment: perhaps it's just my eyes, but in some pictures, Matt Kilgallon reminds me strongly of Mick McCarthy.
How dare you mention Mick Mccarthy on this board. .shame on yo XD

Despair
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
[quote="DanRrr"]I'm glad you could read somthing positive for a change Aucks :) It's about time really. Although one swallow doesn't make a summer, it was definately spring last night.

There seems to be three of us who seem to see it the same way;
Last night was in many ways for me a turning point. Why has it taken so long? (and yes I know these things take time, I have been around long enough to know this) But, the stuttering and starting has probably vanquished us to another term in the Champs.
But, quite honestly from what I have seen this year I can honestly say that team/performance last night was as good as, and IMO better than anything I have seen from any other. On that showing they would have as much chance as Leicester in the top flight (who I was not all that impressed with). As with BFC, it has just been a question of consistency.
From where I am sitting it seems to me it is the squad of the players themselves who have resolved to give it a rea

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 10:44 AM
There seems to be three of us who seem to see it the same way;

Four, needle too.

I'll have to say that the last time I saw a performance like that was under Hughes, when we played some nice stuff. I'm seriously considering Sheff Wed away to see if we build on, or maintain last night, but have a fairly packed weekend as it is :(

champs95
09-04-2014, 12:36 PM

How dare you mention Mick Mccarthy on this board. .shame on yo XD[/quote]

He's been mentioned numerous times Howie. Your just the first to describe him as some kind of tactical genius. More than once.
If your going to pick a tactical genius, of which there are many, old Mick has certainly never been been mentioned amoungst them. Apart from your good self.

Howie5o
09-04-2014, 04:27 PM

He's been mentioned numerous times Howie. Your just the first to describe him as some kind of tactical genius. More than once.
If your going to pick a tactical genius, of which there are many, old Mick has certainly never been been mentioned amoungst them. Apart from your good self.[/quote]

Champs ..just exactly where did i say he was a tactical genius ???..check back the v Ipswich thread..read back...what i did say long ago when we d had three pops at a manager id take Mick McCarthy ..someone to get the prima donnas we had at the time knocked into some shape with a good m

champs95
09-04-2014, 08:31 PM

If your going to pick a tactical genius, of which there are many, old Mick has certainly never been been mentioned amoungst them. Apart from your good self.[/quote]

Champs ..just exactly where did i say he was a tactical genius ???..check back the v Ipswich thread..read back...what i did say long ago when we d had three pops at a manager id take Mick McCarthy ..someone to get the prima donnas we had at t