PDA

View Full Version : Stenny 2 Lichties 2

timlichtie
05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
We started with Morrison Travis McGeever Hamilton Lindsay Sheerin Nicol Chisholm Cook McManus Linn.

McManus should have scored after 1 minute from a free header but went wide. He then opened the scoring mid half when prodding home after the Stenny defence played him on. They equalised with a good strike from outside the box which crept in at the post, 5 mins before half time.

Second half was end to end but Bobby Linn fired home a Cooky cross having just missed one earlier. They hit the post, Sheerin hit the bar and both sides had good penalty claims at the end. Stenny equalised again with a header.

Draw was probably a fair result, but disappointing for the good Lichtie support.

Morrison 5, Travis6, McGeever 5, Hamilton 6, Lindsay 5, Sheerin 6, Nicol 6, Chisholm 4, Cook 5, McManus 7, Linn 6.

maroonie
05-04-2014, 07:43 PM
We started with Morrison Travis McGeever Hamilton Lindsay Sheerin Nicol Chisholm Cook McManus Linn.

McManus should have scored after 1 minute from a free header but went wide. He then opened the scoring mid half when prodding home after the Stenny defence played him on. They equalised with a good strike from outside the box which crept in at the post, 5 mins before half time.

Second half was end to end but Bobby Linn fired home a Cooky cross having just missed one earlier. They hit the post, Sheerin hit the bar and both sides had good penalty claims at the end. Stenny equalised again with a header.

Draw was probably a fair result, but disappointing for the good Lichtie support.

Morrison 5, Travis6, McGeever 5, Hamilton 6, Lindsay 5, Sheerin 6, Nicol 6, Chisholm 4, Cook 5, McManus 7, Linn 6.
Good report Tim but you forgot the handball at the end which denied us a penalty. Enjoyed the match tho with both sides having a real go

smokie_bacon_crisps
05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
The Linesman told the referee via his headset "no penalty, his hands were by his side"

WHAT!

Should have went to specsavers!

Bellevue
06-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Normally would have been a good result but with the Fifers and Airdrie also picking up points it takes the shine off it a little. Still all to play for but it's a big ask to get maximum points from the final 4 games.
Both the Fifers and Airdrie have been on a good run recently since their new managers got settled in. Is it just a coincidence that both managers were defenders?

Mr_Refhater
06-04-2014, 10:37 PM
That b**tard John-'Barmy b**ger'-Beaton was so bloody f***ing awful it was to be seen to be believed, and even then I was scratching my eyeballs out! You moron Beaton. I hate these guys!!!!! They're slowly ruining our great game!!!

To think, he had the audacity to try and even things up by not giving Stenny a 'stone-wall penalty', after missing a clear hand ball for us. Everyone in the stadium, including the f***ing pigeons (who would have thought the lack of a call was s**t!), would have given a penalty to us! But please tell me Beaton how was either decision fair to the teams yesterday, for goodness sake???

It has become clear in the wake of the game that Stenny have had previous with Beaton. How right they were to feel tentative at learning of his appointment to the game, in reflection of the farce yesterday!

Two other absolutely ludicrous decisions I notice from yesterday!: That big twit Ian Brines gives a penalty to St.Mirren, even though the ball hit Stephen McManus' face! WHA

Mr_Refhater
06-04-2014, 11:02 PM
On a more positive and less corrosive note I thought the Lichties put in a good shift yesterday, yet sadly our old weakness was in strong evidence again. Still, performances in the past two or so weeks have been good. Sadly very late in the day to rescue this season. We are not getting much reward for our efforts.

Again Ross Chisholm was useless yesterday. He does nothing on the pitch, apart from wind-up the boss to 'have a go' at other poor performers. What a hypocrite! How bad does the boy have to play before he is dropped? Sheerin obviously loves him. You can 'bet your bottom dollar' that he'll still be here and will retain the captaincy in league 2 next year. Especially if Sheerin is still the gaffer!

Told you this would be a more positive post! ;D

timlichtie
07-04-2014, 07:28 AM
There's no doubt that our performances have picked up since the signings of Nicol and McManus. We are comfortably a mid table team now, but too far adrift, I fear.

Sadly, I have to agree that Chis is still struggling to make an impact. Has the captaincy affected his game? He looks short on pace particularly on the plastic surface.

Lichtielegend
07-04-2014, 08:25 AM
There's no doubt that our performances have picked up since the signings of Nicol and McManus. We are comfortably a mid table team now, but too far adrift, I fear.

We've taken 8 points from 10 games since both Nicoll and McManus came in. (11 from 12 for Nicoll). That's less than 1 point per game which is bottom of the table form in any league.

Our performances have improved but they're still well below what is required in this league.

ClashCityRocker
07-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Match highlights on link below. - view external link (http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/2014/4/303/5th-highlights-arbroath/)

timlichtie
07-04-2014, 11:34 AM

We've taken 8 points from 10 games since both Nicoll and McManus came in. (11 from 12 for Nicoll). That's less than 1 point per game which is bottom of the table form in any league.

Our performances have improved but they're still well below what is required in this league.[/quote
]

A wee bit harsh I think. It would have us in the mix with Brechin, Fifers etc and not at the bottom. We need to keep positive and build for next season whatever happens.

It was great to see such a strong Lichtie support at Stenny.

ClashCityRocker
07-04-2014, 03:01 PM
The season is not over yet, Arbroath are still in the battle to avoid relegation.

We need to put pressure on East Fife by winning on Saturday.

The players have all been trying really hard, no one is giving up the fight , we know it's a mountain to climb, but there is still a chance of avoiding relegation.

There are 12 magical points to play for , 3 wins and a draw might be enough.

Arbroath have a superior goal difference than East Fife and the Fifers might struggle to collect many points from their last 4 games.

Anything is possible and if we can win on Saturday and East Fife get beat the relegation gap would be closed to 4 points.

smokie_bacon_crisps
07-04-2014, 03:30 PM
The Stenny striker who scored their first goal was the guy who won Skys "football's next star" the competition to join Intermilan for a season.

From the San Siro to Stenny! - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Greenhalgh)