PDA

View Full Version : Scottish football

wellowell
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I no nearly midnight but just home from today's game and might be proved wrong when I see it on TV but disgusted by the major decisions that have went against us this season . The media and refs don't care about us and some of the decisions are baffling today brines never gave penalty right away he looked at assistant ref who was nearer and he gave nothing so obviously thought no penalty and if he was unsure how can he possibly then give it. We are a wee team with small support and even though we never played we'll today I would like to lose fairly not with a penalty that never was. Aberdeen get a late penalty against them that was outside box to win 3 points we get a dodgy penalty against us to lose 3 points. As I said could be proved wrong in morning when I sober up and find out McManus handled it but I thought it hit him plum in face so time will tell

Wellup4it
05-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I no nearly midnight but just home from today's game and might be proved wrong when I see it on TV but disgusted by the major decisions that have went against us this season.

Well they say that breaks even themselves out over the course of a season but for us this is an exception. Just think of the luck we've had against the likes of Dundee United and Aberdeen.

We've had one penalty awarded this season despite having a series of stonewaller claims.

If breaks do even themselves out then we're in for a helluva post split advantage.

LawSteelman
05-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Sometimes decisions go for you, sometimes they go against you and despite what some try and claim, decisions don't always even themselves out over the course of a season. That's just part and parcel of football, like it or lump it.

However good teams make their own luck and when you try and sit on leads when you have such a poor defence and goalkeeper as we do then you are asking for trouble. We did not deserve anything against St.Mirren because our second half performance was shocking and our defending was chronic. If we could do the basics at the back and in midfield then we would not have lost today and that has cost us more than the referee did.

wellowell
05-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Total crap I no we never played we'll and they had chances especially 1 st half but I thought with 5 mins to go we were looking comfortable and a mega dodgy penalty IMO went against us. It was not the fact he gave pen that upset me it was that he never gave in instantly he looked at linesman who was nearer and he never gave it so if he then gives it he is dishonest as if he thought I'dt was a handball he would have gave it instantly. McCall was right a dishonest decision lost us the game and I am fed up with the decisions that have went against us this year.just because you don't play well doesn't mean you deserve dodgy decisions to go against you

LawSteelman
05-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Well we'll need to agree to disagree that we were looking comfortable with five minutes to go as we were all over the place every time they put the ball in the box for the entire game, especially second half and it was inevitable that they would get level. Okay when they did it was via a poor refereeing decision but what I would say to that is if you invite teams on to you and don't protect your box then you are asking for trouble. All it takes is a lucky deflection, a handball, or indeed a poor refereeing call to award a penalty for a non existent handball and the opposition have a goal or a penalty and that's unfortunately what happened today. Had we defended properly and prevented them from attacking our penalty box then that wouldn't have happened. Indeed had we not tried to sit on a lead - again - then we would not be having this debate.

As for "a dishonest decision lost us the game" I'm sorry but that for me is nonsensical talk. Apart from our poor performance, the goal that los

mix106
06-04-2014, 07:36 AM
[quote="LawSteelman"]Well we'll need to agree to disagree that we were looking comfortable with five minutes to go as we were all over the place every time they put the ball in the box for the entire game, especially second half and it was inevitable that they would get level. Okay when they did it was via a poor refereeing decision but what I would say to that is if you invite teams on to you and don't protect your box then you are asking for trouble. All it takes is a lucky deflection, a handball, or indeed a poor refereeing call to award a penalty for a non existent handball and the opposition have a goal or a penalty and that's unfortunately what happened today. Had we defended properly and prevented them from attacking our penalty box then that wouldn't have happened. Indeed had we not tried to sit on a lead - again - then we would not be having this debate.

As for "a dishonest decision lost us the game" I'm sorry but that for me is nonsensical talk. A

wellin
06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Got to say i have to agree. When st. mirren scored i turned and said we would be lucky to get a point from this game. We did the same up at easter rd, went two up against a p*** poor side and give away a goal on the stroke of half time, then come out for the second half and sit on that lead, something we just aren't capable of. But as time wore on i thought we would survive, by that time st m had ran out of ideas. In stepped brines, and if he never gave the "penalty" we would have won the game. We have never had a break this season from refs, the luck we've had this season re refs is incredible. If you look at the breaks aberdeen have had this year compared to us it's incredible, i'm certainly not saying there's any sort of agenda against us, it just comes down to good old luck and we've carried none.

Yazz
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Agree with the man from Law and Mix106.

Our goals against column is a lead weight around our necks - handing Aberdeen and Are Shyte a 1pt advantage.

I think we've been rank all season, and lucky that most other teams have been 'ranker'. Our defense is very poor and both available keepers are imposters in the No.1 shirt ---- and totally unworthy of PL contracts.

Most worryingly for me is SM's determination to proceed with tactics that lose points >:(

mix106
06-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Agree with the man from Law and Mix106.

Our goals against column is a lead weight around our necks - handing Aberdeen and Are Shyte a 1pt advantage.

I think we've been rank all season, and lucky that most other teams have been 'ranker'. Our defense is very poor and both available keepers are imposters in the No.1 shirt ---- and totally unworthy of PL contracts.

Most worryingly for me is SM's determination to proceed with tactics that lose points >:(

I'm afraid I just don't agree with sticking it to MCCall when we have amassed 60 points. There have been many a year when most teams have been P1sh and we have never come anywhere near 60 points. On balance it's been an excellent league season I'm merely making my comments based on a game by game basis and yesterday we were feckin honking you could see the writing on the wall all game.

Yazz
06-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Understand where you are coming from mate, buts lets realise the current equation is Rangersless, its a Hearts youth team, Killie have less money than us, Hibs are in a similar boat and rank, Partick are MFC Rejects FC, St Mirren have no clue, Are Shyte lost their Sugar Daddy, then theres St J, Ross County and Icey Tea ------- if we cannae amass a decent points haul from that lot then there's no hope for us.

WoodyG
07-04-2014, 12:56 AM
We have amassed a decent points haul.