PDA

View Full Version : Queens big advantage!

bluesince1969
06-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I can see an opportunity for Queens to be a regular top flight team in the future.Money is so tight that with other clubs financial struggles and our debt free situation the Premier playing standards could fall further and this will give us a more realistic target to achieve.
I can see standards falling so far back that we may be part of a top league similar to NI.

palmylad
06-04-2014, 09:47 AM
We need to somehow start getting more fans through the gates .

It's a major issue for the majority of clubs throughout Scotland ...

Dariusz
06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
hopefully the money situation can be to Queens advantage.

As for getting more fans through the gates. Yes its a problem for the whole of Scottish Football and its annoying watching games on TV and seeing all these empty seats at SPL games.

To me the answer is to let all primary school kids go for FREE. The advantages to this that I can see are:

1) Accompanied by a paying adult.
2) Stadiums fuller thus creating more of an interest and atmosphere in the sport (more advertising/sponsorship due to higher attendances).
3) These kids are the fans (paying adults) of the future.
4) More food and merchandise sold.

Of course there will be disadvantages. I am sure some clubs have done this already, on maybe limited time offers, and I am sure that I heard an MSP arguing for something like this a couple of years back, which must never have come to fruitition.

I cant understand why this isn't a univeral policy when attendances are so low and interest dwindling. I am sure that I will hea

Northfield53
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Morton chairman saying 1700 fans is not enough to have full time football.
Our board has always said that they need other money coming in.
We now have that now with the hire of the Palmy pitch and now with the hire of the arena as well we now have other income that other clubs do not have.

Dariusz
06-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Morton Chairman probably right.

No doubt Queens being debt free and having the facilities that they now have gives them advantages over many other clubs not in the same boat.

Queens need to really push being a community club and getting as many as poss through the door every week.

aloreburn
07-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Jim Thomson has been doing community work & school visits for several years now .

Our kids have received school visits and free tickets to matches on two occasions now .

With the new Queens Arena almost fully up & running now and it making some much needed extra revenue , I wonder if the club would consider cutting admissions prices in an attempt to attract more fans through the gates next season ..?

Palmyman
08-04-2014, 04:50 PM
With Rangers and Hearts due at Palmerston next season I wouldn't be surprised if admission went up a pound but you never know.

Francis_begbie_HFC
08-04-2014, 08:00 PM
lol thats if hearts arnt liquidated .

GiroGeorge
08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
With Rangers and Hearts due at Palmerston next season I wouldn't be surprised if admission went up a pound but you never know.

am i missing something here, like the play offs, or are we just not going to go through with them if we finish in the top 4?

Auld_Chippy
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM

am i missing something here, like the play offs, or are we just not going to go through with them if we finish in the top 4?[/quote]

Quite right Giro G, it seems some people are more interested in the possible games against rangers and hearts next season rather than backing our own chance of getting into the Premiership.

deek5trans
09-04-2014, 07:27 AM
^^And they would be right. This division next season will be far more appealing than the SPL.

arrol1919
09-04-2014, 07:54 AM
IF Queens stay in the Championship next season then it would be a great league but the only place to be next season is the Scottish Premiership .

Visits to & from Celtic , Aberdeen , Dundee Utd , Hibs , Killie etc are far more appealing than Dumbarton , Cowdenbeath , Alloa & Raith

Don't know why so many people are obsessed with a couple of visits to and from Rangers & Hearts ;)

PARKGATEQOS
09-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Couldn't agree more Arrol1919. Surely we are giving it our best shot to go up. We are just as good as Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk on our day and IF we don't do well in the Play-Offs then so be it, but the prospect of playing against Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc is far more appealing than focusing on 4 games against both Hearts and Rangers in my opinion.

Key game this Saturday against Falkirk and a win will almost grab 4th place.

Palmyman
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Would be over the moon to see Queens back in the top league of Scottish football after an absence of 51 years but as has been said on here many times the Premiership top brass have made it very difficult for a Championship side to gain promotion with their team (currently Partick Thistle) only having 2 games to play while the likes of Queens, Falkirk would have 6.

Francis_begbie_HFC
09-04-2014, 03:35 PM
well we are in a position to make the playoffs thats in our own hands ,so all i can say is give it our best shot .