PDA

View Full Version : Silkmen allowing fans in to Shots game for free

crewejon
06-04-2014, 12:51 PM
A great gesture!

Macclesfield Town will be throwing open the doors of the Moss Rose on Saturday 12th April as the Silkmen take on Aldershot Town at the Moss Rose, as the club make it free entry for the match for both home and away supporters.

Although the late dash for the play-offs has fallen short, some of the quality on display at the Moss Rose over the season, and some of the spectacular goals have deserved a wider audience, and the club are looking to showcase the side to the football fans of the town as the club start to look towards next season.

Theres never been an easier time to bring a friend to the Moss Rose

We just want to fill the stadium for this match and start to welcome the local community here to the Moss Rose" said Supporters Trust representative director David Woolliscroft.

The season is coming to a close and we want to end on a high point. Season tickets are on sale, and they are great value at the moment with the Early Bird discount coming to an end at th

Alexmaverick
06-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeh,say a fiver for adults and 50p for under 16's for the Col U game.They'll bring very few so stick them in the RE,give The Alex back The Pop,and let's have a campaign to fill the ground.
Over to you,Crewe Alex marketing.
Also,perhaps we.could take a leaf out of Charlton's book from a few years ago,whereby you could swap your non-Charlton shirt for,yes,you've guessed it,a Charlton shirt.I don't know what they did with all the enemy tops they collected,but I suggest we,if we embraced such an idea ourselves,might make a big bonfire out of them on the car park before a match...or perhaps rip up some of the Man Yoo and Livers**t ones and distribute the offensive rags to the Alexandra Stadium toilets,where Crewe fans could put them to good use as a bog roll substitute.

alexmick
06-04-2014, 05:17 PM
They have already introduced a cut price offer for the all of the remaining home games. For an adult, the club offered a mini-season ticket at 70 quid for the last 5 home games. That worked out at 14 quid per match. The cost was less for concessions. Obviously not well publicised.

Alexmaverick
06-04-2014, 06:06 PM
They have already introduced a cut price offer for the all of the remaining home games. For an adult, the club offered a mini-season ticket at 70 quid for the last 5 home games. That worked out at 14 quid per match. The cost was less for concessions. Obviously not well publicised.
Your last four words sum up the problem,I think.Nowt wrong with the offer but they're probably pretty much preaching to the already converted in their limited publicity of it.I stand to be corrected but I saw nothing in the Chron about it.How about some posters around town or Harold Finch walking up and down Edleston Rd with a sandwich board,that kind of thing.