PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hughton gone

kropotkin56
07-04-2014, 01:55 AM
So Norwich have ditched Saint Chris . . .

How many of you would like to have him back? It was pretty clear when he left that he knew he was leaving a sinking ship - but do you think he would have done a better job than LC?

aKROKiwi
07-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Yes. Now admittedly I have only seen three games this year but on each occasion the team's movement off the ball whether in possession or defending was poor at best, it looked very uncoordinated; pressing wasn't there and the lines lost contact with each other. Now to be fair we field almost an entirely different side on each occasion however on each occasion we looked like a team that had barely been coached at all. With Hughton's team it was possible to see at all times what was being attempted. I think we lost Hughton because he had made it very obvious what good coaching could to to overcome lack of financial resources. I think its true that Hughton had some better players but plenty of them remained after he left and some are still there today

spionkop
07-04-2014, 08:17 AM
No, he walked out on us without a second thought after we rescued him from the scrap heap. He showed no loyalty to us and we owe him none and his big money signings at Norwich have been a disaster. Clark was fully aware of the mess that he was taking on and for better or worse we should stick with him. I may be old fashioned and whilst I have no problem with criticism of his team tactics or selections I deplore the personal abuse that is being heaped on him.
Rg

bolt
07-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Houghton did not achieve 9 away wins at this point in the season in fact our away form equals top 3 or 4 teams, as far as I can see there is only Zigic and Burke that Chris would have used in the current SQUAD, Spector was there but could only get picked through injuries, I think Clarke has done as well as Chris with the tools at hand ,in fact Houghton might have struggled with this squad imo I think if we stay up he will have earned his wages this year KRO

gazulu
07-04-2014, 08:53 AM
I enjoyed our season under Hughton but the writing was on the wall and he jumped ship. We stick with what we've got for now and the fans job is to get behind the team. The number one priority is to stay up then get rid of those idiots in charge of our club.

eoin17
07-04-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure that the option of navigating your way through dangerous waters in a financial basket case or joining a sea-worth boat constitutes "Jumping ship," he was offered a better job and he took it.
Great European nights achieved by Alex McLeish, delivered by Chris Hughton and oh so close at the end of the season. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for him at Norwich. We've got our manager now and the club's priorities are pretty clear: avoid relegation, move on from the current ownership dilemma. Without a substantial re-investment I can see noting but more of the same and worse. The prospect of internal investment seems unlikely so it's "wait for a buyer..." This is not a cheery prospect at present...:blue: