PDA

View Full Version : 10 men won the league!

DannyBhoy
07-04-2014, 06:03 PM
How do we rank that compared to our greatest results?

http://i62.tinypic.com/ke6oma.jpg

Poguemahone
07-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Its right up there with our best results in domestic fitba and I was there on that famous Monday night...1-0 down and only 10 men after Doyle was sent off for booting that wee rat McDonald.

The league was lost until 5 minutes to go when Jackson headed in to his own net in a mix up with 'The Girvan ****hoose' and then Murdo hit a 25 yard rasper that sent Celtic Park wild...a great captains performance from Aitken that night...a massive H** support that night and they emptied that end quicker than I thought possible and hardly a H** in sight all evening after the game.

They still had two games to go ad A Cup Final or three with only about 4,000 at Ibrox v Thistle and less than 500 at Easter Road a week later...they did do walking away back in those days.

DannyBhoy
07-04-2014, 06:23 PM
You jammy bugger!

The atmosphere must have been mental?

Sconemeister1314
07-04-2014, 06:23 PM
The Ref cheated Rangers .

happytim
07-04-2014, 06:45 PM
was my first season as a tim.

frustrating season with rangers going for thier 3rd treble in 4 seasons but got off to a bad start by winning only 2 out of thier first 10 league games.

celtic blew a lead and ended up in eigth place as a result of having a lot of games postponed.

they never played a league game in january and february and had to play half thier league campaign from march 3rd onwards. they slowly climbed the table and it all rested on the final old firm game, a rangers win or draw would see them in with a chance of the title but celtic won on the night and sadly the game wasnt on tv as a result of a strike.