PDA

View Full Version : The AGM

maroonie
07-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Paul Sheerin took questions from the members tonight after the formal AGM.
For next season Morrison Travis Nicoll and Linn signed and would like to keep another 6 unnamed.
He has been trying to bring in another defender since January but didn't want to bring in just anyone. Had to be good or better than we already had.
Financially profit well down due to less money from league. Also no sponsor for SPFL for next season so far and a fall in income expected if we drop to the bottom league.
He is pondering on continuing to play next season but seemed to lean toward giving it one more season.
Some other general questions about club matters, possibility of bringing in an older defensive player as a player/coach to address our frailty there but it is down to our style of play. Admitted he wanted to try to win games rather than sit in and try to sneak results. Training to be at Dundee twice a week next season if it can be arranged but one member pointed out that training in the wind at Gayfie

timlichtie
08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Sheerin should play on if we drop. Otherwise concentrate on management.

Which 6 to resign? For me, Little, Banjo, Deuchar, Robertson, Scott, Birse. Not sure of the contract status of the youngsters?

lichtie36nilhello
08-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Paul McManus too surely?! We seem to have great difficulty in defending set pieces too, I hope this problem is tackled (excuse the pun) for next season.

timlichtie
08-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Paul McManus too surely?! We seem to have great difficulty in defending set pieces too, I hope this problem is tackled (excuse the pun) for next season.

Agree 100% about McManus. Thought he was already on the signed list. He and Linn have been great in recent weeks. Still think the doc has quality and offers us options in attack.

housecaptain
08-04-2014, 01:09 PM
I too had heard McManus had signed for next season but obviously not.Glad to note that no-body to date has suggested Chisholm.
That would definitely seal my non-attendance next season.