PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Season

needle
07-04-2014, 08:04 PM
A very difficult one to pick in my opinion.
Working from back to front.
Robbo - Has made a massive difference since coming back in.He is past his best,but makes the other two (especially Kean)look like they`ve never played before .
Hanley - A colossus at the heart of our defence and I reckon we could be fighting to keep him this summer.
Spurr - Not the greatest footballer in the world,but no one can question his commitment and enthusiasm.Defensively very good.
Cairney - A joy to watch,very rarely wastes the ball.I know a lot are clamouring for him to play centrally,if he wants to he needs to improve his strength and tackling.
Marshall-I doubted him at first,but he was our best player at the time of his injury.
Conway-Probably not with us long enough to be considered,but his goals and assists in so few games is fantastic.
Dunny-How much do we wish he was 15 years younger and fit.Still gets you on the edge of your seat when he is on the ball.
Gestede-Love the guy,just needs to be more ag

rossendaleareaclaret
07-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Ings tripps vokes marney jones the list could go on and on feels great being a claret :D :D :D :D

pfcsteve72
07-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Ings tripps vokes marney jones the list could go on and on feels great being a claret :D :D :D :DWhat a C.U.N.T

rossendaleareaclaret
07-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Ings tripps vokes marney jones the list could go on and on feels great being a claret :D :D :D :DWhat a C.U.N.T[/quote]

What a hourable word Steve I bet your wife has a big swollen slack one while the whole neighbourhood gets stuck up her while you spend all your time pretending to be a big hard active 657 crew member on the internet you knobhead

Wacked1212
07-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Even the Dingle call Rossendalers thick...I see they're not wrong

rossendaleareaclaret
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM

But we will still be watching premiership football next season flower ;D

champs95
07-04-2014, 10:29 PM

But we will still be watching premiership football next season flower ;D[/quote]

All 13k of you :D

needle
08-04-2014, 05:49 AM
and the Player of the Season is ?????????????????

Despair
08-04-2014, 09:35 AM
and the Player of the Season is ?????????????????

Dickson anyone ??? ;)

needle
08-04-2014, 09:40 AM
The replies to this topic , finally prove that this forum is finished .

champs95
08-04-2014, 10:37 AM
The replies to this topic , finally prove that this forum is finished .

aye, agreed.
It's a shame, this was one of the better FM sites, and I have enjoyed it over the years.

It died a very long time ago.
The endless threads about Burnley are painfully boring.
The continual moaning about how we should be going up - GB is average - our players are average.

Its not about supporting your club, and just because some folk live local and go, but continue to just have a negative impact and never stop moaning, dont help at all.

It took Leicester City 10 years and that manager who everyone suddenly rates - Pearson even longer, to get up out of the Champ. The very same fans who said they would be happy with us finishing 10th suddenly demand we should be going up, based on absolutely nothing.

The comments about Mick McCarthy (easily being able to tactically out-wit GB) showed me its just a case of dying a slow death on here.

Topics

Despair
08-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Being only a relative 'new comer' onto this site I can only comment on what I have observed during that time.

There are many, many reasons for the demise, all of which listed by Champs.

But to me the biggest single factor is/has been the ever increasing deluge of mindless, puerile, abusive postings back and forth between the two sets of brain dead's.
Banter is one thing, but some/much of the stuff degrades down almost to terrace thuggery.
The LT comments for me being the worst. But this site has been catching up.

What disappoints me most is that irrespective of the 'divide' anyone sits on i.e. carrying on despite Venkys, or staying away because of, when personal comment is made and it being critical, or supportive, it gets labelled very neatly as a 'mindless happy clapper' or a 'doom and gloom merchant'.
This is a forum for comment and opinion and given that, in the ideal world all would be treated the same and be valid (as opinion).
I see nothing wrong with any individual witnessi

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 12:00 PM

But we will still be watching premiership football next season flower ;D[/quote]

You will, can't wait to see more of this on Match of the Day ;)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ilik5v.jpg

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
[quote="needle"]A very difficult one to pick in my opinion.
Working from back to front.
Robbo - Has made a massive difference since coming back in.He is past his best,but makes the other two (especially Kean)look like they`ve never played before .
Hanley - A colossus at the heart of our defence and I reckon we could be fighting to keep him this summer.
Spurr - Not the greatest footballer in the world,but no one can question his commitment and enthusiasm.Defensively very good.
Cairney - A joy to watch,very rarely wastes the ball.I know a lot are clamouring for him to play centrally,if he wants to he needs to improve his strength and tackling.
Marshall-I doubted him at first,but he was our best player at the time of his injury.
Conway-Probably not with us long enough to be considered,but his goals and assists in so few games is fantastic.
Dunny-How much do we wish he was 15 years younger and fit.Still gets you on the edge of your seat when he is on the ball.
G

MillHillRover
08-04-2014, 12:14 PM
I see what champs is saying and do agree with some of it but personally im more likely to come down on Despair's side, I'm also an attendee and I come from the Roy Walker catchphrase school of thought which is "say what ya see" after all if I've paid my money surely im entitled to have my say be it positive or negative anyway as I see it as im sure a lot more of ya do the main problem with this board is that it has been left practically un moderated for so long that it might never recover which is very sad as it was once the best Rovers forum by a country mile not so very long ago :( :blue:

Edit

Sorry needs back to O/P Tom Cairney just shades it for me :)

Quickenthetempo
08-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I have been a visitor to this board for years through a couple of users (due to password failures) and disagree about your board.
Roverite kept the board ticking over on his own for large parts but has got busier since. Probably due to Burnley and Blackburn meeting again. Posters come and go, but let's be honest a lot of Rovers fans will not be liking football at the moment after being fed on the Prem for so long. Burnley's success will be the final straw for some.

Despair
08-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Re; the subject in question:

Given the injury absenteeism this term, it is very difficult to determine this award, where normally the most consistent influential player is the recipient.
I cannot quite think of anyone who really fits that criteria. But, with the above in mind I think I would have to agree that Cairney probably shades it.

Tonights match...a hard fought score draw.

robinrover
08-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Without a doubt cairney he pulls the strings and when he was out injured our form went through the floor coincidence??? I don't think so.

Howie5o
08-04-2014, 04:57 PM
The comments about Mick McCarthy (easily being able to tactically out-wit GB) showed me its just a case of dying a slow death on here

...all about opinions Champs ..some you like some you wont ..everyone has their own ideas ..Mick Mcs Ipswich are above us you know ..

BRFC's is full of knobs, this has just died a slow death..

i really do hope youre including yourself in this sweeping statement ..??

The very same fans who said they would be happy with us finishing 10th suddenly demand we should be going up, based on absolutely nothing

I think you ll find that the majority of people on here say we should be doing better than tenth as the seasons gone on ..not promotion ..our record after Xmas is pretty poor ..should be better with what hes had available and with no interference from the powers that be ..

ts not about supporting your club, and just because some folk live local and go, but continue to just have a negative impact and never stop moaning, dont help at all.

...i do my s

AucklandRover
08-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Surely the best tactic is not replying to daft comments from Burnley supporters AT ALL. I mean literally NOT replying, however provocative the comments.
Obviously, this does not include the obvious regulars such as Alf and Stan, but I am sick of Rovers threads being hijacked by the moron element. If we ignore them completely, they are much more likely to go away. Then we can get back to discussing OUR club.

rossendaleareaclaret
09-04-2014, 03:17 PM

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ilik5v.jpg[/quote]

If we look as upset as that next season I dread to think what you clowns will look like at the bottom of the championship ;D

champs95
09-04-2014, 03:21 PM
We finished bottom half last season.

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 05:57 PM

If we look as upset as that next season I dread to think what you clowns will look like at the bottom of the championship ;D[/quote]

Is that really the best you could come up with? You really shouldn't have bothered, you're just showing your lack of wit, imagination and dignity.

Come back when you've got to grips with the art of banter. Alf may be able to help you out there.

(Sorry Aucks, but if there's one thing I can't leave alone, it's childish stupidity.)

rossendaleareaclaret
09-04-2014, 06:03 PM

If we look as upset as that next season I dread to think what you clowns will look like at the bottom of the championship ;D[/quote]

Is that really the best you could come up with? You really shouldn't have bothered, you're just showing your lack of wit, imagination and dignity.

Come back when you've got to grips with the art of banter. Alf may be able to help you out there.

(Sorry Aucks, but if there's one thing I can't leave alone, it's childish stupidi

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I see the truth is a tad upsetting petal

You're getting better, but have a long way to go to redeem yourself.

test
09-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Rhodes.

pfcsteve72
09-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I see the truth is a tad upsetting petal

You're getting better, but have a long way to go to redeem yourself.[/quote]I see numb.nuts is boring you on here too,he seems to have a fetish, going on other teams sites and making an absolute c#nt of himself, by the way, is that Rossey in the picture??? XD

Bobcrompton1896
12-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Id go for Jordan Rhodes,without whom we would be fighting a relegation battle again! Have to say Conway & Gestede have both made a very good contribution since coming from Cardiff,and Kilgallon has made a reasonable stab at filling Danns shoes(a hard act to follow). So all is NOT negative,not by a long chalk.

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Got to be Rhodes for me as well. To keep that scoring ratio going through all the upheaval is a testement to his professionalism and conssitency. We could have done with a lot more of that from other contributors.

I have enjoyed watching Cairney too but not sure he has been utlised properly but that is not his fault.

As to the board I don't contribute when the personal insults start flying as that is totally unproductive. No wonder some contributors have disappeared after some of the comments.

The burnley banter is all part of the game and we would be crowing in their shoes. I just ignire the WUM's

Great to have debates about my football club and hear other opinions. Aucks and Champs see it different to me which is fair enough and they both aften make very good points I do acknowledge. I admit the glass is half empty with many of my comments and that reflects the frustration of the last three years.

We are all the Rovers family essentially and it is great to share our views

seventwo
16-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Rhodes has saved us from relegation two seasons running. He is player of the decade never mind the season.

champs95
16-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Rhodes has saved us from relegation two seasons running. He is player of the decade never mind the season.

Just remember though, he only scores goals & doesn't run about like a headless chicken. Therefore he isn't that good. Nobody in football wants a player who scores goals, it's all about the running about that gets results.

seventwo
16-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Just remember though, he only scores goals & doesn't run about like a headless chicken. Therefore he isn't that good. Nobody in football wants a player who scores goals, it's all about the running about that gets results.[/quote

Quite Champs! :D

Let's get rid of all the Rovers fans on here and be entertained by the Dingles.

champs95
17-04-2014, 06:06 AM

Just remember though, he only scores goals & doesn't run about like a headless chicken. Therefore he isn't that good. Nobody in football wants a player who scores goals, it's all about the running about that gets results.[/quote

Quite Champs! :D

Let's get rid of all the Rovers fans on here and be entertained by the Dingles.[/quote]

I think we just about have Sven. :D