PDA

View Full Version : Danny Rose

danegee
08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Is he unfit or something?

Seems to have lost that gut he had when Arse done us at theirs.
But don't look like he has got the stamina.

I was shocked last night (don't know if anyone else saw it) when he refused to run for a pass from paulinho.
Basically, it was when we were 2-1 up about 10 mins after Kane scored ( not long after the head clash).
Paulino had the ball on the left and Bardsley fell over, there was acres of space down the left and Pauly was waiting to play the ball into it for Rose, but Rose refused to run, held his hand up and didn't go, so Pauly had to turn and shoot and it was deflected over.

What a wasted chance and not really what a footballer should do imo

If anyone taped it have a look it was unbelievable.

sir terence brown
08-04-2014, 09:47 PM
personally feel the captaincy may help danny fulfill his potential.
Some players need that show of faith to really blossom.

DEVONSPUR
08-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Is he unfit or something?

Seems to have lost that gut he had when Arse done us at theirs.
But don't look like he has got the stamina.

I was shocked last night (don't know if anyone else saw it) when he refused to run for a pass from paulinho.
Basically, it was when we were 2-1 up about 10 mins after Kane scored ( not long after the head clash).
Paulino had the ball on the left and Bardsley fell over, there was acres of space down the left and Pauly was waiting to play the ball into it for Rose, but Rose refused to run, held his hand up and didn't go, so Pauly had to turn and shoot and it was deflected over.

What a wasted chance and not really what a footballer should do imo

If anyone taped it have a look it was unbelievable.

He found his level at S'land so suggest we get rid this Summer along with Daws, Kabbs, Walker etc

davee59
09-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Afternoon Devon, I agree with the verdict that Rose is nowhere good enough so sell him to Spam! Of the others I would keep Walker as I think that he has had a better season than last and he can develop if he wants it bad enough.

danegee
11-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Been really disappointed with him this season.
His defending is mediocre, and at time pathetic. His passing has been terrible. He has lost the ball numerous times -mostly doing that stupid shielding thing he does and falls over - when we have conceded or very nearly done.
When he does get forward his crossing is diabolical. However, we did benefit from his inability to pick out Spurs players at Southampton!

Now, this could all stem from the toe injury he suffered. Anyone could see he was fat and unfit when he came back. When he lifted his shirt to wipe his head v Arse I was shocked.
Or, this could be as good as it gets.

I believe we should have been playing Fryers. This would enable either Rose to get fit or give him the kick up the arse he needs.
If he, Fryers, can't be trusted then why have him?

I think Fryers has looked more complete than Rose when he has played.

sir terence brown
14-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Maybe a world cup possibility if he carries on producing the goods.

Been superb most of the season.

Good all round but his main strengths:
Keeps in line with centre halves.
Good communication with rest of the defence.
Superb throw ins, quick and far.
Takes instructions from sherwood superbly.
Very long kick.
'jockeys' the winger superbly.

Overall he's been a real plus point.

DEVONSPUR
14-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Afternoon Devon, I agree with the verdict that Rose is nowhere good enough so sell him to Spam! Of the others I would keep Walker as I think that he has had a better season than last and he can develop if he wants it bad enough.

Evening Davee, Rose had another stinker on Sat but all the blame seemed to be placed on Vlad who didn't play well as he's obviously not fit plus he was pulled back for their 3rd goal!

Pity Soldado wasn't on when we got that pen as he never looks like missing one!

If TS was serious in comparing our performance with L'pool's against AC Milan in Istanbul then he really does need to get a reality check!!

:? :? :? :?

danegee
19-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Rose got an earful of Parks coming off the pitch today. Don't know what about.

It seems that Tim and Co have completely let things get so out of order that he cannot control his staff and all the bolloc-king is done in the public.
Well, they are only taking the lead from the boss.

You keep thinking you're doing ok Tim with your lucky, fluky undeserved wins and draws against bottom half EPL teams.

yid69isbackagain
25-04-2014, 08:57 PM
... is ****