PDA

View Full Version : play offs

alfinyalcabo
08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Just looked at the table now,and its on the cards as you are only 4 points from sixth spot.. KTF.. B)

AucklandRover
08-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Just looked at the table now,and its on the cards as you are only 4 points from sixth spot.. KTF.. B)

The trouble is, Alf, we probably need four wins, which is a tall order.
Now if just one of those recent draws had been a victory... :blue:

Howie5o
08-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Four wins ..maybe five ..quick look at all remaining fixtures ..not many with tough run ins ..but this is the championship ..still in there ..like Auks ..some poor results after Crimbo may just cost us ..but .."well done lads "

AucklandRover
08-04-2014, 09:39 PM
[quote="Howie5o"[/quote]

Howie - I think there is a good chance of our picking up six points in our next two games. Wednesday haven't got much to play for and we should beat Yeovil at home. After that, it gets trickier. Birmingham and Charlton, away, will probably both be desperate for points to avoid relegation, while the final game against Wigan could be one of those crunch-matches, too difficult to call (and one where Dunny should certainly start!).
Still, if our next two games ARE wins, we will at least be going in to the final three full of confidence.
Those poor penalty decisions are now looking even more costly.

Howie5o
08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Howie - I think there is a good chance of our picking up six points in our next two games. Wednesday haven't got much to play for and we should beat Yeovil at home. After that, it gets trickier. Birmingham and Charlton, away, will probably both be desperate for points to avoid relegation, while the final game against Wigan could be one of those crunch-matches, too difficult to call (and one where Dunny should certainly start!).
Still, if our next two games ARE wins, we will at least be going in to the final three full of confidence.
Those poor penalty decisions are now looking even more costly.

Id like to think Wigan will be signed and sealed in the

needle
08-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I dont believe it will happen.

AucklandRover
08-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Alf - we are basking in the glow of all the congratulations from Burnley supporters! ;D
Well done to you for the win at Barnsley too.
Now you have to come to the party and beat Wigan, Ipswich and Reading for us!
Incidentally, everyone, you can see what my friend meant about the up-and-down nature of Ipswich Town. Apparently, they were excellent tonight.
Also, who would have expected Millwall to suddenly beat Forest and Wigan, away? The form in this league is crazy.

DanRrr
08-04-2014, 10:31 PM
KTF.. B)

How I feel about Rovers tonight

;) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJU8yQfckyU)

AucklandRover
09-04-2014, 12:16 AM
If we are looking for midfield dominance during the run-in, we could do worse than the following team:

Etuhu
Lowe Williamson Evans Olsson
Conway Cairney Dunn Taylor
King Mahoney

SUBS: Dabo, Feeney, Morris, Judge, Lenihan, Marrow.

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Do yopu think that line up could achieve 13 points in the next 5 games Aucks? If so there's a chance of the play-off's ;)

champs95
09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Aye, I totally agree that the Play offs are a huge target for us now, and performances over the last 6 games have shown we have fight.
We need to aim for those positions...next season.
We will just miss out this time, but it's heartening to see such positivity on here, only a few weeks after a lot where calling for the managers head.
Back to the balance thing Auks mentioned the other week (after we lost a game) you always try to find balance. Losing a one off match didn't mean we where the worst side in England, the manager hadn't just become a failure. Nor when we win a few matches, are we suddenly play off hopefuls. We have not been in that position all season. We are not ready. But we will finish very close.
I'm looking for us to improve on that next season, which will hopefully see us get in the play offs. That will be our managers second season in full time management.
Does this win over QPR now mean we can give GB a bit more time than next Xmas? Which seemed to be the last sc

Despair
09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
[quote="champs95"]Aye, I totally agree that the Play offs are a huge target for us now, and performances over the last 6 games have shown we have fight.
We need to aim for those positions...next season.
We will just miss out this time, but it's heartening to see such positivity on here, only a few weeks after a lot where calling for the managers head.
Back to the balance thing Auks mentioned the other week (after we lost a game) you always try to find balance. Losing a one off match didn't mean we where the worst side in England, the manager hadn't just become a failure. Nor when we win a few matches, are we suddenly play off hopefuls. We have not been in that position all season. We are not ready. But we will finish very close.
I'm looking for us to improve on that next season, which will hopefully see us get in the play offs. That will be our managers second season in full time management.
Does this win over QPR now mean we can give GB a bit more time

DanRrr
09-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't recall anyone calling for Bowyer's head either. He has been criticised for poorly timed substitutions and some woeful performances by the team, which had led to some poor results. It has been ventured that we'd be in a better position league wise with the current squad if a more experienced manager had been at the helm. That is different from calling for his head. It is venturing opinions.

Also I'm going to have to say that the complaints haven't been about results, they have been about performances. We only got a point against Brighton and let in 2 easy goals. But the overall performance was good and that was reflected in the comments about the game. We lost to Notts Forest, but played well, it was acknowledged.

Last night the team played the best it has in over 7 years, no one that saw could ignore it, nor could they ignore the pub team performance against Bournemouth. For those few of us that still go, we call it how we see it. It's our right as opinionated football fans

test
09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
I agree with Champs, we are not ready yet, maybe next season.

Juninho
13-04-2014, 12:08 AM
looking grim.

champs95
13-04-2014, 08:27 AM
looking grim.

Fkng gimp ...sorry my use of English is poor.

backofthenet
21-04-2014, 05:21 PM
What is certain is that if we win our next game, we go into the wigan match with at least something to play for.

I doubt we will make it, but you never know!

Rvblue
21-04-2014, 05:58 PM
A Rovers v Wigan final now that might just start to get the blood tingling again.

Best bit would be seeing Whelan give the Roa's the Unroyal treatment again live on Sky in front of 90000 for ruining a football institution. Such a public dressing down might result in Balaji getting his pistol out.