PDA

View Full Version : who would settle for...

One_Dean_Ashton
08-04-2014, 09:07 PM
needing to beat Preston on the last day to be guaranteed staying up???

MikeSB
08-04-2014, 11:11 PM

Should there be an 'or' somewhere? ;)

As the only alternative to your scenario is relegation and nobody would settle for that would they?

crewedaft
09-04-2014, 06:35 AM
I would because that would also mean we could draw/ lose and still stay up if other results go our way.

Alex_Crew
09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
I've gone through all of the remaining fixtures and think it will finish:

21 Colchester 46pts
22 Shrewsbury 43
23 Stevenage 42
24 Notts Co 41

I reckon it will come down to the last day of the season between us (Preston H), Carlisle (Wolves A), Tranmere (Bradford H) and Colchester (Walsall A).

Could be the closest finish in many years, and we can't rely on goal difference to keep us up.

One_Dean_Ashton
09-04-2014, 06:50 PM

Should there be an 'or' somewhere? ;)

As the only alternative to your scenario is relegation and nobody would settle for that would they?[/quote]

My 'or' was being safe prior to the last match. Really trying to gauge people's opinions on whether that is possible or going into the last game needed to win is the best that we can hope for?

PAULCAFC
09-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Whatever happens it's going down to the wire for us

somersetcrewe
22-04-2014, 07:51 AM

Whether I'd settle for it or not, history suggests that's the way it's gonna be!
Haven't won at Ashton Gate in our last 10 visits. In fact we've only ever won there once - in 1911!!! :(

50 points will save us. To suggest that wouldn't be enough is saying Notts Co will bag 4pts from 6 - could happen but can't see it - and Carlisle will win 2 of their last 3 - really?? - on their current form??
And even then you have the other 2 on 47 with us. Hardly pulling up trees themselves.

2 draws might even do it - but I won't be nailing my colours to that mast just yet! ;D

Most notable for me though was on P&G yesterday and that regular caller, Andy, (they have a lot of regular callers on that show - Howard, Ben - is it a closed shop? :) ). When pushed by LB, he admitted he thinks we are gone. Always talks a lot of sense that guy, (does he post on here? :) ), a

Proggs
22-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Home form, Stevenage away :(

All our own fault this. It would be worse to go down by a point or so than go down bottom and without hope.

League 2 is horrible. Just over a 1000 at some games yesterday.

PAULCAFC
22-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Blackpool or Morecambe poss next season is the choice!

alexmick
22-04-2014, 04:49 PM
I reckon we have completely thrown it all away after yesterday's superb chance to climb away from the bottom four. Our goal difference could come back to bite us hard. Colchester were there for the taking and Davis and the players let the fans down with a lack lustre performance. He wanted us to be vocal and we were. However, that made not one jot of a difference and had the opposition been more clinical in front of goal, then we would have been staring defeat on the face. The displays against Coventry & Wolves were better than that yesterday.

crewebacca
23-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Take heart people, I see Bristol City 1 CAFC 2 & CAFC 2 Preston 0 and then we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.:star:

somersetcrewe
23-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Take heart people, I see Bristol City 1 CAFC 2 & CAFC 2 Preston 0 and then we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.:star:

A few people on here gave up weeks ago!
No chance of changing their minds now! ;D

I for one can't wait to witness our first victory at AG in a century!!
I just worry about Baldock/Emmanuel-Thomas (does that mean they have 12 on the pitch? ;D) versus Ellis/Duggy! :(

somersetcrewe
26-04-2014, 05:45 PM

I would!! ;D

alexmick
26-04-2014, 07:55 PM

I would!! ;D[/quote]

We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford. I can see both Tranmere and Notts winning those final matches.

We had a great chance last week and did not take it. I am not saying that we cannot stay up, although we certainly have made things very difficult for ourselves and this will put us all through a very stressful afternoon next weekend.

CPM
27-04-2014, 12:07 AM

Great call One Dean Ashton!! Given the season we have have I would def have settled for this. So yeah, bring it on!

somersetcrewe
27-04-2014, 08:36 AM
We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford.

C'mon Mick, forget what's gone, (Colchester et al). Can't do anything about those.
Whose position would you rather have right now? - Crewe's or Tranny's?

As for stressful, don't buy that. Just enjoy it. Give me an end of season like this over mid-table mediocrity any day. Far more exciting. Far more VFM.

Yes, I'd be gutted if we went down after the hard work over the last 2 years - but I don't think that way! A win is the only thing in my sights. I'd imagine Steve will see it similar.

alexmick
27-04-2014, 05:45 PM
We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford.

C'mon Mick, forget what's gone, (Colchester et al). Can't do anything about those.
Whose position would you rather have right now? - Crewe's or Tranny's?

As for stressful, don't buy that. Just enjoy it. Give me an end of season like this over mid-table mediocrity any day. Far more exciting. Far more VFM.

Yes, I'd be gutted if we went down after the hard work over the last 2 years - but I don't think that way! A win is the only thing in my sights. I'd imagine Steve will see it similar.[/quote]

Are you travelling up to Crewe for non-stressful game, Somerset?

I would actually prefer to be in the position of Colchester right now, as they are safe and well and will be playing L1 football next season. Had we have beaten them, and they were there for the taking, there would have been 4 other teams in the

somersetcrewe
27-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Are you travelling up to Crewe for non-stressful game, Somerset?

I've learned a long time ago that it is easier to watch than listen - so with that in mind, and work permitting, (some juggling to do there still), I'm going to do my damnedest to get there.

It feels a bit like 2005 - and I had to work that day. My god, that was hellish listening!!

But not stressful. I've learned a lot about that topic in the past year too. And the trials and tribulations of any football club, let alone my beloved Crewe, pale in comparison.