PDA

View Full Version : Queens v Falkirk

Palmyman
09-04-2014, 09:27 AM
With the Bairns still in with an outside chance of winning the league (only 4 points behind the joint leaders) and Queens going for a play - off spot this game should attract a good crowd. As it is exactly SIX years on Saturday since that fantastic day at Hampden when we beat Aberdeen maybe it is worthwhile Queens management showing the film of the game to the players to inspire the Doonhamers to victory - '' Come on Queens ''

arrol1919
09-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Good to hear Rory Loy is out through suspension for Falkirk . He's a thorn in the side of any defence .

Queens should be fresh after no competitive game last weekend

JRSLEFTPEG
09-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Not much talk of Lewis Kidd . I got my first glimpse of him in Burns testimonial and he looked very useful indeed. I appreciate it was a non competitive game but he looked like he wanted to show a bit of what he is all about . Could well be our hidden weapon going into the last few league games and play offs . If he gets the chance that is .

arrol1919
10-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Not much talk of Lewis Kidd . I got my first glimpse of him in Burns testimonial and he looked very useful indeed. I appreciate it was a non competitive game but he looked like he wanted to show a bit of what he is all about . Could well be our hidden weapon going into the last few league games and play offs . If he gets the chance that is .

Come on folks , there's hardly any talk about Saturdays game on here .

It has the potential to be a cracker - 3rd v 4th .

Doesn't anyone care anymore :(

JRSLEFTPEG
10-04-2014, 08:13 AM
This site is a bit of a dead duck now Arrol. A few of us , yourself included, try to keep it going . Shame because it should be a busy site . I am not so excited about the game on Saturday as I am about our game v Falkirk on 6th May in what I believe will be the first play off game . So whether third or fourth is not so important to me . Obviously , always want Queens to win but lets leave a bit in reverse for the Tues night of the 6th. Yes, I am very confident of fourth place but no higher.

MCMXIX
10-04-2014, 08:31 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/202fl4.jpg

There's still plenty people viewing this site but for whatever reason they don't seem to post as much anymore

rjc_1988
10-04-2014, 11:25 AM
As others have said another big game this weekend.Falkirk have done what I hoped we would do...claw themselves back into the title race. We had a big chance after we beat Falkirk 2-o at home but lost the next two matches.

We need to keep winning or face the possibility that Dumbarton could cut the gap and have home advantage over us shortly.

I am disappointed not to have seen Kidd yet but I can understand why it has been difficult to play him. If as reported he is a full back then it is tough to drop/rest Mitchell especially when his set piece delivery has been outstanding. If he is fully comfortable in midfield then that would be a possibility alongside Burns and McKenna but McShane has been playing well of late.

If we can secure the 4th spot then it may be possible to experiment ahead of Play Offs but unfortunately there is a lot of football to be played before that becomes a reality and I am not taking anything for granted.

Hope we havent missed a trick with Kidd but the good th

JRSLEFTPEG
10-04-2014, 01:12 PM
RJC - Don't know if you were at the game last Saturday. Kidd looked very mobile and relished running quickly with ball at feet taking men on. As I said, it was a friendly but I seen more than enough even so . With minds and bodies tired, this guy could give us a little rocket boost at just the right time .

arrol1919
10-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Kidd was brought in as cover for the now departed Ryan McGuffie , which he's doing on the bench ;)

On a serious note though , I'd of thought he would of featured by now

rjc_1988
10-04-2014, 07:29 PM
jRS

Didn't make the testimonial - if Kidd is a player who runs with the ball at pace sounds ideal for a midfield berth.

Lefty3
10-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Really looking forward to the game on Saturday.
I fancy our chances for a win, can't see the Falkirk forwards causing our defence many problems without Loy.Beck will win his share of headers because of his height, and they have plenty of pace down the flanks.But they are lacking a natural goalscorer.Queens will be at full strength, and it's a case of who the manager leaves out.If fit i would like to see this eleven starting.
1,CLARK
2.MITCHELL
3.HOLT
4.McKENNA
5.HIGGINS
6.DURNAN
7.KIDD
8.BURNS
9.Mc HUGH
10.REILLY
11.PATON

Dowie and Lyle have been brilliant this season, i'd give them a rest on the bench. C'mon Queeeeeeeeens!

fatfan
10-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Dare I say it that I'm confident about this game going on falkirks last performance down here. They looked pretty on the ball but showed little threat up front with only loy causing us any problems, now that he is out then I fancy us to win, unless they have improved that area of there team. It takes a good forward line to breach queens at the moment so for that reason I think we could win this. Probably just gave us the kiss of death though:s

Auld_Chippy
10-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Come on folks , there's hardly any talk about Saturdays game on here .

It has the potential to be a cracker - 3rd v 4th .

Doesn't anyone care anymore :([/quote]

Human nature I suppose that there is not as much posting or discussion about games now that the team has pushed up the league and things are going a lot better. People tend to be more vociferous when they are not happy which provokes discussion on where the blame lies for that situation, when things are going well people seem happy to accept that without the same level of feeling, a

Palmyman
10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I read this is our 110th meeting with the Bairns and we have only won 25 but believe we have a great chance against them if, as Auld Chippy states, our strike force can be more clinical in front of goal

jimmerseybranch
11-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Will be up for the game on Saturday enjoying the hospitality of Palmy. My record so far this season live is no defeats and non conceded, have witnessed a 4-0, 3-0, 2-0 and an abandoned game, should I place my wager on a 1-0 victory for Queens?
Hopefully the South will be up for it as the cash from the play-off games will come in handy. Getting 4th spot and the chance of a shot at the big time would be fantastic, however does the ground meet the standards required for the Premier league. It still smarts a little when I remember having to travel to Airdrie for Queens first game in Europe. Earlier that year I had been in the capital and witnessed what they call a stand for the military tatoo. It was basic to say the least, Will Queens be allowed to use the same company if they go up? Till then just keep the dream alive on Saturday and see off the Bairns. :D

billyqos
11-04-2014, 07:28 AM
JimmyMerseyBeat - why NOT 5-0?

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
[color=blue]This site is a bit of a dead duck now Arrol. A few of us , yourself included, try to keep it going . Shame because it should be a busy site .[/color=blue] I am not so excited about the game on Saturday as I am about our game v Falkirk on 6th May in what I believe will be the first play off game . So whether third or fourth is not so important to me . Obviously , always want Queens to win but lets leave a bit in reverse for the Tues night of the 6th. Yes, I am very confident of fourth place but no higher.

Figures are down on all football sites in general due to the competition from the social media like twitter and facebook. I have tried to promote this site on both platforms but my posts have been deleted and disimissed by some webmasters as spam.

Most of the technical problems associated with this Message Board have been resolved during the upgrade.

I agree some punters are reluctant to post due to the cult

Francis_begbie_HFC
11-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Will be up for the game on Saturday enjoying the hospitality of Palmy. My record so far this season live is no defeats and non conceded, have witnessed a 4-0, 3-0, 2-0 and an abandoned game, should I place my wager on a 1-0 victory for Queens?
Hopefully the South will be up for it as the cash from the play-off games will come in handy. Getting 4th spot and the chance of a shot at the big time would be fantastic, however does the ground meet the standards required for the Premier league. It still smarts a little when I remember having to travel to Airdrie for Queens first game in Europe. Earlier that year I had been in the capital and witnessed what they call a stand for the military tatoo. It was basic to say the least, Will Queens be allowed to use the same company if they go up? Till then just keep the dream alive on Saturday and see off the Bairns. :D

the stadium criteria has changed since the spfl was founded and our st

Dariusz
11-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I think there should be more buzz around this game. This is a warm up for the Play offs and an opportunity to get a early psychological advantage over Falkirk.

It will look to some like 4th place is our realistic final league position but we shouldn't take the play off spot for granted.

We are only a defeat or 2 from surrendering it. Every game is important and we should go for the Premership with everything we have. Lets get behind the team.

JRSLEFTPEG
11-04-2014, 05:37 PM
[quote="Dariusz"]I think there should be more buzz around this game. This is a warm up for the Play offs and an opportunity to get a early psychological advantage over Falkirk.

It will look to some like 4th place is our realistic final league position but we shouldn't take the play off spot for granted.

We are only a defeat or 2 from surrendering it. Every game is important and we should go for the Premership with everything we have. Lets get behind the team.[i/quote Don't think the result tomorrow is going to matter in the psychological stakes regarding a proposed play off between us . Loy is missing which is a blow to them but he will be back next time we meet . I know it might seem like I am jumping ahead to some but my logic is quite simple . We are undoubtedly the best side in the league OUTSIDE the top three and that will mean we will be there come May 6th.

JRSLEFTPEG
11-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Admin , apologise for the "dead duck" comment . A bit cheeky if you consider the hard work you and Alec have put in over the years . Some posters have gone but some new ones have replaced them and a lot of these guys make very good points . Qos Mad is still the best way to get out your personal Queens viewpoints amongst similarly minded people and in the cycle of success/ failure , can and will be back up there again.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
11-04-2014, 07:20 PM
[quote="JRSLEFTPEG" comment . A bit cheeky if you consider the hard work you and Alec have put in over the years . Some posters have gone but some new ones have replaced them and a lot of these guys make very good points . Qos Mad is still the best way to get out your personal Queens viewpoints amongst similarly minded people and in the cycle of success/ failure , can and will be back up there again.[/quote]

No apology needed JRSLEFTPEG - we appreciate your support along with many others for this site and long may it continue ...

fruitloop
12-04-2014, 12:40 AM
a draw v falkirk would be a good result then the bigest week of the season with our game in hand and an away trip to dumbarton two huge games and two wins should see us guarenteed 4th spot

dont think we should push for 3rd just keep 4th and be fresh for playoffs

team v falkirk
clark
mitchell
durns
higgy
holt

mckenns
mcshane
burns
kidd

paton
reilly

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
12-04-2014, 05:45 AM
I know for a fact that this board is read regularly by someone at Palmy and constructive posts are taken seriously whereas
I suspect that the rantings on the social media are largely ignored ...

JRSLEFTPEG
12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
The big gate at the Portland End blew open before the game and I am reliably informed that quite a few people got in for nothing . The official gate will be a little less than actually there.

qosinIraq
12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Queens starting 11: Clark (GK), Mitchell, Higgins, McKenna, Durnan, Dowie, Burns, McShane, McHugh, Reilly, Paton

Queens Substitutes: Antell (GK), Lyle, Russell, Dzierzawski, Young, Kidd, Holt

Dariusz
12-04-2014, 04:13 PM
worst possible day. Defeat & Dumbarton winning.

48 points each. Our game in hand at Kirkcaldy is crucial now, not to mention away to Dumbarton next Saturday.

Lets hope we can take a big travelling support to both games and make 4th place ours.

Massive 2 games in the next week. Cmon Queens!!

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Not much went right for Queens today - Queens unlucky in first when they hit woodwork. Fairly even until Falikrk hit us with a one two but Queens roared back and against a ten man Bairns should have taken more from the match but the woodwork again came to the visitor's rescue.

Queens now have a fight on their hands to secure a play-off place - are they up to it ? - hold on to your seats !

Lefty3
13-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Very disappointed with yesterday's performance and result. Two very nervous looking sides, game didn't liven up until the 2nd half.Queens should have had a draw at least but a combination of bad luck and poor finishing let them down.
I thought that creatively the midfield were poor,
and we played a lot better when the subs came on using the wings more.Far too many side to side passes for my liking, they need to be more direct and get the ball forward quicker.We would never have had a better chance of beating Falkirk but the players blew it.Let's hope they can re-group and put two high standard performances in for the next two games. Up the Queens!

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
13-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Very disappointed with yesterday's performance and result. Two very nervous looking sides, game didn't liven up until the 2nd half.Queens should have had a draw at least but a combination of bad luck and poor finishing let them down.
I thought that creatively the midfield were poor,
and we played a lot better when the subs came on using the wings more.Far too many side to side passes for my liking, they need to be more direct and get the ball forward quicker.We would never have had a better chance of beating Falkirk but the players blew it.Let's hope they can re-group and put two high standard performances in for the next two games. Up the Queens!

You echo my sentiments entirely - we didn't do too much wrong but Dowie's fatal error for the second Bairns goal was crucial.

I thought we should have started with Lyle but this result seems to sum up our season - so near yet so far away!

The Dumbarton game could be the decider and a go

rjc_1988
13-04-2014, 09:00 AM
We have only accumulated 7 points out of a possible 36 points against the top 3 and considering that there is little if anything beyween ourselves and these teams that makes very painful reading indeed.

In my opinion we have the best left back in the league sitting on the bench and while Holt's inclusion may not have influenced the result it is absolutely ***** that we get the shape of the team right to give ourselves the best possible chance of success. Higgins and Dowie are both good players but they are competing for one spot accompanying Mark Durnan in central defence. Personally I would go with Higgy for the Raith game but Holt should be one of the firsts on the teamsheet. I would be surprised if 90%+ of the regular Queens support dont agree with this view?

Yesterday we were really struggling and at 2-0 down we made two changes. Personally I feel that Lyle has been playing well of late and should have started ahead of McHugh but with nothing to lose why not give Russell a g

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
13-04-2014, 09:11 AM
[quote="rjc_1988"]We have only accumulated 7 points out of a possible 36 points against the top 3 and considering that there is little if anything beyween ourselves and these teams that makes very painful reading indeed.

In my opinion we have the best left back in the league sitting on the bench and while Holt's inclusion may not have influenced the result it is absolutely ***** that we get the shape of the team right to give ourselves the best possible chance of success. Higgins and Dowie are both good players but they are competing for one spot accompanying Mark Durnan in central defence. Personally I would go with Higgy for the Raith game but Holt should be one of the firsts on the teamsheet. I would be surprised if 90%+ of the regular Queens support dont agree with this view?

Yesterday we were really struggling and at 2-0 down we made two changes. Personally I feel that Lyle has been playing well of late and should have started ahead of McH

rjc_1988
13-04-2014, 10:27 AM
I must admit that I didnt notice any material dip in form from Holt...like everybody else some of his performances could have been better but where do we draw the line?. If we were to drop others as ruthlessly as Holt has been dropped we would be changing the core of the team every game!

The key point for me is that when Holt plays you have an attacking threat on both flanks from the full back area - add Holt's height, pace, dribbling ability and potentially you have a a very decent player on your hands.

If he is carrying an injury and is unfit I am a great believer that you should not be on the bench...you are either fit to play or not? We have enough good squad players who are 100% fit to cover the odd injury/suspension.

Higgins is a very good left central defender and an adequate replacement left back if Holt is injured but if Holt is fit in my opinion we are missing a trick.If he is unfit I dont expect to see him on the bench.

The real test of Queens is coming up in next two ga

Tam_o_Terregles
13-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Meh! Falkirk got themselves a really good result in another close game between the sides.
They have a knack of getting the points when they scarcely deserve them.
Thought their first was a really well worked and taken goal and their shape and movement when they got forward was impressive. They also looked the part at set plays.
Having said that, we should have taken something from the game. McHugh and Reilly work really hard but they don't link particularly well, it seems to me. It's almost like playing two lone strikers! When Del came on, the combination play was much better. I wasn't happy to see Paton leave the field though.
At least the play-offs are making the last few games meaningful - even if they are so biased in favour of the second bottom club.

Do we want to go up at this time?

Auld_Chippy
13-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Manager's comments in the press after yesterday's game: "There's a confidence, determination, physical and mental strength in our play". Yes that's the Falkirk Manager of course talking about his team, but he could have been highlighting everything that was missing from Queens' performance for two-thirds of this game. My impression was that we didn't look up for this game from the start. The players shouldn't need any motivation in trying to hang on to 4th spot or even aim higher, just as well 'cos Mr. McIntyre didn't provide much as he stood at the sidelines with hands stuck in his pockets or his arms folded as if he was happy just to accept what was happening. Contrast that to his opposite number in the away dug-out who was out cajoling, instructing and driving his players on the whole game.
Our central defensive pairing, which has been strong lately, looked shaky, Falkirk's number 4, Durojaiye, ran the midfield without much of a challenge and our front two pairing didn't link up we

nithvalley
13-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Killie fans say the same about Magic - I didn't see him jumping around for us last season either but we seemed to do alright !

I think this issue matters more to some fans than to the players or their performance.

I am sure it doesn't make a bit of difference to what happens on the field.