PDA

View Full Version : Sadlad to make his mark?

Oldtimeram
09-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Vote for for BoB - view external link (http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/fan-of-the-season-2014-1463051.aspx#SqH6y28BCBFm2w0V.99)

lazaat
09-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I've already voted for Dave

Oldtimeram
09-04-2014, 08:18 PM
I voted for Oldtimeram ;D

Dave, you have at least two votes anyway! :D

lazaat
09-04-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm entering the Burnley AND Derby fan of the season

gaz1959
09-04-2014, 10:13 PM
BoB O JOB DONE B)

lazaat
10-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Dave has not been seen on here for a long time, i think you lads have upset him :blue:

Oldtimeram
10-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I think he has got bored with forums and he prefers to post on Face Ache. On the other hand it could be down to us upsetting him

alfinyalcabo
10-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Done and dusted my votes gone in for sadlad .B)

callumbustop
11-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Me too!!

sadlad
12-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Cheers folks. Thanks for your support. Much appreciated. :D

sadlad
12-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Yes keep mainly to Facebook these days involved in a few WFC fans F/B sites. Also recently got involved in something which really appeals (see enclosed link) which involves a lot of research into what we are hoping to do with the association. Also involves speaking to / interviewing former players and a few sections of the press. Also involved in a spreading the word with a few charitable things so very little spare time of late. - view external link (http://www.walsallfctrust.org.uk/news70_fpa_historian.htm)

tintinlostsnowy
12-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Add another vote so that's 5 already :D

lazaat
12-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Add another vote so that's 5 already :D

If you voted for Dave thats 6 of us so far Tin Tin.

Oldtimeram
13-04-2014, 01:00 AM
7 assuming Sadlad voted for himself

tintinlostsnowy
13-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Oops forgot to add my vote so it is 6 and possibly 7 if Sadlad votes for himself :)

gaz1959
13-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Busy bee then sadlad - good for you B)

you still keeping an eye on TM?

sadlad
13-04-2014, 11:03 PM
No mate not voting for myself! Yes still home in on TM now and then.

Altobelli
14-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Another vote from me Dave.

Hope you are enjoying your facebook venture, I have never been on facebook or twitter as I feel it's not for me, something tells me its not right inviting the whole world into your life and in effect killing the art of basic communication.

lion1
14-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Cheers folks. Thanks for your support. Much appreciated. :D

Well done Dave,keep us imformed

paderbornclaret
14-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Another vote from me Dave.

Hope you are enjoying your facebook venture, I have never been on facebook or twitter as I feel it's not for me, something tells me its not right inviting the whole world into your life and in effect killing the art of basic communication.

XD XD the earth is flat. ;)

Alto...FB is fine. You can regulate who and what sees your pics, posts and info. Great for catching up with old mates, who now live on the otherside of the world. You can have an account with whatever you choose, so as to be 'anonymous' and just befriend Bobs if you wish B)

Twitter is for stalkers though...and weirdos.

Altobelli
14-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I understand all that Paders, but to me its just killing the way we relate with each other, in even the simplest of ways, young children growing up with Facebook or Twitter or both, not knowing how to start a conversation face to face let alone have a conversation because they interact too much with a keyboard and don't know how.

Facebook is everywhere, Apps we download can be played on Facebook, Adds say find us on facebook, To get onto our Website you need to enter Facebook, Get a great bonus for being involved with Facebook, Follow us on Facebook, Find me on Facebook, NO, If I want to find you I'll call round or ring you.

Finding long lost friends is fine Paders, and I can understand it for that purpose, but for the majority its many folks new way and only way of interaction, which to me is a loss for everyone.

paderbornclaret
14-04-2014, 04:46 PM
I do understand where you're coming from...or as they write on FB 'were your coming from'...XD XD

One thing that gets me, is that written English has become embarrassing. The more people type, the worse they get. Not saying I'm Keats...but ffs!!

Sometimes I sit here and look across...the wife is on her tablet, the kids are on their mobiles...'chatting' to others...then I think I'm just as bad :/ It gets worrying when you send a message to ask the wife to put the kettle on...XD

sadlad
23-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks to all for your fantastic support. Means a lot . Still waiting to hear. WFC keeping their cards very much close to their chest.

Good points made there Alto re F/B and Twitter. Twitter now I seldom use but F/B a bit of an addict. I don't disclose anything personal about my self on there at all...just use it to advertise things Im interested in and to spread the word.

As you all know WWF as a m/b as dead as. The bigger Walsall one Up The Saddlers announced they to close in June...and they have 5 times the amount of posters as WWF...Forums in general are dying out...sad times I must admit.

Oldtimeram
23-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Thanks to all for your fantastic support. Means a lot . Still waiting to hear. WFC keeping their cards very much close to their chest.

Good points made there Alto re F/B and Twitter. Twitter now I seldom use but F/B a bit of an addict. I don't disclose anything personal about my self on there at all...just use it to advertise things Im interested in and to spread the word.

As you all know WWF as a m/b as dead as. The bigger Walsall one Up The Saddlers announced they to close in June...and they have 5 times the amount of posters as WWF...Forums in general are dying out...sad times I must admit.

i reckon i am a dinosaur. I will never use Face Ache

dudley_saddler
27-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Twitter is for stalkers though...and weirdos.

Spot on Padders with what you say about Twitter, i use Facebook a lot, I enjoy using it. I only have friends on there that I want to have, when it gets boring I'll find so etching else I guess.