PDA

View Full Version : Player of the year ?

MCMXIX
10-04-2014, 09:50 AM
It's that time of year again . With on 5 league games remaining , who'll be getting your Player of the Year award this season ?

For me it's got to be Mark Durnan . Wasn't in the managers plans at the start of the season but worked his way back in and has been absolutely superb in the middle of defence .

Arise Sir Durnan

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zr2syu.jpg

arrol1919
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Iain Russell would of been my early season nomination but he's had a quieter second half of the season .

I'd probably agree that Mark Durnan has been pretty consistent & he'd get my vote also

Palmyman
10-04-2014, 08:40 PM
stick - on to get 2 or 3 of the supporters clubs awards imo

fatfan
11-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Close one to call between durnan and Mitchell but think I'll go with Mitchell as his deliveries into the box this year have provided so many game changing goals.

Dariusz
11-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Mark Durnan without question.

aloreburn
11-04-2014, 11:32 AM
What better way to prove the manager was wrong not starting him at the start of the season than be voted player of the year by the fans

My vote would also go to Mark Durnan

with Gavin Reilly as young player of the year , although I suppose Durns could/should win that also :)

JRSLEFTPEG
11-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Mark Durnan without question. Russell would have been early contender but has faded . Zander Clark has been excellent as well , infact saved our season in my opinion. He has a bright future and I will watch with interest.

fruitloop
12-04-2014, 12:14 AM
for me mckenna without doubt only player in midfield with bite and determination we never win big games without him

durnan second place with holt a close third

Palmyman
16-04-2014, 07:23 PM
We have only taken 7 points out of 36 against the top 3 teams if McKenna played or not so don't agree Loopy. Big Durnan is odds - on I would say.

jimmerseybranch
17-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Yes have only seen the Queens live on 5 occasions this season but have to say that big Mark is my nomination.
Top of the young boys is tied between Holty and Gavin.
Loan player of the season would be Zander.
Old head/much missed man of the season (who Queens could do with out on the field in the last few games and the play offs) would be Derek Young.

TOSHSON
17-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Mark Durnan by a country mile! This lad will end up playing at a very high grade of football and it wouldn't surprise me if one day he doesn't end up playing for his country ,thats how much I rate him!

Dariusz
17-04-2014, 09:06 PM
totally concur with that Toshson. I think if Mark Durnan continues his development as a footballer at the current pace he will easily ply his trade in the top league in Scotland and maybe beyond in the forseeable future.

Palmyman
25-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Mark Durnan picked up the Sanquhar QOS Supporters Club player of the year award to add to the one from the Barflies and is odds - on to add to that tomorrow at Palmerston when the other
presentations take place. Nice to see a decent turnout of players up at Sanquhar - as well as Durnan, Burns, McKenna, Clark, Russell, youth players Weir and Kerr plus assistant manager Gerry McCabe were in attendance.

jardi
25-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Big Mark Durnan for me.

I thought about it for less than one second when I saw the topic title, so I was pleased for the lad when I saw that most people thought the same way.

deek5trans
25-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Another one for Mark Durnan. He's been a stand out.

In a way puzzled as to why he keeps signing for us when he clearly should / could be playing at a higher level.

2nd choice would probably be Gavin Reilly.

aloreburn
26-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Surprise surprise , Big Durns scoops all the supporter clubs awards ;)

Well done , well deserved indeed

mainstandman59
26-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Surprise surprise , Big Durns scoops all the supporter clubs awards ;)

Well done , well deserved indeed

Durnan has been outstanding and deserved his awards. Personally though, nothing against Kevin Holt, but my choice for young player would have been Gav. 12 Goals is a pretty decent return at this level- hope he shakes off his injury in time for the play-off games.