PDA

View Full Version : Squad

needle
11-04-2014, 06:17 AM
I reckon we only have around 17 players we should keep.
Robinson
Keane (loanee)
Killgallon
Hanley
Spurr
Taylor
Marshall
Lowe (to play RB)
Williamson (only just makes it)
Evans
Cairney
King
Conway
Dunn
Rhodes
Gestede
Mahoney
So we need two keepers.
A right back
A left back
A centre half
A centre forward
That would give us a good 23 man squad.Then we could also have some coming through the ranks to add to the squad.

AucklandRover
11-04-2014, 09:49 PM
I reckon we only have around 17 players we should keep.
Robinson
Keane (loanee)
Killgallon
Hanley
Spurr
Taylor
Marshall
Lowe (to play RB)
Williamson (only just makes it)
Evans
Cairney
King
Conway
Dunn
Rhodes
Gestede
Mahoney
So we need two keepers.
A right back
A left back
A centre half
A centre forward
That would give us a good 23 man squad.Then we could also have some coming through the ranks to add to the squad.

Not much I'd argue with there, Needle.
I would retain Adam Henley, however. I know he has looked dodgy at times this season, but he is still only 19, and mistakes at full-back are more glaring than in any other out-field position. You know what they say: good decision-making comes from experience, but experience only comes from making bad decisions!
I would also argue that we don't need TWO new keepers. This guy Raya sounds to be a very good player, and we could perhaps keep one from Kean and Eastwood as cover till Ray

needle
12-04-2014, 05:49 AM
I dont know much about Raya,so cant comment.If he turns out to be Robbos successor then OK keep Eastwood.
I wont argue about Henley,but if we want promotion we need someone for now.
Dabo we havent seen and while he has been with us there have been oppurtunities to play him and GB has gone with others.So I reckon he is not good enough.

Bobcrompton1896
21-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Think your about right on the squad to keep,Needle. Given that Burnley appear to have walked it this season with a small squad that has cost zero pence,maybe we should try the same!!
Only try to sign Keane(if possible)from Man.Utd and shift nearly everyone you havent mentioned,which could include a dozen or so loan players being returned.:(
Goodwillie I would be tempted to persevere with and keep. I reckon a shake-up and shift-out of the backroom staff is long overdue,given our continual injury problems!!