PDA

View Full Version : It's signing time again

jwok
11-04-2014, 03:43 PM
With Lasley, Hammell, McManus, McFadden, Ainsworth, Hutchinson, Hollis and Reid out of contract at the end of the season it's decision time for the management. Who gets an offer? - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/its_signing_time_again_830247/index.shtml)

wellin
11-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I think we have to let hollis go to get another keeper in place for next season. Other than that if we can possibly keep what we have i'd be quite happy with that. Hutchison is all but away, if we could keep reid at right back we could use ramsden as hutchies replacement.

FirParkCapeTown
12-04-2014, 06:06 PM
let Hollis go and try to keep the rest. If we could find a commanding keeper (and therefore greatly improve our defending of crosses) then 'same again' would keep me happy. It is the best we can expect with budget restriction. btw, why is the meedya not haranguing the SPFL leadership for the lack of sponsorship, particularly the league sponsor

Wellup4it
12-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I would let Lee Hollis go. Hutchy I reckon is certain to leave. I'd keep Craig Reid as he is versatile and can play in 3 different positions - just the kind of player we need. I'd let Simon Ramsden go - he's a good player when he's playing but the problem is that he doesn't play often enough due to injury.

Gowboy
12-04-2014, 06:43 PM
It's all speculation at this stage, but for what it's worth here's my thoughts:
Hammell - 2 year contract; Las - 1 year contract; McManus - 2 year contract; Faddy - 1 year contract (on reduced terms if he will take it); Reid - 1 year contract; Ainsworth - 2 year contract (although I question if he will stay as I think he will get offers from down south).
Hutch will leave; Hollis not offered contract (and I feel sorry for this guy as he has been unlucky with injury).
Also, I would aim to extend John Suttonaiis contract (I assume finishes end of next season); I do not see Bob McHugh being offered a contract.
I think we need cover at left back (ZFA not a full back, in my view) but rest of defence well covered with Ramsden, Kerr and Reid all able to play centre half or right back. Adam Cummins - do not know what his contract situation is. He could still turn out to be a good player for us and I would happy for him to stay, although it might be he 'takes' a contact that could be offered to