PDA

View Full Version : v Sheff Weds

Howie5o
11-04-2014, 05:15 PM
hmmm ...tough game ..especially with all that will be going on prior to the game etc ..but a happy hunting for Rhodes got all four for Huddersfield in a 4-4 draw there ..plus one for Rovers last season ...i just think we wont get beat ..il leave it at that

rossendaleareaclaret
11-04-2014, 09:19 PM
It's gone very quiet on this board since we have become the dominant force of east Lancashire

AucklandRover
11-04-2014, 10:00 PM
1-2. There is a lot more in this game for Rovers than Wednesday.

Despair
12-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I would like to think that we can kick on a little further with our current form and pick up a win. It may well be that the irony in this is that that we could well emerge as the 'most in form team' for the closure of the season but not actually be 'in the mix' at the death.
That would inevitably cause many a rueful comment regarding those seemingly unnecessary points dropped in the last two months.

But that's football, there are two teams on the pitch both vying for the points, and many a team in the top half of the table all vying for that third, fourth, fifth, sixth spot.
The truth is that in the end though the table never lies and each team not quite making it will have their own thoughts/reasons for this, we are no different than any other.

As for the comment re; the quietness of this board. It may well strike Ross that much of this is to do with his fellow compatriots actually now starting to give up on the boring bating, as by and large our support as risen above it and glowin

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Despair the danger is getting enthusuastic about it again.

Really thought we were in with a shout of the play offs at least before both Wigan away and Bolton away.

Both Hanley and Bowyer showed their inexperience at those critical points in time and it was all for nowt.

I just think we bottle it when it matters. We have not yet got Burnley and Leicester's resolve at the moment.

Despair
12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Despair the danger is getting enthusuastic about it again.

Really thought we were in with a shout of the play offs at least before both Wigan away and Bolton away.

Both Hanley and Bowyer showed their inexperience at those critical points in time and it was all for nowt.

I just think we bottle it when it matters. We have not yet got Burnley and Leicester's resolve at the moment.

As I say : That would inevitably cause many a rueful comment regarding those seemingly unnecessary points dropped in the last two months.!

Know where you are coming from. And, you are as I also say: 'saying how you see it' (seen by some as complaining ;D )
For me never saw us as contenders from the start, but this new build side has shown over the last two months that they actually had the 'potential', they just had to be set up more offensively.
Just my humble opinion, whilst still respecting GB's position and achievements in getting us to this point.
No

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
You've made a point many poeple miss Despair, there are 2 teams playing for points. Shef Wed have a had a decent run lately themselves. Win lose or draw this one, it's how we do it that counts. I can't make it, so I won't really know. If we do win, it'll get hopes up a bit, but it seems to be the case that if we win, so does everyone around us, and if lose, so does everyone around us. I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of the play-offs regardless. The only reason I'd like to go up is for the AŁ52 renewal XD

All in all, play like we did on Tuesday and it's 2 or 3 nil to Rovers. Play like we did the week before that and it's 2 - 2 play like we did a couple of weeks before that and ir's 2 0 to Sheffield Wed. Funny old game where consistency is a phrase to be avoided.

COYBs!!!

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Agree about being more positvie and fair do's to Bowyer we are seeing more of that recently.

Defending deep and laying off the opposition caused us problems earlier this season but then confidence affects that and makes players naturally drop back so again Bowyer has improved things in that respect recently.

Conway, Gestede and Rhodes certainly are asking more of the opposition than when we played the overcautious one up front . King and Marshall when fit do the same so there is more to worry about from us. Keane's move to dight back has also provided greater stability there so another step forward as has the return of Robinson.

The real issue remains midfield and our ablity to control a game from there both defensively and offensively.

Howie5o
12-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Agree about being more positvie and fair do's to Bowyer we are seeing more of that recently.

Defending deep and laying off the opposition caused us problems earlier this season but then confidence affects that and makes players naturally drop back so again Bowyer has improved things in that respect recently.

Conway, Gestede and Rhodes certainly are asking more of the opposition than when we played the overcautious one up front . King and Marshall when fit do the same so there is more to worry about from us. Keane's move to dight back has also provided greater stability there so another step forward as has the return of Robinson.

The real issue remains midfield and our ablity to control a game from there both defensively and offensively.

When the midfield/forwards press like they have done in the last couple of games its put the opposition on the back foot and made them go long ..instead of sitting back and inviting trouble like w

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Howie the fitness issue has certainly been a problem too as manifested in all the injuries.

Hope Bowyer realises there is still another step required to be made on that front along with the mental determination to go on winning runs.

Souness had that and so do Dyche and Pearson. Shame Evans is injured again today as he brings some of that to our engine room.

champs95
12-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Howie the fitness issue has certainly been a problem too as manifested in all the injuries.

Hope Bowyer realises there is still another step required to be made on that front along with the mental determination to go on winning runs.

Souness had that and so do Dyche and Pearson. Shame Evans is injured again today as he brings some of that to our engine room.

Souness had that and so do Dyche and Pearson.

It took Pearson 10 years and lots and lots of money, a very big club are Leicester City, to gain promotion and 'have that'. It most certainly didnt happen within one season, his first one. Im suprised this appears to be over-looked.
10 years is a very long time. Leicester had to be very very patient (they even sacked him once) for him to 'have it' I just wonder if we will be as patient. I can bet my life it wont take GB or Rovers 10 years, whilst Pearson (whom I quite like) is being talked up.
The other lad ...lets just let the

Howie5o
12-04-2014, 11:28 AM

It took Pearson 10 years and lots and lots of money, a very big club are Leicester City, to gain promotion and 'have that'. It most certainly didnt happen within one season, his first one. Im suprised this appears to be over-looked.
10 years is a very long time. Leicester had to be very very patient (they even sacked him once) for him to 'have it' I just wonder if we will be as patient. I can bet my life it wont take GB or Rovers 10 years, whilst Pearson (whom I quite like) is being

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Champs if we have the time that's great but the messages coming from the finances are that we do not.

Agree on the point you make on Pearson and last years loss to Watford must have beena gut wrencher after the penalty miss.

As I have been saying all season we need Bowyer to be a quick learner. He has dropped some real balls this year and he cannot afford repeat errors if we are to get the financial sword of damaclese removed from above our heads.

Despair
12-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Champs,
WADR we do clearly understand where you are coming from and no one is disagreeing with you (as far as I can make out:).
It would be fantastic if GB came good, and in as long as it took/takes, the man merits it.

However, I think many are viewing this (our last few years of turmoil, and its subsequent 'penalty' bestowed upon us by incompetent owners) as being a situation where we just may not have that 'luxury'.

I can honestly say that I cannot clearly determine where we will be in 2 to 3 years time. This because I cannot determine just what our owners reaction is going to be against the backdrop of FFP. In addition their continued apparent carrying (as loans of course) the massive debt.
I cannot see us being a 'renewed' marketable product towards any potential suitor/buyer for the foreseeable.
A promotion windfall would of course give us a baseline to make life oh so more comfortable.
But, as seen with BFC, Bolton and moreso B'Pool FC sometimes all that windfall somehow some w

champs95
12-04-2014, 12:42 PM

10 years is a very long time. Leicester had to be very very patient (they even sacked him once) for him to 'have it' I just wonder if we will be as patient. I can bet my life it wont take GB or Rovers 10 years,

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 03:29 PM
60 minutes gone, 3 -1 up, other results, (aside from Brighton) looking good. What will happen in the next 30 minutes and will it give us ideas above our station?

Edit: well although I can't see it, it appears that the whole team are pushing forward, fromm the BBC:

57:55

Attempt blocked. Michael Keane (Blackburn Rovers) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Thomas Spurr.

Howie5o
12-04-2014, 03:35 PM
60 minutes gone, 3 -1 up, other results, (aside from Brighton) looking good. What will happen in the next 30 minutes and will it give us ideas above our station?

One game at a time young Dan ..XD ..COYB!!

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 03:42 PM
2 - 3 now, squeeky bum time XD

Howie5o
12-04-2014, 03:45 PM
2 - 3 now, squeeky bum time XD

yeah ..i was too busy looking at other results /table and didnt realise Weds had pulled one back ..:(

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I take it you've been will Charton to score 2 XD

A question Howie, do you believe in... - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUYZMcECeF4)

Howie5o
12-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I take it you've been will Charton to score 2 XD

A question Howie, do you believe in...

XD no..i fckinn dont Dan ...
3-3 ..my giddy ant ..:/

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh well, keeps our feet on the ground! XD

Rvblue
12-04-2014, 05:01 PM
As we said before the game

Mental toughness and ability to control the game from midfield

Bowyers must do's for next season.

Question is can he fix it.

DanRrr
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Hard to say RV.

But it's got to remembered that today of all days was the worst to play Sheffield Wed. There was more than football to take into account. They didn't get the equaliser until into 94 mins. Seem's they did OK again. But haven't seen it.

AucklandRover
12-04-2014, 08:36 PM
At least GB's comments on the official site are not full of the bizarre ramblings we got from SK.
It was suggested earlier this season that he was too friendly with the players, but he is certainly calling a spade a spade today. He even goes so far as to criticise the front players as well as the defence.
He also identifies the naivety in injury-time that meant we weren't playing the percentages to protect the lead at that stage.
It would have been nice to have David Dunn's cool head available during those minutes, but it is good to see that Bowyer can analyse a match without excuses.
That's probably it for the play-offs, although some of the other games have gone our way.
I've just looked down the list of results and again shaken my head at the unpredictability of this division.

Juninho
13-04-2014, 12:02 AM
How Rovers never got 3 point, i never know.

braggyowl
13-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Really don't know how you think that mate because how we never got three points I'll never know!
The one that Nuhiu fluffed when one on one with your keeper..Speaking of which, Robinson pulled another couple of world class saves off in the game.
And right at the end when we made it 3-3 we really SHOULD have taken the lead just after that to make it 4-3...

I know how you feel though..I felt exactly the same last Tuesday night at Forest.

Good luck in your remaining games and tbh I reckon there's still a chance you could finish in the play offs...Hope you do. :)