PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY APRIL 12TH 2008

PARKGATEQOS
12-04-2014, 10:01 AM
The majority of Queens fans will know that today marks the 6th anniversary since that famous day in the clubs history, the epic Scottish Cup Semi Final 4-3 win over Aberdeen. Personally, (and I can be very honest with my wife!!) it was one of the best days of my life. The whole day from start to finish(and the finish was well into Sunday the 13th!!)was absolutely FANTASTIC. If I could have bottled that day to enjoy it again then i would most certainly have done so. The memories of which there were many, will last with me forever. From the moment I awoke on that morning with the most excitement that i can recall since being a few years old on Christmas morning to getting dressed with Kilt,my Father's blue blazer,Queens Semi-Final top and blue MAKE UP to making my way with my Son to catch the New Bazaar bus at the bus stop at Parkgate. The memory of standing there watching bus after bus going by tooting their horns was brilliant. Finally our bus arrived and the day just went up a notch.

palmylad
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Left Hampden Park that day totally stunned to what we'd just witnessed . It never really sunk in until we arrived back in Dumfries around tea time ( after a short beverage stop in Moffat )

It remains my most memorable Queens game ever , even beating the final :)