PDA

View Full Version : tayside final

skippy91
12-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Now that sevco fc have failed in their bid to double their trophy haul in their history lets hope that the tosserz from ****todrie (with their apparent media and self proclaimed return to the big time) get humped tomorrow and its an all Tayside final.. with a utd win. Would surely guarantee Europe football next season. :D

bheron
12-04-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree, I would like to see St Johnstone do it tomorrow, but I feel that Aberdeen will be to strong for them..

As for "The Rangers" you are being a bit hard on them. They have already Two trophies, so a win would not have doubled their tally. Mind you the way their finances are going, they will be lucky to be around long enough to double that :D

Wellup4it
12-04-2014, 06:28 PM
From a selfish point of view I hope that St Johnstone get nowhere near the final. That makes European qualification for us easier.

mix106
12-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Now that sevco fc have failed in their bid to double their trophy haul in their history lets hope that the tosserz from ****todrie (with their apparent media and self proclaimed return to the big time) get humped tomorrow and its an all Tayside final.. with a utd win. Would surely guarantee Europe football next season. :D

Its hardly self proclaimed it's reality they already have silverware , will be runners up in the league and will probably win the Scottish Cup, its thats not returned to the big time I'm ******ed if I know what is. They've capitalised when they've put together a decent team .. thats the of the game.

mix106
12-04-2014, 06:37 PM
From a selfish point of view I hope that St Johnstone get nowhere near the final. That makes European qualification for us easier.

If it comes down to a club winning their first ever Domestic major trophy or us qualifying for one game against some european nobody and losing the game and cash into the bargain Ill go for St Johnstone having their moment in the sun.

Yazz
12-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Same for me - I'd like to see Saints lift the silverware.

an Aberdeen - Utd Final will mean a full house at the Bowl, while a Saints - Utd wont I feel. But, so what, c'mon Saints

sieb1886
12-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Pains me to say, but I'm rooting for the Sheep. Selfish, financial reason - they win in 90 mins, and my coupon's up. Who needs scruples when 500 notes are up for grabs, eh !!

Wellup4it
12-04-2014, 07:14 PM
[quote="mix106" date="19:37 on 12 Apr
If it comes down to a club winning their first ever Domestic major trophy or us qualifying for one game against some european nobody and losing the game and cash into the bargain Ill go for St Johnstone having their moment in the sun.[/quote]

I understand your view although I don't necessarily agree with it. How would you choose though between Saints winning their first domestic trophy and us playing a decent European side and making some cash from the ties?

I'll say this though you're a good old fashioned football supporter and deserve credit for that in today's modern world. My late father used to clip me around the ear if I didn't applaud the opposition scoring against us. Sadly those days are long gone.

skippy91
12-04-2014, 11:34 PM
The media were falling over themselves about Aberdeen weeks before they won the cup. Their fans think because they beat Smeltic twice in recent weeks they will be challenging for the title next season (read the comments on their site) cast your minds back we also beat Smeltic twice last season means ***** all.

skippy91
12-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Sieb 500 reasons to be a Dons fan for the day. Good enough for me.

wellin
13-04-2014, 09:15 AM
If we don't win the cup i really don't care who lifts it to be quite honest. Would like to see the dons papped out because they're fans really do annoy me...Good luck all the same sieb.

bheron
13-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Well done St Johnstone.Hope both sets of fans enjoy it,as much as we did.

Yazz
13-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Well done St Johnstone.Hope both sets of fans enjoy it,as much as we did.

Indeed, but would be nice to see a new on trophy - Utd have their recent success - so come on Saints.

dazlhigh
13-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I - and about 100 000 people in the Aberdeen area, I suspect - didn't think Saints would do it. I'm beginning to wonder if I was starting to fall for the relentless drip of pro-Aberdeen hype. In fact some of the Dons' recent results haven't been that great; add to that the fact that other teams' managements will have been working out Aberdeen's tactics and, on reflection, it's not a massive surprise.
I'm not usually bothered about finals we're not in, but we have an interest here. A Utd win would suit us in 'Europe' terms, but I've a soft spot for Saints - a couple of seasons ago their stewards dealt very sensibly with our intinerant musicians - they got to stand, sing and drum; the rest of us got to see the game without recourse to paracetemol, and no crisis ensued. If they can do it...

skippy91
13-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Well done St.J must agree a Utd win would suit our plans to conquer Europe next season but somehow I think i'll be rootin for the Saints come the final. Yep the Dons have definitely turned the corner yet again...cup double, glory years, title challengers next year my ar5e. Glad to see them oot!!!!

mix106
13-04-2014, 05:09 PM
The media were falling over themselves about Aberdeen weeks before they won the cup. Their fans think because they beat Smeltic twice in recent weeks they will be challenging for the title next season (read the comments on their site) cast your minds back we also beat Smeltic twice last season means ***** all.

And we've won Fpuck all for all the descent play / teams over the last few years. Folk remember the winners not the bit part players and for that reason Aberdeen can rightly crow. Sure they blew it today but at least they have something to show for their on field improvement.

skippy91
13-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Our time will come Mix ...be patient young man and we will all rejoice together when it does!!!

mix106
14-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Our time will come Mix ...be patient young man and we will all rejoice together when it does!!!

I've been waiting 23 years and we are no nearer now than we were 23 years ago despite being handed some absolutely glorious opportunities. Those opportunities will lessen with the resurgence of a debt free Dundee Utd, Aberdeen a resurgent Rangers and the general improvement in our rivals financial positions. Where before we could compete while they all serviced huge debt but that's changing.

Historians of the game will look back on the Moltherwell's teams of the 2009 - 2014 era as one of the best in the league and ask how the fpuck failed so miserably when teams with less resource and **** poor teams took the prizes.

A sad but all so familiar position for us. The Motherwell team of the 30's & 50's were generally regarded as some of the finest teams ever yet struggled to claim the prizes. You look at p1sh like St Mirren and Kilmarnock a

Yazz
14-04-2014, 02:52 PM
That's an excellent post Mix.

LawSteelman
15-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Sadly bang on the money mix106. The baubles have been there to be won in recent years as Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, St.Mirren and Dundee Utd have shown. St.Johnstone may well add their to that list in a months time too. Sadly though we haven't even had a sniff in that time despite being in our best position in years on the park and instead have an embarrassing catalogue of exits to some absolute dross, for example; 1st division Inverness, a woeful Aberdeen side who couldn't buy a win against us in the league...twice, a poor Hibs side after Craigan sold the jerseys, Albion Rovers!!!, and a rank rotten The Rangers who had their 'best' players sitting in the stands while we capitulated against them. That is a truly shocking set of statistics.

Meanwhile all we've got to show for having the edge on the rest of the top flight outwith Celtic is a series of European non events which do us more harm than good as all they do is cost the club financially.

There is nothing I would love m

bheron
15-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Doomed I tell You...We are all DOOMED!!! :P XD ;)